Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,588

Dezzy

Haha people are only still arguing about graphics because you keep making it out as if we're insane for criticising low graphical standards in a first party Nintendo game. I don't think anyone cares that much about it. But if you get called insane for caring about it, surprise surprise, people argue back.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

Looks awful. Looks slow. Looks uninspiring.

Worse of all, it doesn't look like it is any fun at all.

Peek-a-boo

PaperMario64

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Looks awful. Looks slow. Looks uninspiring.

Worse of all, it doesn't look like it is any fun at all.

Well you might actually have picked the most boring mission of them all. LOL

PaperMario64

Peek-a-boo

Even so, it doesn't change my opinion that it looks disappointingly uninspiring.

I am genuinely beginning to think that this will be the last Star Fox game ever, and it looks like it may well go out with not a bang, but a whimper.

Peek-a-boo

Araquanid

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I am genuinely beginning to think that this will be the last Star Fox game ever, and it looks like it may well go out with not a bang, but a whimper.

Didn't everybody say that when starfox adventures came out?

Yeah, the game looks great bar graphics which don't really matter all that much. I honestly never cared for starfox as I found the franchise somewhat cheesy but this game actually got me sinked back into trying it, I'm impressed with the demos and trailers.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Even so, it doesn't change my opinion that it looks disappointingly uninspiring.

well your opinion is terrible. Sorry.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

We're still complaining about this game?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Smash_kirby

It is upsetting to hear that people are talking doom and gloom about a game 2-3 year ago people were demanding be made. I am excited to hear the game coming out, and in all honesty it is good to have Star Fox do this sort of thing with the sequel/reboot.

Smash_kirby

Chandlero

I think Star Fox doesn't need the best graphics but an awesome gameplay. I played Star Wing (Star Fox) not for the new 3D graphics on SNES but rather for the flying and shooting

That hasn't change until today. You can always play the old game and have fun. And Star Fox Zero seems to do great with the GamePad. The extra screen makes the game new in gameplay mechanics and I'm looking forward to play it

Peek-a-boo

@kkslider5552000: You think the YouTube video I posted looks fast paced, overly inspiring, lots of fun and visually pleasing to the eye?

I think you'd be biting your tongue pretty hard if you think the video is all of the above.

I would love to be proved wrong as I thoroughly enjoy Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64) however, I have yet to watch a single video that has convinced me that this is a return to form! I am glad Nintendo has acknowledged this series after a long slumber, but it has not been lighting the world up as far as I can see, whether it is from a nostalgic or a present day point of view.

All those wayward and oft negative first play reports from E3 were hardly inspiring either.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

I think the absolute worst thing about Star Fox Zero is its release date, why would you release same week as Star Wars Battlefront!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Araquanid

@Grumblevolcano: actually, a better compaint is why you'd release this the same DAY as pokemon super mystery dungeon. Wallet spare me...

Peek-a-boo wrote:

All those wayward and oft negative first play reports from E3 were hardly inspiring either.

You make it sound like nobody enjoyed playing the demo.. when all I ever hear is how much fun the demo is. You're litteraly the first person to complain about something other than the graphics.

The only complaint I have is when miyamoto said the game length is as long as a movie.. but if what other's say is true and that's star fox in a nutshell, I'll hold off on that judgement. Not to mention a scrolling shooter does somewhat have a set ammount of time per mission, so I guess that's kinda fair.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

Let me pick the level that is focus on exploration instead of combat and complain there isn't enough action.

Let's pick a video where they filmed a TV screen instead of direct video feed and complain how it looks.

Let's complain about a game I haven't played when people that have played it enjoyed it.

That is what that video/comment looks like.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Peek-a-boo

MegaBeedrill wrote:

You make it sound like nobody enjoyed playing the demo.. when all I ever hear is how much fun the demo is. You're litteraly the first person to complain about something other than the graphics.

Star Fox Zero doesn't make a great first impression - http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/8795499/star-fox-zero-hands...

It pains me to say it, but I didn't like it - http://www.usgamer.net/articles/on-the-show-floor-glimpsing-t...

As this is the first totally new Star Fox in nine years, the disappointment for Wii U's Star Fox Zero is poignantly palpable - http://www.nintendojo.com/features/editorials/evaluating-star...

Star Fox Zero looks disappointing - http://www.gamingilluminaughty.com/star-fox-zero-looks-disapp...

After half an hour, I was still struggling, and this was disappointing in the end - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hands-on-with-star-fox-zero-...

Speaking of Star Fox Zero, this might have been the biggest disappointment at the booth - http://bgr.com/2015/06/19/nintendo-e3-2015-preview-star-fox-z...

Yep, I am literally - LITERALLY! - the only person in the whole wide world to 'complain about something other than graphics'.

Do a little bit of research next time before you make silly accusations please!

The worse thing of it is, those reports I posted above are just a small handful out of a big bowl.

Look, Star Fox 64 is one of my favourite games of all time so, it is not as if I am not a fan of the series or anything! I am just continuously underwhelmed by almost all kinds of media - be it screenshots or a video - of Star Fox Zero thus far.

In other words, I really REALLY want this to be be good.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Araquanid

www.gamingilluminaughty.com
gamingilluminaughty
gamingilluminaughty

Yeah, I stopped reading after you posted that, lmao what more would you expect from a site called "gamingilluminaughty"?

Tbh, it's very tipical that all those other sources post something trolly every once in awhile, even if they don't actually believe or feel that way towards the game. Infact, www.gamingilluminaughty.com is litteraly just an overcritical site... if you scroll down below the article you'll see laughable article titles..

Not to mention half of the links you posted are NSFW links anyway, which says enough about how biased they can be.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

kkslider5552000

I repeat my previous statement.

That being said, I will concede to everyone who isn't obsessed with linking to like-minded preview opinions that I would not be too surprised if that helicopter/rob combo part is mediocre as heck (worst case scenario, stuff like entering that first level boss with the walker too). Honestly people weren't all praising Star Fox 64 like it deserved even back in 1997, and less so afterwards, so previews of a Star Fox game that is trying to play like Star Fox 64 are fairly meaningless to me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

PaperMario64

I liked how their complain was this: "I often found myself crashing while looking at the wrong screen"

PaperMario64

Dezzy

That's what a lot of people have said. I'm still not 100% clear if you can just control with the sticks instead (and therefore also have off-tv play). My buying it will probably depend on that. I can't be doing with motion controls and looking at 2 screens.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

That's what a lot of people have said. I'm still not 100% clear if you can just control with the sticks instead (and therefore also have off-tv play). My buying it will probably depend on that. I can't be doing with motion controls and looking at 2 screens.

I found it easiest when just glancing down at the screen. If you focus too much on shooting you will fly into things. It is just something to get use to, it isn't that inconvenient.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.