Forums

Topic: 2015 Black Friday Sale

Posts 1 to 20 of 44

foodmetaphors

Full list of games on sale:

http://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/

So what's everyone planning to get? I still need to go convert some speedy rewards points to eShop moneys and browse it more (ugh work soon!), but so far I'm going to get:

Wii U:
Teslagrad
Adventures of Pip
Never Alone
Pushmo World (been eyeing that for a while!)

3DS:
BoxBoy!

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

VelvetElvis

As expected, the deals for retail downloads are lame, but there's some good stuff in there for eShop-only titles.

I'm also in for Never Alone and Pushmo World (I've never played a Pushmo/Crashmo, so it's about time). Interested in BoxBoy!, but it's only $1.50 off, so I'll probably wait. Also toying with the idea of Inazuma Eleven, but I probably don't need another long game in my back catalog right now.

VelvetElvis

DefHalan

There are a few I would want but none I will probably actually get, money is a little tight during this whole job switch time lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Xyphon22

Somewhat on topic, does anybody know anything about the retail release of Teslagrad in NA? Did it ever come out or have a release date? I would probably rather get it physical, but I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

cwong15

Metroid Fusion, Kirby and Alphadia Genesis are on my shortlist. I don't think this is the full list of sales. The Thursday downloads story last week mentioned that the Snoopy game was also going on sale, for example. I'll hold onto my wallet until I get a look at the full extent of sales.

I wonder if Pikmin 3 is worth getting. It's selling for ridiculous amounts on ebay, whether new (about $70) or used (about $50). $37.99 is not that cheap, but better than retail or ebay.

Edited on by cwong15

cwong15

VelvetElvis

@TomJ: That is a good decision.

@Xyphon22: Here's an update on that from a Teslagrad dev, from about two months ago. The answer is basically, "it's still coming, but we don't know when."

@cwong15: I'd love to read some impressions of Alphadia Genesis if you take the plunge. Virtually all the press it's gotten has been mediocre to bad, but something about an unabashedly old-school JRPG appeals to me. Maybe it's just been a while.

Pikmin 3 is worth every penny of $37.99, in my estimation. It's one of the most outright charming and well-designed games Nintendo has produced this generation — if you enjoyed the first two, I'd recommend it.

VelvetElvis

LzWinky

I might get Rune Factory 4 again. I loved that one

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cwong15

There are more sales besides that official list. Snoopy's Grand Adventure and Transformers are also 50% off: $19.99 vs $39.99. Spider-Man games at $19.99 and $14.99 vs $49.99 and $39.99 respectively. Spongebob, Zumba at 75% off. Stone Shire a steal at $1 vs $7.99. Finn & Jake Investigations is 25% off at $29.99 vs $39.99. I don't get why people are grumbling about sales, there's a lot for everyone. My wallet will certainly take a beating this season.

My short list is out the window as I have to reprioritize.

cwong15

foodmetaphors

Freeon-Leon wrote:

@foodmetaphors: Adventures of Pip is pretty meh. The music is fantastic but the gameplay and level design are very forgettable.

Thanks for the tip, I'll make it a lower priority than the rest of the games tho I do have like $60 in eShop moneys to spend so I may get it regardless

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

TheActualGold

For those in the US, BestBuy is selling eShop cards tomorrow for 15% off. If you think about it, it's extra savings!

I Am Me.

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3691-2026 | Nintendo Network ID: TheActualGold

LzWinky

TheActualGold wrote:

For those in the US, BestBuy is selling eShop cards tomorrow for 15% off. If you think about it, it's extra savings!

Oh GDI, now I have to go there >:[

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MrRaven1972

I grabbed Kirby Return to Dreamland and Wonderful 101. So happy with those purchases.
While it is far slimmer offerings than I expected, there are some good games there.

More than anything, I am mostly disappointed in how bad the releases are in the eShop today. I expected more.

MrRaven1972

LaVelle

... meanwhile in Europe

LaVelle

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

There are a few I would want but none I will probably actually get, money is a little tight during this whole job switch time lol

Might be able to squeeze some money out. I don't know if I should get Kirby for Wii or not

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

The EU eshop sales are worse. Friday only contains 40% off:

• The Wonderful 101
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Puzzle & Dragons (Z + SMB edition)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

riChchestM

Isn't £29.99 for SM3dW Wii U a good price though? I don't think it's ever been cheaper.
Puzzle Dragons is tempting because I play that so much on my iPad. But then again, I already play that so much on my iPad.

riChchestM

Nintendo Network ID: riChchestM | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@riChchestM: By worse, I was solely referring to the quantity of games on sale. 4 is rather bad in comparison NA, though the quality of the sale is great, I'd strongly recommend W101 for the sale price.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.