Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 301

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Looks to be in pretty good condition. Don't know how much you're willing to spend on games and such, and if you're a fan of original games or not, but you could also invest in an Everdrive cartridge, which uses an SD card to load games into the N64's memory, and then plays them like they're on a cartridge.

But, if you only want to play original games, then I'd say that just about any (if not all) games made by Rare are a safe bet for getting good games, and far as I'm concerned, the following games are also all pretty good:

• Legend of Zelda - The Ocarina of Time
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Mario Tennis
  • Mario Golf
  • Paper Mario
  • Yoshi's Story
  • F-Zero X
  • Star Fox
  • Wave Race 64
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Pilotwings 64
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Iggy's Reckin' Balls
  • Mischief Makers
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Pokemon Puzzle League
  • Ridge Racer 64
  • Top Gear Rally 2
  • World Driver Championship
  • Wipeout 64
  • Hybrid Heaven
  • Beetle Adventure Racing
  • San Francisco Rush 2049
  • Snowboard Kids

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

Let me add the bomberman and goemon games to that list.

...speaking of which has anybody seen a legit copy of Bomerman 64: second attack in the wild? It is the only game in the N64 series that I am missing.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama You could always give LukieGames a try. They usually have quite a few titles in stock, and if not, you can always get notified if they do, or you could give them a call/send them an e-mail.

Of late, I'm advertising this site quite a bit here and there, but that's also because besides Amazon, it's the only American site that I've actually made use of and am content with, so I've no issues with recommending them to someone else.

EDIT:
Whoops... just checked the price for that particular Bomberman game... Wow... Must be quite a rare game, from the looks of that price tag.
But it's not even in stock, so there goes that option. Back to eBay with you, then...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@RedderRugfish aww that sucks. Yeah Aside from blockbuster as a child I've never seen that one. I comb retro stores constantly to no avail. It is the last of the games I want for my N64 collection.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NikBoToon

Look, I tell you what. Would it be really nice if we let Nintendo decide to release an N64 Classic Mini this year or next year?

Old school games, retro games, Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, you name it! 😉👍

NikBoToon

I wonder if there's gonna be 30 games on N64 mini?

1UP_MARIO

I wonder all the time

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

BougieBeetle

Speaking of Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, there was a pretty good run of it at SGDQ recently. I didn't realize the game was so rare before the run, although I've certainly never played it. I rented B64 back in the day though.

Anyone played Bomberman Hero? I took a crack at it some years back and found it pretty enjoyable, although I didn't get too far and I've since heard loathing for it in the community.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

NikBoToon

Now, how about if Nintendo could release an N64 Classic Edition with 30 games this year for Christmas? I bet if it's up to Nintendo then that would be great. Maybe it would be released in September, October, November, December, or early 2020. But we will see about it, won't we? Because we are all retro gaming fans wanting to have this mini N64 console so that we can play games from our childhood again and again.

Ryu_Niiyama

BougieBeetle wrote:

Speaking of Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, there was a pretty good run of it at SGDQ recently. I didn't realize the game was so rare before the run, although I've certainly never played it. I rented B64 back in the day though.

Anyone played Bomberman Hero? I took a crack at it some years back and found it pretty enjoyable, although I didn't get too far and I've since heard loathing for it in the community.

SGDQ? I enjoyed Hero, but prefer bomberman 64 and second attack... (If i can find it and not pay a kidney).

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

BougieBeetle

@Ryu_Niiyama Summer Games Done Quick, the charity speedrun marathon. You can find the old streams on twitch and reuploads on Youtube, if you're so inclined. They had a lot of really entertaining runs this year, of which B642 was one.

@RedderRugfish, ah, yeah that explains it! I didn't even clock the lack of multiplayer since I only touched it briefly. The main thing that registered for me was that you could actually jump (in a Bomberman game! What a concept!).

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Zuljaras

Just got that and tried my console!
Untitled
It play nice and everything is working.
Saves and plays good! Now I only need the HDMI converter

fhu7

In the mid-90's I was totally obsessed with "007 GOLDENEYE" on N64... That game has stayed with me for all my life so recently I decided to make a short documentary on the surprising history of the game... Hope y'all like it!

fhu7

carlos82

@Zuljaras a bit of a late reply but did you enjoy the game? I really enjoyed this game back then and it's still one of my favourites on the console. I've just picked up Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, only the cartridge but just £20 which is a bit of a bargain

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Zuljaras

@carlos82 I have not played it that much because of huge backlog, new games etc. BUT I have played it.

It is really difficult with the controls because the N64 controller is nothing like I have ever played with. But the atmosphere of the game is just amazing. It is exclusive and my 64 is worth it just for that one game.

carlos82

@Zuljaras yeah I love the atmosphere of that game, the one I mentioned above is basically a remake with a couple of extra characters and a new stage plus some other tweaks.

As for the controller Retro Bit do make new ones which are a bit more conventional and have more reliable analogue sticks https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Bit-Tribute-64-Nintendo-Ocean/...

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

UrielLink

@Zuljaras thats definitely the best way to play Castlevania 64.

UrielLink

Switch Friend Code: SW-6649-9903-1196 | My Nintendo: Uriel Link

Zuljaras

@UrielLink I am waiting a couple of av-s to hdmi convertors because the ones I have are not good enough.

I have either shaking image or static images shake on movement.

Once I get a nice converter I will play the game from start to finish as it is one of the Castlevanias I have never experienced

UrielLink

@Zuljaras yeah unfortunately there's alot of bad ones out there. Good stuff can get pricey.

UrielLink

Switch Friend Code: SW-6649-9903-1196 | My Nintendo: Uriel Link

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic