Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 13,921 to 13,940 of 14,636

ACK

@Nicolai: Yeah, man. What can you do? Thanks for playing though, that was about as bad as it gets for me, but we'll make a better showing next time!

ACK

Twitter:

Nicolai

@ACK: Okay, sorry for the bad connection. It must have been on your end, sadly, cuz I'm playing fine now. Maybe next time!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

ACK

@Nicolai: Yeah, it's weird because I haven't had any trouble while playing RM afterwards either...

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

shani

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Spongebob or Patrick?

I like both of them so I'll go with Spongebob because of the colour. My favourite ink colour is neon yellow (and lime green) but plain yellow is also good.

Kazuo wrote:

Also apparently both regions will be matched together this splatfest.

Yeah I love that they're doing that! Now we can all play together/against each other during Splatfest. ^^

EDI: I tried out the buffed Inkstrike, didn't think it would be that much faster! That makes certain weapons like the .52 gal and the Slosher more viable again.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

LzWinky

ERm, is having two Rainmakers in a match normal?

I think I just experienced a glitchy match

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Rexcalibr

I like Rainmaker gut it's my least favorite of the 3 ranked battles.

I don't even play the splatfests unless there is an event going on and I'm free that weekend.

Rexcalibr

shani

@PikminFan22: Well I wouldn't say stronger, but they have a bigger blast radius and use up a lot more ink. The other changes are only marginal in my opinion.

▼Ink consumption changed from 25% to 40%.
▼Weakened the knockback effect.
▼Radius for dealing minimum damage reduced by 20%.
▲Minimum damage increased from 20.0 to 25.0.
▲Radius for dealing medium damage (35.0) increased by about 14%.
▲Painting radius increased by about 43%.

And yeah, having 3 burst bombs takes a lot of slots now. Was it really 1 main and 3 subs? Thought it was less, but you're probably right.

Also, Nintendome made a video where he shows all the 2.7.0. changes in action:

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

LzWinky

PikminFan22 wrote:

@TingLz TWO rainmakers?? O_o Like literally?? Unless you were just seeing things... lol Maybe one of them was an Inkzooka?

I stood in the corner watching the opponent carry it and noticed there was another in the center. I think it was some really severe lag.

Also, most of the weapons that kill me regularly get nerfed while mine get buffed.

That's hilarious

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

PikminFan22 wrote:

@TingLz Wow! XD do you have footage of that?! Haha That's funny, but yeah probably just bad lag

Sadly no. I wish I did. It was the glitchiest/laggiest match I had. The whole game slowed down

ACK

@TingLz @EdJericho Will you guys be able to squad up with me and Kazuo sometime soon? If so hop into the Discord channel.

ACK

Twitter:

Platina

I probably will be able to play later tonight so maybe we can have Squad/Turf War/Private match?

Platina

LzWinky

I am free now for squading, though I may be a bit extra merry tonight

Blue_Blur

@PikminFan22: Here's my answer to your burst bomb question:

For me, damage up is important with my slosher so I can get a kill with one directly hit from a bomb and one slosh. Without the damage up, I would deal like 99.7 damage. So, the extra damage puts the total over 100. For guns and other weapons, besides the carbon roller, (not including chargers) I don't think the extra damage is necessary. However, with sloshers and rollers, damage up also increases the amount of damage dealt with not well-aimed shots (so the edge/side of a slosh or roller splash). I haven't really noticed this, but I've heard that this is true in a video.

With the new update, though, I don't find damage up as useful as it used to be, since burst bombs now deal 5 more damage each, with a 15% larger splash radius as well. In other words, not as much damage up needed for the kill) I still have enough damage up equipped for my slosher combo to work (2 subs), but for guns, I don't think damage up is worth it.

If you're using the new slosher, I don't think damage up is worth it either, since splat bombs always kill no matter what. Other abilities, like ink saver main, recovery, etc, I think would be more beneficial. I would consider having at least 2 subs of damage if you're using the carbon roller to get the damage total over 100. With 2 damage subs, for me, it puts the total at 100.3, so I would assume it's the same with the carbon, but you better test it out to be sure. But that's just me! Use whichever gear you want, or copy my gear! Whichever you prefer! XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Platina

Anyone want to play Turf Wars/Squads/Private?

Platina

Rexcalibr

The SpongeBob/Patrick Turf event seems like the best theme yet. Team Spongey here through even though I love Patrick.

Rexcalibr

SheldonRandoms

Hey all you squidkids here, I've heard about the new splatfest that's being revved up!...
Untitled
.....Make sure you break a leg out there! : P

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

LzWinky

GOLD TEAM RULES!

SheldonRandoms

Team Dirty Dan Vs. Team Pinhead Larry, thank(OH MY )goodness(SQUIDWWWWWAAAARRRRDDDD!!!!!) I know what team i'm going to be on, since i'm a dirty boy!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic