Forums

Topic: The GameBoy Advance Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 201

c0op3r

I rebuilt my Gameboy Advanced SP with a new Shell that glows in the dark, IPS Screen and USB-C charging port. I also added a sticking inside the case of an Atom as I just thought it was cool.

It is so much nicer to use with the new screen.

Photos here: http://www.c0op3r.com/images/Gameboy%20Advanced/

c0op3r

Ninfan

@c0op3r have you a picture of it glowing in the dark !💡

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

c0op3r

@Ninfan Sure I uploaded it to the same folder so look again

c0op3r

Ninfan

@c0op3r Have you got a picture in the dark from a distance !

Ninfan

thriftyarek888

Completed onimusha tactics and its cool!

My Nintendo Switch friends code: SW-2605-4021-6923

Fun art, music, hot women, fast cars and more - check my insta: www.instagram.com/thriftyarek888 Thanks

My websites: Smartfit888 everyday good exercises. Epicfirsts888 raw & fun unedited news from around the world

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9727-6479

c0op3r

I finally got all the parts together to build my Boxy Pixel GameBoy Advanced SP Unhinged.

It is a billet aluminum kit shell with aluminum buttons and the FunnyPlaying IPS screen.

I did go for the bigger battery upgrade, USB-C charging port and the headphone jack. It turned out really nice.

http://www.c0op3r.com/images/Gameboy%20Advanced/

Edited on by c0op3r

c0op3r

Atomic77

I don't have a GBA anymore but back in the day GBA was so awesome. It's been so long but I believe mine was glacier colored and I also had a SP. I was a big fan of all the portables.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Ninfan

Ninja cop for GBA goes for £400 europe version and £700 USA version. My god is that alot to pay for a small cartridge.👎

Ninfan

JuveLeo

Just started replaying FireRed and oh the nostalgia! I love it and have missed it. I might play some other Advance classics once I'm done Pokemon. The Dragon Ball Z games were fun.

NNID - figo77ronaldo
3DS Friend code 5473-0852-7592
SW 8548-4896-1093

SnackPop

I hope you guys held onto your GBA games and consoles. They're so ridiculously expensive on the secondhand market nowadays.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

Ninfan

@SnackPop can not wait for advance wars as well. But do you remember them on GBA, did the computer start cheating when I started beating it, or was I imagining it.😵

Ninfan

Phanstar

@DTMOF84 I know I am late to the party, but how was Mario Golf?

Phanstar

Phanstar

I recently got a GBA SP for my birthday. I still had my games just no GBA. Mostly just to test it out I put in Final Fantasy 5 Advance and got hooked. Now I am replaying it again. What a great little system. I really do love it.

Phanstar

SnackPop

Ninfan wrote:

@SnackPop can not wait for advance wars as well. But do you remember them on GBA, did the computer start cheating when I started beating it, or was I imagining it.😵

Sorry for the late reply, but you may have been imagining it. I don't remember the AI pulling any shenanigans when I was winning. They usually prioritized transport units whenever possible, and it became easy to exploit that by baiting their stronger units with APCs and transport copters while my infantry snuck around and captured their HQ. Good times.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

F-ZeroX

Enjoyed this soundtrack when I played this. Bit generations games too expensive nowadays to repurchase.

F-ZeroX

card-crunch78

I just absorbed Varia Suit data in Metroid Fusion, so now I can absorb blue X without getting hurt.

I guess you could say…

The cold never bothered me anyway.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

card-crunch78

I am a Metroid beginner no more.

Untitled

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

WaffleBoat

Please consider reading this as I have poured my heart out into this post.

I know it’s become a joke at this point and saying it again will only restate what others have said.
But we really need mother 3 at some point no other game has had that much of an impact on me and my mental health. It legitimately got me through really hard times.
Deltarune has gotten close to replicating that feeling but it’s not fully out yet and won’t be for the foreseeable future.
The mother series has had such a cultural impact on video games that mother 3 is still relevant today and has (as well as earthbound) shaped modern rpgs in so many ways! As the earthbound credits once said
“I miss you”

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Dpullam

@WaffleBoat I totally agree with you and support your cause. I don't truly believe it will happen, but I am really hopeful to get that game released on the Game Boy Advance emulator through Nintendo Switch Online. It would be an incredible addition to the library, and would be a good selling point for in my opinion in favor of being an expansion pack member. I already see the value there, but I can't deny the appeal of having Mother 3 on there too.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic