Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 14,636

jariw

Megumi wrote:

You people still care about Miiverse? lol

Because the Miiverse posts are in the game?

jariw

jariw

Undead_terror wrote:

Is rank 20 still the max rank?

20 is the max level for unlocking stuff.

The ranked battles use letter ranking.

jariw

jump

DefHalan wrote:

So I was rocking the Splatter Shot Jr. for a while and rocking it. (It was a custom one or something like that) but yesterday I couldn't win a match for the life of me. Any ideas on a good weapon to change to that might give a better result? I am level 10 and have bough all the weapons I can so far.

The Krak On Roller is easy to use and when the beacon is used by a smart tean it's great for support (advance into key areas, leave a beacon thing and your team warps there after being splatted) plus it has the best combat special in the game so save it whilst rolling then when the enemy gangs up on you transform. Otherwise the quicker charging gun that leaves splats in a straight line (I cant remember it's name) is good but you need to get use to it so it isn't a quick fix to a poor run.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

Zerodactyl wrote:

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Is the DLC out in the UK yet?

It's out at 3AM I believe.

What is the DLC? Those maps and weapons? What's with the weird release timing?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MegaMari0

They like North America better so they give us the PT time of 7pm.(10pm EST for me)

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Zerodactyl

Dezzy wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Is the DLC out in the UK yet?

It's out at 3AM I believe.

What is the DLC? Those maps and weapons? What's with the weird release timing?

The DLC is...

• The Port Mackerel map:

http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/splatoon_ranked_b...

• Ranked Battle mode - those ranked level 10 and above will be able to tackle the Splat Zone mode.
  • The N-Zap '85 rapid-fire Shooter weapon:

http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/splatoon_ranked_b...

They will all arrive today at 7pm Pacific / 10pm Eastern time, which is 3am UK / 4am CET (tomorrow).

Link: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/splatoon_ranked_batt...

As for times:

MegaMari0 wrote:

They like North America better so they give us the PT time of 7pm.(10pm EST for me)

Edited on by Zerodactyl

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

So I was rocking the Splatter Shot Jr. for a while and rocking it. (It was a custom one or something like that) but yesterday I couldn't win a match for the life of me. Any ideas on a good weapon to change to that might give a better result? I am level 10 and have bough all the weapons I can so far.

The Krak On Roller is easy to use and when the beacon is used by a smart tean it's great for support (advance into key areas, leave a beacon thing and your team warps there after being splatted) plus it has the best combat special in the game so save it whilst rolling then when the enemy gangs up on you transform. Otherwise the quicker charging gun that leaves splats in a straight line (I cant remember it's name) is good but you need to get use to it so it isn't a quick fix to a poor run.

I have been trying to avoid the Roller. It feels like if a team should only have 1 roller. Without a roller you are at a disadvantage and with more than 1 the enemy adapts to them to easily. 1 Roller per team is the perfect amount. I might like the N-Zap, sounds like my play style.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

This opens the door for the Super Scope 6!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MegaMari0

^^ I was part of a whole team of rollers and we dominated Saltspray rig. Granted that map is roller heaven it I didn't mind because we just followed behind each other refilling as the other continued and swapped places then we branched out. It was oddly coordinated.

DefHalan

MegaMari0 wrote:

^^ I was part of a whole team of rollers and we dominated Saltspray rig. Granted that map is roller heaven it I didn't mind because we just followed behind each other refilling as the other continued and swapped places then we branched out. It was oddly coordinated.

I have never been on a team that coordinated. When ever I have more than 1 Roller they are all the lowest scoring players and are a couple hundred points less than me.

OneBagTravel

I've found that the only way rollers can get top of the list is that they focus solely on paining and avoid attacking. If they can use an advanced person to jump to at spawn, they can just ink the whole area in seconds. People get too caught up in attacking other players with the roller but every second you're not painting, you're losing more points than someone who is shooting AT someone and painting at the same time.

Rollers are just completely different when scoring points and they should be played differently. They're more of a support class.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

jump

DefHalan wrote:

MegaMari0 wrote:

I have never been on a team that coordinated. When ever I have more than 1 Roller they are all the lowest scoring players and are a couple hundred points less than me.

I suspect that maybe due to them being newbies who seem to go straight to it, The last time I played with it I got the most kills and the highest score even with people who are level 20 (I'm currently 11) on my team, I do agree when a team has 3/4 rollers they are a lot less effective but the same is true for all unbalanced teams.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Zerodactyl

So, I found out a second ago that painting walls doesn't count on your points or to the percentage at the end. That's weird.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

MegaMari0

DefHalan wrote:

MegaMari0 wrote:

It was like the stars aligned man. When we reached the center section we broke into 2 man groups and continued on our merry way. In this manner we dominated with constant use of our specials(wail/kraken) if one of us fell the other used their special and we just super jumped back to where left off. towards the end the coordination did falter a little when 3 of us showed up in one location. We still won wonderfully. That kind of cooperation reminds me of the Collective guy lie in the TV show scrubs.

Spoony_Tech

Zerodactyl wrote:

So, I found out a second ago that painting walls doesn't count on your points or to the percentage at the end. That's weird.

Who said that? I've been on maps where it seemed the only way we won was with the walls being counted.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

OneBagTravel wrote:

I've found that the only way rollers can get top of the list is that they focus solely on paining and avoid attacking. If they can use an advanced person to jump to at spawn, they can just ink the whole area in seconds. People get too caught up in attacking other players with the roller but every second you're not painting, you're losing more points than someone who is shooting AT someone and painting at the same time.

Rollers are just completely different when scoring points and they should be played differently. They're more of a support class.

Yeah, too many people think of it as a weapon but I do get some big kiil tallies with he Krakon roller, I ignore the fighting til my special is up, squid jump to fight and then kraken the baddies.

Nicolai wrote:

Zerodactyl

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

Who said that? I've been on maps where it seemed the only way we won was with the walls being counted.

I was watching some Splatoon videos, and lots of people said that walls don't count. Apparently Nintendo said it, too.

DefHalan

MegaMari0 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MegaMari0 wrote:

It was like the stars aligned man. When we reached the center section we broke into 2 man groups and continued on our merry way. In this manner we dominated with constant use of our specials(wail/kraken) if one of us fell the other used their special and we just super jumped back to where left off. towards the end the coordination did falter a little when 3 of us showed up in one location. We still won wonderfully. That kind of cooperation reminds me of the Collective guy lie in the TV show scrubs.

And that is why we are watching Football in the Spring

Joeynator3000

Zerodactyl wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

I was watching some Splatoon videos, and lots of people said that walls don't count. Apparently Nintendo said it, too.

I think those slanted walls count, the score is based on what you can see from a bird's eye view.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Zerodactyl

Megumi wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

I think those slanted walls count, the score is based on what you can see from a bird's eye view.

And I searched it up on Google. I found this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805617-splatoon/71790198 . Floor on top of walls do count.

Edited on by Zerodactyl

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic