Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 4,835

Deege

I've got a few levels I'd like to share. My levels are difficult but not to the point of frustration. Players with a little bit of skill should be able to beat these levels only losing a life or two. My wife also made a fee if these herself, since she plays on my profile. Anyone who plays our levels will have the favor returned, and if course we love feedback through the comments! Thanks in advance!

CD0E-0000-0032-BBE2 - Crumbling Castle
The second level I built. Hard difficulty SMB 3 castle style level. Warning, this I went overboard with sound effects here.

1C8A-0000-0032-337D - Goompocalypse
My wife's first level, a SMB3 Ghost House with a good amount of Goombas

7903-0000-0044-E459 - Legend of Link
Another of my wife's levels starring Link, and our most starred level. A SMB1 castle stage. Get the power up before trying to take on the boss!

2671-0000-003B-1F4E - Mushroom Cavern
A joint effort by me and my wife, in the SMW style. I made the cave sections and she made the underwater sections. The second cave section is where people die most so be cautious there!

0958-0000-004D-66BD - Pepperoni Pipe Yard
A SMW pipe themed level with lots of fireballs... Maybe too many.The coins will show you safe spots, so if you take it easy you should be okay, but sometimes running will help avoid hazards moreso. This level is tough no matter what your play style is, but there are a lot of power ups thrown in to help.

969E-0000-0054-6DEA - Waluigi Hates This
My wife built this SMB Doom Ship level, it's a bit mean and scary, but so is Waluigi...

245F-0000-005B-35F9 - Save the Princess
A SMW Doom Ship level. This is my favorite of the levels I've built. It's a bit tough but should be fun for anyone who plays it.

All my levels have 3 1-ups hidden in them. Thanks again!

Deege

Adam

I have noticed for this game only that my TV lags considerably behind the game pad. I looked it up and found it is an issue for others as well but saw no good explanation or solution for why this woule be. Any help?

P.S. I somehow hadn't thought to check here for levels. Going to have to look through this thread over the weekend.
P.P.S. Hi.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

OorWullie

Ok here is my new level,well kind of.It's my previous level in the SMB template.Not including the many visual adjustments I had to make,for 2/3 it's mostly the same as the previous one but the solution is now different and there is a whole new section added which compliments the rest of te level nicely I think.

I've now got 149 stars from my 13 uploads so only 1 more needed to increase my upload limit to 30.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Littlebigblox

My Super Mario Maker Levels
I made these levels in mario maker. The most challenging one is Ghostly Ghostas and Spin Skills.
Try my levels out!
Nintendo Network ID: littlebigblox

Edited on by Littlebigblox

Custom Wii U backgrounds Petition!
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-custom-wii-u-backgrounds

Jimsbo

Sorry if this has been asked several times already, but where do you find the URL they're asking for in order to get the screen shot? It seems like my entries aren't getting much attention anywhere, so maybe it would help if they at least had an image like most of the others. Even if the image is just a patch of the background, it probably helps get it noticed by a small percent more than just a text entry.

Jimsbo

Harvan

@Jimsbo: If you log in to Miiverse and go to the post that advertises your level, just copy the URL for that post. You'll also be able to easily copy your level code from there into the form here. (I spent about half an hour transcribing my level codes from within the game last night, only to find I didn't have to.)

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan
My Nintendo Network ID: KieferSkunk

OorWullie

@Jimsbo: If you add screenshot to Miiverse then save the URL from the browser version.Go to the NL SMM level sharing app and fill in the details of your level.Once you've added it,you'll see a share option under your level description,save the URLfrom there and then add it here.You need to keep an empty line above and below the link in your post for it to appear.

Edit: Harvan beat me to it,I should have refreshed.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

bassoongoon

Is it just me, or are people stingy on starring courses? I'm not the best level maker by any means, but I'm also not the worst, and would expect more stars. At first I thought it was just my courses sucking (which might partially be the case), but then I noticed even really popular stages tend to have way more plays than stars. Personally I like to help people out, and star any courses that I like, even a little bit, but it doesn't seem like many others do the same. Am I missing something here?

