Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 2,985

Eel

It's really not as easy as it sounds, making these maps available for the WiiU would involve giving you barren, mostly rewardless, grind fests.

The games are more different that people give them credit for.

Could they have offered something more along with the characters? Of course. The costumes at the very least. But they didn't really to make these characters available to begin with.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

So I finally finished the Koholint map (as in beat Ganon) and it was fun though I prefer the Termina map (going from Wii U experience). Still, maybe I'd have been more attached if I had actually played Link's Awakening.

Hoping that the next DLC comes either 25th August or 1st September and it'll be nice to see which game they base the Adventure map on.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

The koholint map is actually the only one I've 100% so far, so I guess that means I really liked it.

Anyway, it seems the dlc pack was moved to this month, so we may get news pretty soon.

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel Where'd you find out about this month? I was just hoping based on Link's Awakening pack being in June rather than July.

If it is August then the only option is next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

I haven't checked myself, but it seems the dlc shop on the American version of the game lists the months, and all of them were moved one month earlier.

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

I've been making more progress with previous content. Got all the skulltulas in the Great Sea map (the on disc one) and got a few level 3 weapons in Master Quest which helped me complete the hard mode requirement for the Forsaken Fortress Legend mode skulltula. Only 1 to go (Wind/Earth temples) before I unlock one of the reward maps not in the Wii U version.

Grumblevolcano

Dreamliner

I bought this game a couple days ago but have not opened it yet. Watching some videos and walk-throughs and playing the demo in the store it kind of seems like just a button mash game, is there actually a story or is it simply defeating minions, more difficult characters and the occasional boss battle?

Watching through the walk-throughs that's all it seems to be, you just get different maps and have to clear all the areas, seems pretty repetitive. Am I missing something?

Dreamliner

Grumblevolcano

Oh, I didn't know the Twilight and Termina Maps unlocked at the same time in Legends, that's helpful!

@Dreamliner There is a story mode (Legend mode) though the big bulk of the game is adventure maps. The aim of adventure maps is that Ganon is hiding somewhere on the map and you have to find and defeat him where to progress onto the next map square you have to beat a certain level. Seeing as you didn't mention which version you got, I'll mention some key stuff:

1. Wii U (Hyrule Warriors) or 3DS (Hyrule Warriors Legends)?
2. If 3DS, do you own a New 3DS or New 3DS XL?
3. If Wii U, some of Legend mode (a side story of 5 chapters) is locked behind DLC (Master Quest pack) so pick that up if you like the game enough.
4. If you like the game enough, pick up the Hero of Hyrule Pack (contains Master Quest pack and 3 others) if Wii U or Legends of Hyrule Pack if 3DS.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Dreamliner

@Grumblevolcano I bought the Wii-U version. I played the Demo at Target today, which I'm pretty sure is the first stage of the "Legend Mode". It seems like you just run around the areas largely ignoring the minions and taking out baddies with a health meter; clearing areas and defeating area mini-bosses. I got to the end of the first stage where you had to fight the lizard thing and the demo ended. If it's 20+ hours of that, I'll pass.

I browsed some walkthroughs on YouTube and all I saw was playing as various characters and clearing different maps of baddies.

I'm just asking because I've dismissed games quickly in the past and have regretted it later.

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

Undead_terror

Well there is loads of content to be played, but sadly the 3DS version got a lot more content, it may seem repetitive but it is fun unlocking stuff and such, I still got loads to beat and I can expect even more content to come! (got the 3DS version)

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

That's just the first level of Legend mode. Aka the easiest least interesting level in the game.

The rest of the game follows similar structures, but I'd recommend playing or looking around more than just the first level.

If you have a 3DS, I'd recommend checking Hyrule Warriors Legends instead. It's got much more content than the wiiu game for less money, and it's better balanced in terms of difficulty.

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

Meowpheel wrote:

That's just the first level of Legend mode. Aka the easiest least interesting level in the game.

The rest of the game follows similar structures, but I'd recommend playing or looking around more than just the first level.

If you have a New 3DS, I'd recommend checking Hyrule Warriors Legends instead. It's got much more content than the wiiu game for less money, and it's better balanced in terms of difficulty.

Edited for important distinction in bold.

Grumblevolcano

Eel

It doesn't seem to be all that important.

Most new players don't seem to tell the difference... Since for them there's nothing to compare it to.

Though of course, the game is considerably better on the new system. Its just not as bad as people made it to be on the originals.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

faint

@Meowpheel for me it's the controls and the shape of the 3ds itself coupled with an inferior camera that kills it for me. I put at leas 300 hours on the wiiu version and even with the extra content I just don't enjoy this version as much.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Dreamliner

I've got a New 3DS. I'm not interested in the continual purchase of DLC's. The only DLC I've ever purchased for anything is the Mario Kart track packs.

I think I'm best to let this one go.

Dreamliner

Eel

I'm not sure what you mean by continual purchase of dlc.

The 3DS version of this game already comes with all the DLC from the wiiu pre-installed by default, at no extra cost.

And the new dlc, as nice as it has been, is completely optional.

Bloop.

Undead_terror

Welp Toon Zelda turned out to be true, but hey, at least she is basically the Phantom.

Good night sweet prince.
Untitled

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.