Forums

Topic: Child of Light -- Ubisoft Platform RPG

Posts 121 to 140 of 185

Jampie

Spuratis wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Got to the Tree of torns and the Golem DLC activated.

What do you mean by Golem DLC? There's DLC? O_o

I've just entered the Tree of Thorns and that's where I decided to turn it off. I'm also playing the game on hard because normal wasn't enough of a challenge. I'm really glad they included hard mode from the start. The first boss(es) actually killed me once, which is a good thing. Making me actually need to think out a strategy is always nice.

He has the PS4 version. If you pre-ordered for the PS3/PS4, you got a golem DLC and if you pre-ordered for the PC, you got some Aurora skin and some other stuff I think.

Edited on by Jampie

MiiverseBackloggeryColors! Gallery
Peach Pink 2DS FC: 3110 - 6005 - 7552 // NNID: Emilyssa
AC:NL Dream Address: 5...

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0320-5871 | Nintendo Network ID: Jampie | Twitter:

shingi_70

The Auoura skins are DLC on the ps4. That and some gem packs.

When I got to the tree of thorned there was rock head that you could talk to activate the golem.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Dreamz

I couldn't see myself ever using the alternate appearances, even if I had access to them - her default look is very iconic.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

kkslider5552000

My main worry with this game was that it would take itself too seriously, but then the cute firefly got offended at Aurora mentioning his butt (I'm not sure he has one?) and I chuckled.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jariw

It's available on the EU eShop as well now (although the main page still maps to the trailer video). Just downloaded it. A too good price to skip.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

sub12

Picked this up on the PS4.......I'm a bit disappointed, don't get me wrong, the presentation and atmosphere are amazing, and Ubi deserves credit for creating something that most big developers would not be interested in devoting resources to,.....but I just didn't find the gameplay all that engaging.

With that said, I can see how someone would totally dig this title.

sub12

Spoony_Tech

I've been playing it on hard but can see why normal might be far to easy. Still haven't died once but there is definitely a challenge there!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kendallcooper

I'm loving this game so far...very different from what I'm used to playing. If you want more 3rd party games for wiiu then show some support for the developers that are giving us some decent titles by buying this game. It's well worth 15 bucks in my opinion.

Nintendo ID: kendallcooper

erv

I have to add my appreciation. This game is a brilliant piece of art. It plays great, has depth, style, lots of atmosphere - great stuff.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

The_Ninja

I might buy it.. on PS3 tho, cause I don't have a Wii U, sadly. I feel like the Wii U version is the best because of the GamePad. And who cares if it's 720p, instead of 1080p? I'm not saying this to defend Nintendo, but sometimes 720p DOES look better than 1080p, even though it's not.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

jariw

I got both "Child of Light" and "Stick it to the Man" during the last few days. Although "Child of Light" is getting all the hype regarding art design, I would say "Stick it to the Man" goes further in both art design innovation (where "Child of Light" goes for beauty, "Stick it to the Man" goes for craziness) and GamePad integration. For half the price. Child of Light seems to go a bit deeper though. Both are great!

Btw, is it possible to get a map on the GamePad in Child of Light? All I get is a duplicate of the TV screen.

jariw

Dreamz

jariw wrote:

I got both "Child of Light" and "Stick it to the Man" during the last few days. Although "Child of Light" is getting all the hype regarding art design, I would say "Stick it to the Man" goes further in both art design innovation (where "Child of Light" goes for beauty, "Stick it to the Man" goes for craziness) and GamePad integration. For half the price. Child of Light seems to go a bit deeper though. Both are great!

Btw, is it possible to get a map on the GamePad in Child of Light? All I get is a duplicate of the TV screen.

There is no map. The only map in the game is used to quick travel between areas.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

mamp

Anyone know if there's a level cap? I wanna try and get all the skills but I'm wondering if I'll be able to or if I'm just supposed to go off one of the 3 paths on the skill tree.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

SCRAPPER392

I think I'm near the end of the game.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

GerudoKing

Downloading this now. Took me a couple days to decide if I wanted to pull the trigger or not, but I really couldn't resist anymore. Only problem now is my terrible internet connection. This is taking forever!

GerudoKing

kkslider5552000

I initially dismissed(?) this as a platformer, because it's clearly an RPG (...and it still is) but I honestly wasn't expecting as much platformer logic as I have. Maybe I should have with Rayman Legends and all, I mean flying through some of these areas to get powerups is basically a slow version of certain windy areas of Legends (thinking maybe both were inspired by Bramble Blast + Dixie Kong)..

Also I am pretty glad I started over with the harder difficulty before I got too far, it's way better this way.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

I also think some of the platforming reminds me of Rayman and yes hard mode ftw!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

unrandomsam

Does it mandate the use of Uplay ? (Cannot believe Nintendo let them put anything to do with that rubbish on the Wii U).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Spoony_Tech

No it doesn't. I answered that on the review of it to you. It didn't even ask me when I started the game. It does save your accomplishments for it if you decide to sign up. I didn't sign up till I started playing AC4 a couple days ago. Don't see why you have a problem with it as it's not mandatory to use to play the games. It's there for those that like that sort of thing that Nintendo doesn't provide.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.