Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 302

UrielLink

@Zuljaras yeah the shaking sounds like a drag so hopefully that fixes the issue. Good luck!

Edited on by UrielLink

UrielLink

Switch Friend Code: SW-6649-9903-1196 | My Nintendo: Uriel Link

1UP_MARIO

@Slowdive thanks. Enjoyed that

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

@Slowdive appreciate the video. One to watch later

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Zuljaras

@UrielLink Finally! This is the last converter I buy for the N64!

Untitled

No shakes and the quality of the picture is actually not that bad on a 4K TV. Yes it is upscaled but still playable!

S-Video support as well as AV.
So if anyone don't want to be like me and buy 4-5 converters before getting the one without problems buy this one!

I only need to check if it is ok with USA consoles!

Edited on by Zuljaras

UrielLink

@Zuljaras I looked into this with US users and they were able to use it just fine.

UrielLink

Switch Friend Code: SW-6649-9903-1196 | My Nintendo: Uriel Link

Arbor

Zuljaras wrote:

@UrielLink Finally! This is the last converter I buy for the N64!

Untitled

No shakes and the quality of the picture is actually not that bad on a 4K TV. Yes it is upscaled but still playable!

S-Video support as well as AV.
So if anyone don't want to be like me and buy 4-5 converters before getting the one without problems buy this one!

I only need to check if it is ok with USA consoles!

So you can use this on a 4k tv? I have a cheap converter off Amazon, but apparently my ten year old TV is too "modern" for it. It only works on some teeny tiny old TV I have that's like the size of a computer monitor. Would love to be able to play my N64 on my actual TV, I know the graphics are so outdated but it's the nostalgia right?

Arbor

Zuljaras

@Arbor Yes I use this on a 4K TV. The graphics are not great but it is totally playable! Yes the nostalgia is the main thing here

Also the S-Video cable is so much better than AV only.

ThanosReXXX

@Arbor That box/converter that @Zuljaras showed you, is a perfectly fine option. There's a lot of those converters out there on Amazon and similar sites. Personally, I've come to trust the brand GANA, for converters for older consoles:
https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Suppo...

But, if you rather have a more direct plug & play option, then here's an alternative, in case you're interested:
https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-HDTV-Cable-GameCube-N64-Super...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Oswinner

Love my N64. Had it since Christmas 1997, when I was 11 years old.

Been feeling all nostalgic and going through my n64 and trying to put them in order of rank. What are people’s favourite Nintendo 64 games? You can write a top-10 list or just generally write about one or two games you love (or hate). Here’s mine;

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Perfect Dark
Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
Goldeneye
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis
Super Smash Bros
F-Zero X
Jet Force Gemini
Mario Party
Mario Golf
WWF No Mercy
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer
Pokemon Stadium
ISS 98
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
ISS 2000
Excitebike 64

Ps..I’ve been thinking of selling it recently. How much do you think I’ll get for this 23-game collection? No game boxes as I binned them in a house move 5 years or so ago. Which is a bit silly really in hindsight. Actually, it’s only 20-games now as I seem to have lost Mario Golf, Mario Kart and 007 Goldeneye. Must have left them at a party somewhere.

Oswinner

gcunit

@Oswinner Conker's is the most valuable cart there, then Banjo-Tooie and then probably Smash, going by recent experience. You may be better off selling those two individually. I'm not inclined to estimate total value because a lot depends on the condition of the individual items.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@Oswinner with No Mercy there's two versions, there's the first print which has blood in it but a game breaking bug which deletes your save data and the second print version which fixes the bug but takes away the blood. I suspect the two versions have different values to them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Oswinner

@gcunit cheers for the reply. Surprised they are still sought after considering Rare Replay released on the Xbox.

@jump pretty sure I’ve got the no glitch cart. I remember having the glitch originally when it wiped all my data and then trading it in for the glitch-free cart. However, I’m sure there is still blood in the game.

Oswinner

jump

@Oswinner It might be a country to country thing then as the pal versions got rid of the blood with the non-glitch versions for some weird reason.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

gcunit

@Oswinner Yeh, Conker's and Tooie are both games I would normally insist in having in my collection, but (a) I never played either during the N64 era so don't have an attachment to them, and so (b) them being on Rare Replay is enough for me, in light of the recent price inflation that classic games have experienced.

But there are definitely plenty of bigger spenders than me around. A few months ago, Paper Mario 64 was available for around £150; after mulling it over for a few weeks I decided I was prepared to pay that and then draw a line under my N64 collecting, but a decent condition copy I was watching a couple of weeks ago seemingly sold for £300. When things inflate that much that quickly my alarm bells ring. If the price never comes down again then I can live without it.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jedgamesguy

Not the first nor will I be the last but the game design mechanics of 3D N64 games is the only thing that has aged well, and has been extrapolated into modern game development. The graphics, camera system, and the controls have been improved by every other maker of 3D games.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Oswinner

@TheJGG I should hope so, it’s been 20 years.

But give me Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask over Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild anytime.

Also, the 3D platform genre is lacking these days. Mario 64, DK 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day. Bloody love these games still. Seriously, Rare Replay on the Switch will be me saying goodbye to the 64 I should imagine.

Oswinner

Zeldafan79

Who remembers going to blockbuster or what ever rental place of your choice and saying....Yo where da N64 games at dude? The first couple years it was like, Did they make any new games yet? How bout now? Now? UGH what is taking so long!? Then Ocarina of time finally released and I was finally down with the N64!

I'm just saying it took a while to warm up to this system. The library was really limited and if it wasn't made by Nintendo or Rare odds are you didn't play it.

So what are your favorite N64 games not made by Nintendo or Rare? One i loved was mischief makers! I loved the voltron like boss robot thing at the end! Shake Shake Shake!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

THUNDERM00SE

@Zeldafan79
I love the Star Wars titles like Rogue Squadron, Racer and even Shadows Of The Empire. Aside from that Waverace has got some nice gameplay and you gotta love Gex!

My most fond memories go back to playing Diddy Kong Racing at my friends house before I even got the N64. I remember lining up against eachother plane vs hoovercraft(or plane) , completely ignoring the race itself, going the wrong way to make it last and shooting at eachother (camping and all) after collecting balloons.

Two years later I got one myself with Pokemon Snap in transparant orange and still have it today. Still looking for a nice complete version of DKR

And yes here in the Netherlands we had the same thing with N64 games at our equivalent of Blockbuster. Nintendo's been the odd one out until the release of the Wii

Edited on by THUNDERM00SE

HowLongToBeat: THUNDERM00SE

-Handheld collector-

Nintendo/retro gaming/film/popculture YouTube channel 'Thunderm00se' coming up!

www.soundcloud.com/dennisvansomeren

Switch Friend Code: SW-3433-0274-3045 | My Nintendo: Denman88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic