Forums

Topic: Nintendo Movement by Shokio, what do you think?

Posts 201 to 214 of 214

Rezalack

DefHalan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

By your logic we should have bent over to the Xbox One DRM.

I know this isn't popular opinion, and I don't think the DRM was a good idea, BUT there were somethings that developers could take advantage do to the DRM that they cannot guarantee now and some nice things for consumers.

The number 1 thing the developers could have taken advantage of would be the consumers.

Seriously though, name some things. I have pretty much agreed with you for most of this thread, I'm just curious to hear what some positives DRM would bring.. however off topic it may be.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

DefHalan

Spuratis wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

By your logic we should have bent over to the Xbox One DRM.

I know this isn't popular opinion, and I don't think the DRM was a good idea, BUT there were somethings that developers could take advantage do to the DRM that they cannot guarantee now and some nice things for consumers.

The number 1 thing the developers could have taken advantage of would be the consumers.

Seriously though, name some things. I have pretty much agreed with you for most of this thread, I'm just curious to hear what some positives DRM would bring.. however off topic it may be.

Here are 6
http://www.gamesradar.com/6-great-features-youre-losing-xbox-...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rezalack

^Ahh, well I guess some of those are pretty good positives for those who like digital gaming. I myself prefer physical still though. I've always disliked the idea of needing the internet to play any of the games I buy. Well, unless it's an MMO of course.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

DefHalan

Spuratis wrote:

^Ahh, well I guess some of those are pretty good positives for those who like digital gaming. I myself prefer physical still though. I've always disliked the idea of needing the internet to play any of the games I buy. Well, unless it's an MMO of course.

As someone who has over 250 Steam games, I wouldn't mind some of those features. Also I know my Wii U is always connected to he internet. i don't take to friends houses, mostly they come to my place. The only time my Wii U isn't connected is when my internet isn't working, which rarely happens. So it wouldn't have bothered me, but I am not getting an Xbox One so my opinion doesn't really matter on that subject lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

I think the Xbox DRM debacle involved more than just complaining. Journalists and even Sony (through brilliant marketing) were pressuring Microsoft to change its DRM policies. Microsoft basically had the whole world against them

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

While ultimately its up to nintendo they need to hear fan input. We as fans should demand the best services and bang for our buck as possible. By your logic we should have bent over to the Xbox One DRM.

To an extent, yes. However, not everyone's wishes will come true...even though some of these things should happen

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Keeping the DRM policy probably would have been harder for Microsoft, then consumers. They'd be tracking copies of used games directly from GS, and probably would have met demand based on used gane sales. That kind of management isn't easy. I already had an idea of what benefits the DRM policy could bring, when they announced it, so I wasn't that against it, but I do ultimately think it was the better choice for consumers and Microsoft.

It would have been too hard for Microsoft to up keep that sort of system, and consumers to abide by it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SomeBitTripFan

I just realized how potentially harmful this thing could be. This could very well push Nintendo even more toward casuals, seeing as this is just making the fanbase seem like a bunch of whiny, impossible-to-please idiots. Way to go, "Redirect" Nintendo even more toward that infection.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

LzWinky

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I just realized how potentially harmful this thing could be. This could very well push Nintendo even more toward casuals, seeing as this is just making the fanbase seem like a bunch of whiny, impossible-to-please idiots. Way to go, "Redirect" Nintendo even more toward that infection.

I honestly doubt it. Fanbases always create movements and something like this shouldn't be new to Nintendo

SomeBitTripFan

@Unca_Lz: Eh, who knows. I'm simply thinking that Nintendo will start to see that they can't please fans and will just focus on a market that does something other than complaining. If I were Iwata, I honestly wouldn't mind throwing a big "F U" at them and then just ditching them. Just make sure to skillfully paint them out as a bunch of First-World, Impossible-to-Please Whiners and no one would mind at all.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

LzWinky

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@Unca_Lz: Eh, who knows. I'm simply thinking that Nintendo will start to see that they can't please fans and will just focus on a market that does something other than complaining. If I were Iwata, I honestly wouldn't mind throwing a big "F U" at them and then just ditching them. Just make sure to skillfully paint them out as a bunch of First-World, Impossible-to-Please Whiners and no one would mind at all.

Well keep in mind that a good number of these fans still buy Nintendo products, so turning your back on them literally would be more of a PR disaster.

With that said, I don't understand how Nintendo turned their back with the Wii. It was more casual-focused, but it still had core games in it like Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and Kirby (yes Kirby. I like Kirby >:[ )

SomeBitTripFan

@Unca_Lz: True. There is no one real solution I guess, other than the end of fans and brand loyalty, but I doubt that could happen, sadly. It wouldn't be good for business.

Just Someloggery

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

I think a lot of people are confused about what others are saying.

I don't think anyone is against Cross-Buying. Sure more bang for your buck is always great.

What I am saying, and I think others but don't want to speak for them, is that we aren't owed Cross-Buying. Nintendo doesn't owe us this just like they didn't owe early adopters of the 3DS free games, they chose to give them games.

If Nintendo wants to give us a Cross-Buying option then that is their decision and I don't think anyone will disagree. We shouldn't be demanding it from them as there are many factors that we are not aware of. Just because others do it doesn't make it good for everyone.

They don't owe it to us, they offer a product and we either choose to pay for it or choose not to. However when I said that this was the one thing that these guys are demanding that I'm actually behind I meant it in a different way. I don't think they owe it to us, I think it's a good idea that would make sense for both us as consumers and Nintendo as sellers of their products. In other words as a consumer I can see how doing this would both make me happier and also get me to buy more content.

They're Nintendo, they're not gods. If people want to complain about this one thing that doesn't really make sense then cool. More power to them. Why not? I don't see how wasting time ranting about how they shouldn't complain about it is somehow the "higher" thing here.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Jazzer94

@skywake What you said is exactly how I felt but I think failed to convey as I don't feel Nintendo owe us crossbuy just that as it increasingly becomes standard practice by companies Nintendo should consider adopting it to stay competitive, I know that I'd be buying more VC games if they were crossbuy.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.