Forums

Topic: EA doesn't count Nintendo as next gen

Posts 121 to 140 of 188

ThePirateCaptain

People just need to wait and see what these other consoles can do before saying the Wii U will be left in the dust. The other systems will undoubtedly be somewhat more powerful, but that doesn't mean the difference will be like Wii vs. and HD console.
The rumored specs for the Durango show that it's about 5x more powerful than the current Xbox, not the 10x Microsoft is claiming.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AbeVigoda

CapnPancakes wrote:

People just need to wait and see what these other consoles can do before saying the Wii U will be left in the dust. The other systems will undoubtedly be somewhat more powerful, but that doesn't mean the difference will be like Wii vs. and HD console.
The rumored specs for the Durango show that it's about 5x more powerful than the current Xbox, not the 10x Microsoft is claiming.

And the Wii-U is maybe 1.5x more powerful than the 360....

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

RancidVomit86

SCAR392 wrote:

Unless the next Xbox 360 and PS3 bring their controllers to next gen like Nintendo did, I don't think they will do that well.

You pull any ole reason out your arse to try to say Microsoft and Sony will fail don't you?

I assure there are plenty people just like me that prefer the traditional controller.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

RancidVomit86

CapnPancakes wrote:

Did Microsoft claim 10x? Because from what I have seen Microsoft has been tight lipped about it and has said anything officially.

Just please stop the trashing of other consoles because they don't say Nintendo on them. They all have managed to find their piece of the pie so they must be doing something right. Hard to take any of the points serious when at the root all of its only being said because it isn't badged with the Nintendo name.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Amigaengine

Reminds me of Dreamcast Circa 1999 with statements like this from EA

Amigaengine

EvilLucario

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Unless the next Xbox 360 and PS3 bring their controllers to next gen like Nintendo did, I don't think they will do that well.

You pull any ole reason out your arse to try to say Microsoft and Sony will fail don't you?

I assure there are plenty people just like me that prefer the traditional controller.

Meanwhile, the Pro Controller wastes away in the corner...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Magi

I buy and play games I enjoy. I buy the consoles that allow me to play those games. I really couldn't care less who makes them.

Magi

RancidVomit86

ThatTrueEvil wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Oh you kids these days are delusional if you think MS and Sony are just going to disappear because they didn't release a console with some tablet like controller

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

AbeVigoda

ThatTrueEvil wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

That's because third-party companies can't be bothered spending money to port games to the Wii-U. A traditional controller plays games quite well on a 360 and PS3, doesn't it?

Edited on by AbeVigoda

"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

RancidVomit86

At least honest Abe here gets it

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Kinect and Move should still be relevant to what they plan to do. People planning on 'recycling' their already expensive controllers aren't gonne he too happy, considering mostly everyones b****ing about Wii U price now. I don't want any of the consoles to fail, and saying otherwise is just ignorant. As much as people like to say that their opinion is based on facts, need to realize there aren't facts to back up PS4 and Xbox 1080's next strategy to be a good console overall in the market. I have a PS3 and had an Xbox 360, so so much for me being biased as you claim, like alot of people that argue that make assumptions right off the bat. You should have asked if I have any console other than Nintendo, or what my perspective is for that reasoning.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

As for the pro controller, it can do everything the others do besides motion control in PS3 controllers. We should be complaining about companies like EA, NOT Nintendo. There's a controller there for them to use. There's no excuse to exclude it.

Qwest

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Sony and Microsoft are doom unless they have a HD tablet controller! They have to make it relatively cheap too and still be next gen! Let's see if they can pull it off!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

RancidVomit86

SCAR392 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Kinect and Move should still be relevant to what they plan to do. People planning on 'recycling' their already expensive controllers aren't gonne he too happy, considering mostly everyones b****ing about Wii U price now. I don't want any of the consoles to fail, and saying otherwise is just ignorant. As much as people like to say that their opinion is based on facts, need to realize there aren't facts to back up PS4 and Xbox 1080's next strategy to be a good console overall in the market. I have a PS3 and had an Xbox 360, so so much for me being biased as you claim, like alot of people that argue that make assumptions right off the bat. You should have asked if I have any console other than Nintendo, or what my perspective is for that reasoning.

It's easy over the Internet to say you have others but reading your post you sound straight out like nothing more than Nintendo fanboy. Making just absurd claims why MS and Sony wont do well.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

@RancidVomit86
Nobody has been buying a console based on brand since Playstation One has come out if you haven't noticed. Brand isn't even an argument. I never see these so called fanboys anyone mentions, EVER. I'm guessing you love sports because of your avatar? I don't like sports unless I'm playing them, so I'm a fanboy. Haha.

Qwest

AbeVigoda

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Did Microsoft claim 10x? Because from what I have seen Microsoft has been tight lipped about it and has said anything officially.

Just please stop the trashing of other consoles because they don't say Nintendo on them. They all have managed to find their piece of the pie so they must be doing something right. Hard to take any of the points serious when at the root all of its only being said because it isn't badged with the Nintendo name.

Agreed. I've owned every Nintendo system (other than Virtual Boy, though I almost bought one when it first came out) and at least one version of every handheld since I started playing games in 1988. I've also owned a PS2 and a 360. Only the most delusional of Nintendo fanboys would argue that the Wii-U will end up being only 'slightly' less powerful than the new systems coming out. Though the Wii-U isn't ugly at all, what we will see on the 'true' next-gen consoles will blow it out of the water. The PS4 and 720 will be significantly more powerful and draw more attention from developers, but there is still room for Nintendo to impress people too.

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

It's easy over the Internet to say you have others but reading your post you sound straight out like nothing more than Nintendo fanboy. Making just absurd claims why MS and Sony wont do well.

Your argument doesn't even make sense. Basically everyone has had access to another console whether it be a demo, or knowing someone who has had it. Whether you think I have another console after stating I do is up to you. Crysis 3 has a beta on the store right now, and Street Fighter 4 Arcade was last week's PS Plus freebie. Believe me now?

Qwest

RancidVomit86

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86
Nobody has been buying a console based on brand since Playstation One has come out if you haven't noticed. Brand isn't even an argument. I never see these so called fanboys anyone mentions, EVER. I'm guessing you love sports because of your avatar? I don't like sports unless I'm playing them, so I'm a fanboy. Haha.

What planet you living on? I see plenty of people all over the net with brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is stupid but it is alive and well.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

AbeVigoda wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Agreed. I've owned every Nintendo system (other than Virtual Boy, though I almost bought one when it first came out) and at least one version of every handheld since I started playing games in 1988. I've also owned a PS2 and a 360. Only the most delusional of Nintendo fanboys would argue that the Wii-U will end up being only 'slightly' less powerful than the new systems coming out. Though the Wii-U isn't ugly at all, what we will see on the 'true' next-gen consoles will blow it out of the water. The PS4 and 720 will be significantly more powerful and draw more attention from developers, but there is still room for Nintendo to impress people too.

You got it mixed up guy. Everyone's saying more powerful than what's out now 'slightly', not what's to come. Everyone already knows the next PS/Xbox will be powerhouses, because that's what they do. I plan on getting at least one of those consoles when they come out, even though I assume it will be alot more expensive. Regardless, each console will have something to show.

Qwest

RancidVomit86

Damn are you an aspiring politician? Cause this flip-flopping is wild.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.