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

Harvan

bassoongoon wrote:

Is it just me, or are people stingy on starring courses? I'm not the best level maker by any means, but I'm also not the worst, and would expect more stars. At first I thought it was just my courses sucking (which might partially be the case), but then I noticed even really popular stages tend to have way more plays than stars. Personally I like to help people out, and star any courses that I like, even a little bit, but it doesn't seem like many others do the same. Am I missing something here?

Definitely not just you. I've put a lot of work into several of my courses, partly to get them to include elements that everyone seems to like, as well as to come up with something original and fun. And my friends locally all like them, but people online not only don't star them, they frequently don't even bother to complete them. My levels aren't super insanely hard - there are a couple of tricks here, but nothing an average player couldn't figure out in a few tries.

It just seems that there's a lot of impatience in SMM - if someone has to try a level more than twice, they just skip it. I'm basing that off my own stats, where the number of plays is usually roughly 2-3x the number of people who've played it, and the number of clears is extremely low (7% on an easy level?). I think most players are in it to just breeze through the 100-Mario Challenge as fast as possible, and don't necessarily appreciate how making Mario levels has become an art form.

It's actually more depressing than negative feedback to have no feedback at all.

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan
My Nintendo Network ID: KieferSkunk

sjmartin

bassoongoon wrote:

I'm the same way as you. If I play your course, and I have a good time, even if I'm frustrated by it, I give it a star. If I play a course and it has unfair elements or troll deaths, then i don't star. But I like to help people out and reward the effort that was put into it.

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

sjmartin

Harvan wrote:

bassoongoon wrote:

Definitely not just you. I've put a lot of work into several of my courses, partly to get them to include elements that everyone seems to like, as well as to come up with something original and fun. And my friends locally all like them, but people online not only don't star them, they frequently don't even bother to complete them. My levels aren't super insanely hard - there are a couple of tricks here, but nothing an average player couldn't figure out in a few tries.

It just seems that there's a lot of impatience in SMM - if someone has to try a level more than twice, they just skip it. I'm basing that off my own stats, where the number of plays is usually roughly 2-3x the number of people who've played it, and the number of clears is extremely low (7% on an easy level?). I think most players are in it to just breeze through the 100-Mario Challenge as fast as possible, and don't necessarily appreciate how making Mario levels has become an art form.

It's actually more depressing than negative feedback to have no feedback at all.

I will check out some of yours this evening as well. I usually give each level 10 deaths before I move on. My link is in my sig if you want to try a few of mine.

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

bassoongoon

Thanks for the support everyone I definitely am not fishing for stars, or trying to imply that my courses are deserving of stars, this is just a trend something I have noticed across the Mario Maker game. I think 2 of my 4 stages might be little unfairly hard (and thus undeserving of stars lol), but I think the other 2 are pretty good. I'll post them here in a little while!

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

Chandlero

I spent the evening to create a quick level to test a new checkpoint element. I will really appreciate if you play my level and tell me about this mechanic. The level is moderate hard, I guess. Of course the level is far from finished and some parts are a little sketchy and and the underground part is missing altogether, yet. I really want to expand the level and create some hard parts in the next days. But it doesn't make sense to create a large and hard level if there are no checkpoints. Therefore everything stands and falls with an efficient checkpoint.

So please tell me if the checkpoint understandable and reasonable. Is the idea even self-explanatory? I am really skeptical...

Edited on by Chandlero

Nanni79

Hi. My levels.

Mario's Quest: Gran Canyon AF5F 0000 0094 DA4A

Mario's Quest: Ice Cave 7609 0000 0096 AD1E

Mario's Quest: Ghost House 8C38 0000 0092 6F25

Super Mario Digger Brick 73C9 0000 0096 B96B

Nanni79

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.