Forums

Topic: What is your one most overrated and one most underrated games you've ever played?

Posts 221 to 232 of 232

Themagusx1

@Wavey84 I will be honest I do prefer Dreamland and Dreamland 2 over Adventure. You are right about the floating mechanic, but I feel I like the more straightforward approach of the original game over Adventure.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Thank You for saying this. I have had many arguments with people saying there is No Main Canracter in FFVI, but it is very clearly Terra/Tina.

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Wavey84 I disagree about 2 with ya, but as for the first one, I think the i lockable hard mode makes that game,

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Wavey84 Oh no doubt, and was it no the same with Kirby Star Allies a few years back until some free dlc came out?

Themagusx1

Themagusx1

@Wavey84 oh that is a big red flag, I was thinking of getting it but you are right 30 FPS is not good for a paltformer.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 FF VI certainly focused on other characters as well, but the overall story focuses on Terra IMO. She is central to a lot of what happens before and during the game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

FX102A

Underrated: Mana Khemia (PS2)

The game looked so simple with simple sprite graphics and such but beneath all that I found a really enjoyable battle system, fun characters, interesting questing and gameplay progress and fun item creation. Pity the sequel wasn’t as good.

Overrated: Last of Us (PS3)

Boring, frustrating, uninspiring, depressing (and they say the sequel is even more!) and 2 main characters where one was a mopey dullard and the other one a foul-mouthed irritant that I wanted to repeatedly use a brick to repurpose her brains into hamburger meat.

FX102A

Ralizah

@FX102A lol TLoU2 is vastly more depressing.

It was always got me when people talked about how "good" the story in TLoU was. Like... maybe if it's the first ever piece of apocalyptic fiction you've encountered. It was pretty aggressively average on the narrative front, IMO.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Octane_st1m

Underrated: Mega Man Legends - I thought of this game today and there wasn't really a review that says it isn't good but I think that back then this game didn't really get the love it deserved. That is partly due to Mario 64 getting all the attention and as somebody who didn't have an N64, this provided an alternative that ended up as one of my favorite games on the PS1.

Overrated: Kentucky Route Zero - This is a game and story that many consider to be one of the greatest point and click adventures of all time. Highly rated in Metacritic and Steam. Sadly it didn't click with me and I can't even get myself to finishing it. I don't mind reading a lot and its weirdness/art style but I didn't expect to regret buying this game so much. Its not that I am not interested in the heavy topics that revolve around this game either. I just don't think it deserves the praise it has gotten.

Octane_st1m

FX102A

@Ralizah All the more reason I have no intention of ever playing it or even watching a Let’s Play.

Besides, I like to imagine we sliced her head open on the operating table, harvested the brain and made the cure, dumped the body in the nearest garbage can and got on saving the world whilst agreeing that at least she was at least of some value to the human race in the end.

FX102A

thriftyarek888

Underrated: pokemon unite

Overated: Destiny

My Nintendo Switch friends code: SW-2605-4021-6923

Fun art, music, hot women, fast cars and more - check my insta: www.instagram.com/thriftyarek888 Thanks

My websites: Smartfit888 everyday good exercises. Epicfirsts888 raw & fun unedited news from around the world

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9727-6479

diwdiws

Underrated: no mans sky
Overrated: BOTW

diwdiws

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic