Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3 - OT

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,305

erv

Olimar does seem notoriously absent. Maybe these guys are the employers of his new, own corporation

Goodbuy indebted president, lol!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Snagrio

erv wrote:

Olimar does seem notoriously absent. Maybe these guys are the employers of his new, own corporation

Goodbuy indebted president, lol!

No, these new Captains are from a separate planet from Hocotate, so that isn't possible. I imagine they'll bump into Olimar at some point though.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

I've been watching Top Ten Nintendo whatever videos, and one of them about underrated had the Pikmin series in the countdown.

For a minute, I agreed, but then I got to thinking. While Pikmin has been rather obscure as of late, pretty much ever since Olimar's inclusion in Brawl the franchise has pretty much blossomed (pardon the pun) everywhere.

The Pikmin carrying data during 3DS/Wii U system transfers, an upcoming set of animated shorts, a third game for Wii U, and several other references from other games such as WarioWare, Mario Golf, and other examples all point to Pikmin taking a top spot among the Big N ranks. Not as big as Mario or Zelda of course, but the franchise has been getting a LOT of attention. And seeing as the Pikmin series is one of my favorites (second only to Smash Bros.), that's fine be me.

Snagrio

DylanMcGrann

WingedFish wrote:

I've been watching Top Ten Nintendo whatever videos, and one of them about underrated had the Pikmin series in the countdown.

For a minute, I agreed, but then I got to thinking. While Pikmin has been rather obscure as of late, pretty much ever since Olimar's inclusion in Brawl the franchise has pretty much blossomed (pardon the pun) everywhere.

The Pikmin carrying data during 3DS/Wii U system transfers, an upcoming set of animated shorts, a third game for Wii U, and several other references from other games such as WarioWare, Mario Golf, and other examples all point to Pikmin taking a top spot among the Big N ranks. Not as big as Mario or Zelda of course, but the franchise has been getting a LOT of attention. And seeing as the Pikmin series is one of my favorites (second only to Smash Bros.), that's fine be me.

Yeah, I wouldn't quite call Pikmin "underrated," although it is in some ways. The series has been fairly successful critically. It really isn't that popular at this point (though popular enough to survive fortunately), and I'm not sure those things you've listed are quite evidence of a series blossoming. I think it's more that Nintendo just wants Pikmin to be another major franchise, and they are trying to market the series to Nintendo fans over time. In fact, I don't think Pikmin is the only series Nintendo is doing this with. I wouldn't be surprised if there are games in the works or being considered for every Nintendo Land attraction.

Much of the Wii U seems like a response to the Wii's abysmal software attach rate. Nintendo Land is basically a big marketing game designed to sell people on the Wii U console as well as various Nintendo series. In a way, I think Nintendo sees Wii Sports as a failure because it failed to ignite interest in other Nintendo games (though at this point they might see Nintendo Land as a failure too). With Nintendo Land, they've used Nintendo characters instead of equally appropriate generic themes. It's not hard to imagine someone who really enjoyed the "Pikmin Adventure" attraction in Nintendo Land being automatically intrested when they see Pikmin 3 on the shelf at a store or see fans exlaiming their enjoyment on the Wara Wara Plaza (I think free ads are the real reason Nintendo made the Wara Wara Plaza). I've seen tons of posts on Miiverse of people saying how much they like certain attractions despite not having played an actual game in the series. Those people will be fairly easy for Nintendo to persuade.

It will be interesting to see how Pikmin 3 fares compared to its predecessors. That will be the first test to see if any of these things actually translate in the real world. I personally think it's just a matter of proper exposure and marketing, which unfortunately Nintendo doesn't always get right.

Edited on by DylanMcGrann

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

Scary_Old_Lady

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

Official boxart:
Untitled

Mmm, Beautiful!

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

bassoongoon

Wow that box art IS gorgeous! I can't wait to get Pikmin 3! I have been waiting almost 10 years for it!

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

Snagrio

Apparently I guessed right, there will be a Boss Battle mode! It's shown/talked about near the end of the video.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

MasterWario

Oh man, SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!!!
Have you guys seen this trailer yet? I didn't see it in the Nintendo Direct; had to rummage around for it

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Snagrio

It seems like you are the only one besides me who consistently posts on this thread @MasterWario. Seriously why does practically nobody else talk Pikmin around here?

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

GamecubeMan

Did this game get an exact release date I havent really heard that much from this title since the last Nintendo Direct.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

OptometristLime

GamecubeLad wrote:

Did this game get an exact release date I havent really heard that much from this title since the last Nintendo Direct.

August 3, according to Nintendo Life website!
I lost track of the release date myself, in the endless hyping. o.o

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

JoyBoy

I imagine this game being so good, it's not even funny anymore

Does the versus mode support off tv play? one on the tv, other on the gamepad? Since you CAN play off-tv in singleplayer.

I doubt it though cause I guess we would have seen something about it by now if this were true.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

e-love

Must...beat...the...original...

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

MasterWario

WingedFish wrote:

It seems like you are the only one besides me who consistently posts on this thread @MasterWario. Seriously why does practically nobody else talk Pikmin around here?

Well for me personally, it feels like activity on the entire website has been down recently; sometimes I go like 2 weeks without any posts on my watched topics.

So did anybody notice some things about the bingo battle? First off, Olimar (that's right folks, Olimar) is one of the playable characters. So at the very least, he'll appear in that. I also saw that there was an option to switch from a 1v1 to a 2v2, so it looks like Pikmin 3 might be getting getting 4-player! (or you just have 2 captains to control, that's a possibility also) We'll have to see if you can also have more than two players in challenge mode.

Also, I heard the guy talking about how if you're good enough, you can beat the game in 30 days...I'm quite curious if you could get lower than that, because 30 days chock full of Pikmin action would be, FANTASTIC! (I can beat both Pikmin games within 10 days)

@Longforgotten I have no idea

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

ThePirateCaptain

I just picked up the Nintendo Selects version of Pikmin 2 not too long ago. I should really start it before this one comes out

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Snagrio

So, Nintendo hasn't said anything whatsoever about the Pikmin animated shorts since they announced them (if my memory serves well anyway). I guess by this point they won't come out until after the game has released.

Snagrio

KingDunsparce

WingedFish wrote:

So, Nintendo hasn't said anything whatsoever about the Pikmin animated shorts since they announced them (if my memory serves well anyway). I guess by this point they won't come out until after the game has released.

That's too bad. I was looking forward to these to build some hype or Pikmin 3. :/

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Whopper744

I was wondering the same thing. Where is anything about these Pikmin short clips?

This will be my next big game I'd say. I liked the first game more than the second actually (not really sure why honestly), but I think this one has a good chance of surpassing both from the looks of it.

Did anyone else think 2 got crazy hard after SPOILER you went back to the planet for Louie? (however you spell it)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

KingDunsparce

Joshers744 wrote:

Did anyone else think 2 got crazy hard after SPOILER you went back to the planet for Louie? (however you spell it)

Yes, the final cave was especially hard though

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.