Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,101 to 13,120 of 27,917

The_Ninja

I wonder what music will play on the GB stage. Whatever it is, it has to start with the "Ba-ding!" sound.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Klunk23

C'mon Sakurai, let's hear some Fire Emblem music. I do really like the Green Greens remix. Now to see what stage it's on.

Edited on by Klunk23

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

TeeJay

Now that I think about it, hearing this new theme on the Gameboy Kirby stage would be odd wouldn't it. Knowing how much Sakurai loves his own franchises, I wouldn't be surprised if we had another Kirby stage, either Triple Deluxe or the Kirby stage from the original 64 Smash! I loved that stage.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was a retro stage in Brawl wasn't it. I haven't played Brawl in a while because no wii so I forgot...

Fountain of Dreams from melee would be an amazing stage to bring back!

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

Yeah, I think the GB stage will be more like the flat zone 2 and won't focus on a single franchise.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I hope Gourmet Race makes it back in. That was such an epic remix

TuVictus

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

@Operative: With the Halberd stage returning in this version, it has to. I think all of the returning Brawl stages on the Wii U version should keep all of their music .

I'm sure they will, if not slightly arranged. All the music shown so far is from the 3ds version right? I'm thinking There's an actual Kirby stage, and the Game Boy stage is cycling first party GB games.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DreamyViridi

The_Ninja wrote:

I wonder what music will play on the GB stage. Whatever it is, it has to start with the "Ba-ding!" sound.

The sound could just be programmed as... well, a SE. Although a music piece dedicated to GB sound effects would be cool.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SparkOfSpirit

Not a fan of the Kirby remix. I want a fast-paced version of Green Greens for Smash but every version is so slow. I want a speedy rendition that's actually similar to the original track.

At the very least, maybe we'll get a Float Island remix this time.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Budda

Morphbug wrote:

Yeah, I think the GB stage will be more like the flat zone 2 and won't focus on a single franchise.

I kind of doubt it.
Showing the Kirby Stage instead of the Nintendo Logo on the Stage select screen is a weird thing to do, if it's a "multi-game" stage.
And remembering back on PoTD showing that stage, there were only Kirby and King Dedede. I think that was a hint what kind of stage it is.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

ZurrrrBlattTron

I'm in wuv with the green greens remix I think it's so perffffffff <3 I can't wait for more music the Mario and Luigi song is meh imo

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Eel

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

I kind of doubt it.
Showing the Kirby Stage instead of the Nintendo Logo on the Stage select screen is a weird thing to do, if it's a "multi-game" stage.
And remembering back on PoTD showing that stage, there were only Kirby and King Dedede. I think that was a hint what kind of stage it is.

That could be related to the fact that these are the only characters with GB alt skins.

Just like the preview icon being kirby-based can be explained with "Sakurai".

Anyway, I think limiting the retro GB stage to just Kirby would be a wasted opportunity and kind of a jerk move from Mr. Saks.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Budda

@Morphbug
To the first argument. You can see that the other way around. Maybe the alt skins were based on the Kirby/Gameboy stage. wink

If it is a wasted opportunity if it's only a Kirby stage. I don't know. If it's an original stage it doesn't matter.
But different Gameboy games in one stage? I think it may be a bit over the top. Looking at the range of 3DS stages. I don't think there would be that kind of stage.
But I think it's something in the middle. Maybe, it is a Kirby stage with different worlds of the Gameboy game. :3

Eel

I meant that literally, Dedede and Kirby are the only characters with a "retro GB tint" alternate costume, or at least they were in brawl.

As for a stage changing to represent many games, that wouldn't be unheard of. Paper Mario and flat zone 2 do that already.

It would be a wasted opportunity because there's so much more to the GB than plain old boring kirby.

Anyway, if this was meant to be a Kirby-exclusive stage, Sakurai would've presented it as such from the beginning, so no worries.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Budda

Morphbug wrote:

As for a stage changing to represent many games, that wouldn't be unheard of. Paper Mario and flat zone 2 do that already.

It would be a wasted opportunity because there's so much more to the GB than plain old boring kirby.

Anyway, if this was meant to be a Kirby-exclusive stage, Sakurai would've presented it as such from the beginning, so no worries.

To point 1 and 2.
Both the Paper Mario and Flat Zone 2 Stage are from the same franchise.
Paper Mario from the Paper Mario games and Flat Zone 2 from the Game&Watch games. Obviously. But a Gameboy stage with games from different franchises as you suggest is something different. As I already said. I can see that different Worlds of the Kirby game would appear; or even from other Kirby handheld games.

Point 3.
As the past has showed, no, Sakurai has done this with other stages already.
Boxing Ring and Phyrosphere, just to make an example. It's called teasing by the way. ^^

MegaStoneSmash91

I never once considered the Gameboy stage to be exclusively Kirby based. It just seems a lot more likely for it to be a changing stage like Flat Zone 2. Why go to the trouble of incuding the outer edges of the screen if it's going to be based on a single game series? It could have just been a monochrome Kirby stage modeled after the look of the GB games. The stage appearing on the stage select screen with a Kirby image is probably nothing but a coincidence. It lets you know the concept of the stage, and could have easily been a shot of a different game.

The recent music has been nice. The Mega Man 2 medley is excellent, and I can't wait to hear the whole thing. I'm also really fond of the Spark Man remix that was in the Smash Direct. The Nintendogs song also sounded really good to me. It has a lighthearted and fun feel to it.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Azooooz

DestinyMan wrote:

Just because the alleged SSC shows the Game Boy stage with Kirby doesn't mean that it would be just Kirby's Dream Land. That screen also showed the Paper Mario stage with the Sticker Star background, and we know there's at least The Thousand-Year Door too.

I still stand by the Game Boy stage changing backgrounds between different games.

Much like Warioware games, right?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

2Sang

WaLzgi wrote:

Because they are Mario characters! So sayeth the ones who are actually complaining about them

Well Dr. Mario is a separate series from Mario Bros., I could see a pill for an icon, but even so it's unlikely. I just can't figure out what Sakurai was thinking with the overload of mario characters and especially regarding the doc. He was one of my mains in melee, and I didn't even want him back as a separate character. However, if he's got a more unique moveset I might be more inclined to be hyped.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic