Forums

Topic: Annual Call of Duty 2015 for the Wii U?

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

crimsoncavalier

midnafanboy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Who would actually buy the game if it did come to the Wiiu?

There have to be some people out there who would get it. Like I said, some people only own a Wii U, but still wish they could play those games. Even if it isn't everyone that owns the system, like the PS4/XBO crowd, but out of 9 million, there have to be at least some.

Yeah but compared to the millions Treyarch makes,that's some is not enough.So i no one can blame them for not making COD games for the Wiiu.

It's hard for me to argue. I do understand why they don't release them on Wii U. All of those games. I mean, we can start the old debate: which came first: "crappy ports or poor 3rd party support?" but we don't need to fill another thread with that beaten horse. I will say that I get it, and understand it.

On the other hand, it's hard to not say "Well, then include all the DLCm map packs, etc. that everyone else gets." Of course no one is going to get the Wii U version over the others if you leave out content.

But again, it's back to the old debate.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Spoony_Tech

@crimsoncavalier I don't consider dlc as leaving out content.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

skywake

TBH I've never understood why CoD ever needed to be annualised. For Assassin's Creed it makes sense because the game is story driven and they put you in a difference place/time every new release. Even for Pokemon it makes sense because they alternate between remakes and original releases and are always adding new Pokemon. For CoD it's largely a multiplayer game so basically you get the same thing with new maps.

I'm clearly not the target market though I feel the same way about Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Those games are great but I would likely skip a fair number of them if they were annualised. I mean imagine if instead of the Mario Kart 8 DLC they were instead releasing Mario Kart 9 this year which was full price and literally the same thing but with new courses.... and then every year after that. Bugger that. I think the "once a generation" model is better for all involved and in the long run probably also better for the industry in general.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Taceus

skywake wrote:

I think the "once a generation" model is better for all involved and in the long run probably also better for the industry in general.

THIS. Couldn't agree more.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Sisilly_G

During the Wii's lifespan, we only really missed out on Modern Warfare 2 (while virtually every other CoD game was released on the platform), so there is a precedent of Activision skipping Nintendo hardware, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the next CoD game show on Nintendo consoles (though I would expect it to lack DLC, and I certainly wouldn't expect it to take advantage of any of the Wii U's unique capabilities).

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that they haven't yet bothered to make a 3DS version of ANY of the CoD games so far considering that there were at least 5 for the DS.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Spoony_Tech

Give it up people, they're not coming back and why should they. Using the Wii as an argument doesn't work here as by this time in sales it had about 40 million units sold. When you jump ship like just about every 3rd party has done (at least with M rated franchises) you don't just jump back on board. This ship is still sinking and only the Captian is going down with it. Why would they lose money to port to the Wii U? Also someone said they will probably discontinue support for PS360 soon so there's the nail.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Give it up people, they're not coming back and why should they. Using the Wii as an argument doesn't work here as by this time in sales it had about 40 million units sold. When you jump ship like just about every 3rd party has done (at least with M rated franchises) you don't just jump back on board. This ship is still sinking and only the Captian is going down with it. Why would they lose money to port to the Wii U? Also someone said they will probably discontinue support for PS360 soon so there's the nail.

I really want to see them stop supporting the PS3 and Xbox 360,it's free money!Why would anyone do that?Especially EA

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

crimsoncavalier

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@crimsoncavalier I don't consider dlc as leaving out content.

Well it is, if XB and PS get DLC and Wii doesn't. Especially if that DLC prevents you from playing online, such as is the DLC in Call of Duty games (as in, you can't join a game if you don't have the latest DLC installed). But even if I'm not talking about DLC, they leave out content all the time.

Remember World at War? I played it on Wii, but little did I know I wasn't getting all of the maps and the game modes, and I wasn't going to get the map packs. I was outraged, and I stopped playing CoD. Chalk it up to being weaker, having restricted online options, what have you, but it was still missing content, and I still paid the same amount of dollars that the people playing on 360 or PS3 did.

crimsoncavalier

Bread-Not-Toast

I have a feeling COD will skip Nintendo consoles from now on, we sttill haven't seen one of 3DS, a FPS game is what the 3DS is sorely lacking.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

MsJubilee

Not-Another-Ad wrote:

I have a feeling COD will skip Nintendo consoles from now on, we sttill haven't seen one of 3DS, a FPS game is what the 3DS is sorely lacking.

They might come back,but not for the Wiiu though but i do wonder will third parties like this take another chance on a new Nintendo's console?I think no.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

nathanjones007

I think i have a formula for 3rd parties and Nintendo that can improve relations with themselves and customers.

1. 3rd party Please Stop saying inflammitory comments about the Wii U, Nintendo consoles for Nintendo customers. Trust me it does not help! You guys have "poisoned the well" and set relations with Nintendo gamers for many years! Please keep your PR in check! Im am especially speaking to you UBI and EA!!!
2.If 3rd party companies plan to release games on the Wii U or the next gen please sale Nintendo version of these games for cheaper especially if they lack DLC or if it watered down.
3. Nintendo Please communicate better with 3rd party compaines with the next gen so it will be easier from them to produce game for the next system. Also have a joint advertising campaign with these companies to promote these games!
4. Nintendo fans(this is my opinion) Buy some 3rd party games this year NEW(even if they are for sale/ bargain bin) and send a strong signal to 3rd party that there is business to be had with nintendo fans! I plan to buy Bayonetta 2, Splatoon, Devils 3rd, xenoblade/X and at least 1 of the two new lego games.

Edited on by nathanjones007

nathanjones007

arojilla

I don't care. It could be good for the Wii U, but I think it's too late.

I have a Wii U (and a 3DS) just to play: 1) Nintendo games; 2) exclusive 3rd party games; and 3) 3rd party games released on other platforms BUT that make good exclusive use of Nintendo's unique hardware. For anything else, there's the PC. Or just don't care. Like with CoD.

arojilla

Gerald

I think Nintendo will have to fund 3rd Parties to make games on Nintendo platforms, it the 3rd Party thinks the business model isn't there. That's a good thing if there is less buggy unoptimized games. Maybe Club Nintendo (or whatever replaces it) should to 'kick starter' type of thing to understand which games Ninty users would pay for

Edited on by Gerald

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

dumedum

crimsoncavalier wrote:

and I still paid the same amount of dollars that the people playing on 360 or PS3 did.

I don't think you did. Wii games were cheaper.
I agree that there is a good chance Wii U will get more COD's, especially by Treyarch. Not really looking forward for that but Activision will probably bring COD back to the Wii U at some point, as it sells reasonably well. It's easy money most of the time. A (N)3DS version is also a good idea.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

crimsoncavalier

dumedum wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

and I still paid the same amount of dollars that the people playing on 360 or PS3 did.

I don't think you did. Wii games were cheaper.

You might be right. I don't actually remember how much games cost back then, but I don't think my point is any less valid. I did still pay full (Wii) price for a half-finished game.

crimsoncavalier

bluemage1989

I still think this could happen I'm not sayingit wwould be anything other than a simple port and they would have to certainly be doing it out of the goodness of there hearts rather than to make a fortune but anything is possible splatoon is going to be awesome but I also love military shooters. You never know maybe a smaller third party will take a chance on releasing an exclusive to take advantage of the kacknof competition on the WiiU??

bluemage1989

MsJubilee

bluemage1989 wrote:

I still think this could happen I'm not saying it would be anything other than a simple port and they would have to certainly be doing it out of the goodness of there hearts rather than to make a fortune but anything is possible splatoon is going to be awesome but I also love military shooters. You never know maybe a smaller third party will take a chance on releasing an exclusive to take advantage of the kacknof competition on the WiiU??

That would be nice but i would not want to see a small third party dev being disappointed with the poor sales of there game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.