Forums

Topic: Super Metroid

Posts 101 to 120 of 198

Tasuki

My apologizes for the double post but I am wondering is there any way to remap the buttons to the Gamepad controller scheme? I tried the remap section in game but it wont let me map anything to the ZR button which is what I want to map the weapon select button to rather than select.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RetroGBHippie92

@Tasuki You can't map anything to ZR because that brings up the virtual console menu, so unfortunately you can't map anything there.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Tasuki

Ugh well that sucks. I dont like the select button where its at on the Gamepad.

My Backlog

holchasaur

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@Tasuki You can't map anything to ZR because that brings up the virtual console menu, so unfortunately you can't map anything there.

Wow. I didn't realize that you couldn't map to the ZR button. When playing for review, I mapped Select functionality to ZL and it helped IMMENSELY.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

Tasuki

DRL wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Wow. I didn't realize that you couldn't map to the ZR button. When playing for review, I mapped Select functionality to ZL and it helped IMMENSELY.

Now that is an idea. I didn't ZL so I might be able to map it there. I will try it out tomorrow when I play some more. As I said I just found the select button to cumbersome especially when I was fighting that spore boss where I had to switch to missiles. whenever its mouth opened.

My Backlog

Ryno

Mapping "select" to "ZL" is fantastic. I didn't think Super Metroid could get any better but that certainly added a little something but that simple little switch is an improvement.

LinktotheFuture wrote:

Any tips for the wall jumps? I could never master them.

Practice. I had a tough time with it at first but you will get the timing down of if you practice enough. The Wii U GamePad D-Pad makes it even easier compared to the SNES controller. The D-Pad on the on the GamePad is the best since the NES!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Whopper744

I have been playing with the Wii U Pro Controller and I really like the feel of it. The Gamepad is good too, but if i have the choice, I'd rather play with the lighter weight controller on the big TV.
I may actually finally beat this game for the first time soon.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

TheKingOfTown

I've been playing this on the original Classic Controller for the most authentic experience.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Tasuki

I have been playing mostly on the Gamepad but than again thats cause the TV has been in use and I need to get my Metroid on.

On a side not I beat Kraid (Is that how you spell it?) Well the big green boss that takes up two screens just in case I got the name wrong. I cant believe how easy he was two Super Missiles and that was it. Oh and its official I freakin hate Norfair.

My Backlog

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

Oh and its official I freakin hate Norfair.

Wait until you get to Maridia

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Ok well found out why Norfair was given me problems I totally missed the triple beam upgrade. Now the enemies are a bit easier. On that note I managed to get the ice beam and the super dash upgrade. I am so glad I gave this game another chance. Kinda makes me want to check out the other Metroid games now.

My Backlog

Happy_Mask

Just beat it. Great game overall, but some of the bosses stank. Now all I gotta do is go back for a few energy tanks.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

moomoo

What's all this talk about not being able to map to zr? I was able to do it just fine...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

RR529

Happy_Mask wrote:

Just beat it. Great game overall, but some of the bosses stank. Now all I gotta do is go back for a few energy tanks.

I'll have to agree with you on the bosses.

The final boss was incredible, and Phantoon & Ridley were standouts, but other than that, the bosses didn't leave much of an impact.

I'm sure they were all mind blowing back in the day, but I believe Fusion has a better lineup of bosses overall, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

moomoo wrote:

What's all this talk about not being able to map to zr? I was able to do it just fine...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about mapping buttouns. The only way I found that I could map buttons is by going into the in game options menu and doing it from there. WHen I do they dont allow me to map any buttons to the Z buttons at all.

My Backlog

bezerker99

Tasuki wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about mapping buttouns. The only way I found that I could map buttons is by going into the in game options menu and doing it from there. WHen I do they dont allow me to map any buttons to the Z buttons at all.

While Super Metroid is so awesome that it allows the gamer to configure the buttons within the game's internal settings, the Wii U also allows for customizable controls on any VC game (and I think that's what they're talking about???).

@2:18 here - it shows you how to configure your Gamepad controller's buttons for any virtual console game on the Wii U.

Edited on by bezerker99

Whopper744

MINOR KIND OF OBVIOUS SPOILERS

Beat Ridley last night (had a tough time but I got him mainly with my charge beam instead of missiles).
Now I just have to find Mother Brain. I hope 8 energy tanks are enough.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Tasuki

bezerker99 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

moomoo wrote:

While Super Metroid is so awesome that it allows the gamer to configure the buttons within the game's internal settings, the Wii U also allows for customizable controls on any VC game (and I think that's what they're talking about???).

@2:18 here - it shows you how to configure your Gamepad controller's buttons for any virtual console game on the Wii U.

AH ok I see I have never used the VC menu before lol guess lol. I was thinking it was in game. Thanks for the info.

My Backlog

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I'll have to agree with you on the bosses.

The final boss was incredible, and Phantoon & Ridley were standouts, but other than that, the bosses didn't leave much of an impact.

I'm sure they were all mind blowing back in the day, but I believe Fusion has a better lineup of bosses overall, IMO.

Yeah I remember the first time I heard about Kraid in Nintendo Power and how his battle was going to be two screens tall. That was all my friends and I could talk about for days back than. And than the first time I saw in a commercial, OMG. However when I got up to him myself for the first time last night I wasnt at all that awed about it and just took him on like any other boss.

My Backlog

Tasuki

WOOOT!! Just beat Crocomire. Also I now have 3 energy tanks and a reserve tank XD. I feel like I am twelve again when I play this game lol.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.