Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 4,852

Mister_Wu

In 200cc you have to use a renewed form of brakedrift that works only in 200cc, so if you brake while drifting you lose speed more slowly than you would if you were braking while not drifting. In 150cc, you always lose speed at the same pace even when drifting, so in little more than a second you are at a standstill. The same happens in 200cc when you brake while not drifting.
I don't know if you get something for winning 200cc cups, I think Mirror Mode is enough to unlock the special ending and the special screens for single player and local multiplayer.
There is no 200cc Time Trials, unfortunately, also the only way to play 200cc online is through Custom races (either regional or worldwide), this also means that you will have bots on them.

Mister_Wu

Shahinshah

I tink there will be a DLC supposrt as well

Shahinshah

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano If Nintendo doesn't care about their Wii U supporters than they truly are doomed as they're the last of their die-hard fans. And despite what corporate propaganda businesses might spew, loyal fans are very important to a company's success as they're far more likely to purchase their future hardware than someone who isn't a fan.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Mister_Wu

Ok, guys, Tetra and Toon Link that were in the other Twitter teaser from NOE are going to be released on Wii U, and this evening there is maintenance of Nintendo Network and eShop together, if there's going to be more MK8 DLC (and at this point I don't think so), we'll probably know in a few days.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

ProjectX1991

Sorry - pretty new to the forum (so hi!) but what is the reason for some thinking MK9 won't happen? I've tried to read back but am struggling to find the beginning of this debate!

ProjectX1991

TheXReturns

@ProjectX1991 The debate was more on whether MK8 would get any DLC. Some think that MK8 will simply get ported across to NX, some think that it won't. We may or may not get MK9, dependent on those. Obviously, that's a gross simplification, but it's mainly all speculation.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Jazzer94

I think its far more likely we'll get MK9 then MK8 remaster.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ProjectX1991

I really wonder how the series can evolve in terms of new experiences. We've had karts, double person karts, bikes, flight, anti-gravity, underwater capabilities and tracks that are counted as sections not laps...they've explored nearly every possibility. Unless there's other gimmicks they can do?

I personally don't think the series needs to rely on "gimmick" elements but some may feel it's weaker without a USP.

A port of MK8 would not be wise in my opinion but a complete battle mode, character roster and race course shake up in MK9 could do just fine without the need for a new gimmick.

ProjectX1991

SquiddKidd

Jazzer94 wrote:

I think its far more likely we'll get MK9 then MK8 remaster.

I would like to see MK8 upped to 1080p

It has the best graphics on Wii U so far IMO. Seriously the graphics are amazing.

SquiddKidd

Dizzy_Boy

I think that in Mario Kart 9, Nintendo needs to ditch having multiple versions of each character on the selection screen. What they should do instead is do something similar to what they've done with yoshi and the shy guys. Where they have the selection box for different colours, Mario, peach and bowser could have something similar for their different suits.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

toxibunny

Bring doubledash back! Motorbikes with sidecars!

toxibunny

Mister_Wu

dizzy_boy wrote:

I think that in Mario Kart 9, Nintendo needs to ditch having multiple versions of each character on the selection screen. What they should do instead is do something similar to what they've done with yoshi and the shy guys. Where they have the selection box for different colours, Mario, peach and bowser could have something similar for their different suits.

Actually, they did that in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, that is developed by Namco Bandai, involved also in Mario Kart 8:

I don't understand why they didn't reuse this good idea...

Mister_Wu

ProjectX1991

I hope we get more brand crossovers with Callie and Marie hopefully making appearances amongst others in MK9. The character roster in MK8 was poor - too many colours and different outfits classed as new characters along with Bowsers' minions...Bowser and Bowser Jr are enough thanks!

ProjectX1991

Mister_Wu

ProjectX1991 wrote:

I hope we get more brand crossovers with Callie and Marie hopefully making appearances amongst others in MK9. The character roster in MK8 was poor - too many colours and different outfits classed as new characters along with Bowsers' minions...Bowser and Bowser Jr are enough thanks!

I'll be honest here: I would rather play with main characters of the Mario universe introduced in 1988 that still weren't playable characters and I happen to like than character from other games (but in MK8 we had both).
I'd rather have Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, King Boo, Diddy Kong and Kamek than Callie, Marie, Link, Isabelle and the Villagers in MK9, too.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Blue_Blur

In addition to wanting more characters in MK9, I hope they also increase the maximum number of highlight reels you can save. Only being able to save 6 in MK8 is way too few, in my opinion. The highlight reels are such a cool feature!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

gcunit

@Blue_Blur You're right in that the highlight reels are an awesome feature, but it would be like any other storage issue - however much space you're given, you'll use it all up and wish you had n times more.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

veeflames

What I want from MK9 is more of MK8 + a Double Dash mode. That would be my game of the year.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Rexcalibr

ProjectX1991 wrote:

The Koopalings were one of my favorite character additions but it was weird that Bowser Jr. didn't make it in the game.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic