Forums

Topic: Nintendo games you're ashamed to admit you've never played

Posts 21 to 39 of 39

skywake

As others have said Xenoblade, I've never played any of the games in the series. Also the only Fire Emblem game I've played was the mobile version so that's a bit average. But I'm not hugely into RPGs so at least it makes sense that I haven't played them

In my mind what's worse is that I never played Metroid: Other M. Not because it's a game people put on the must-play list or anything like that. More because I picked it up for the Wii in late 2011, well and truly a bargain bin game towards the end of the Wii's life. Between picking my 3DS and getting Ocarina of Time and the release of Skyward Sword. I'm not sure if I even booted the game up, it's still sitting in it's case unplayed. Which is pretty shameful given that, despite the criticism of it, it wasn't THAT poorly reviewed

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Maximumbeans

Lots, to be totally honest. Never played any of the Zelda titles before A Link Between Worlds, never played any of the original Castlevania or Metroid titles.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Thwomp_Stomper

@Retrodouche that is the only one that peaked my interest. I heard good things about it. But also heard the complaints about baby Mario. Wouldn’t stop me from trying it out. I can just mute it lol

Thwomp_Stomper

TheJGG

Haven’t played a single Metroid, Kirby game at all, and I’ve only played the latest instalment in Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Dragon Quest.

Even Zelda games, which I adore to pieces, I’ve not touched any handheld games (bar Spirit Tracks) or any of the early 90s games.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (NS)
Disco Elysium (NS)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Mountain_Man

Why would anybody be ashamed to not have played a game?

The Mountain Man

OptometristLime

@skywake I've definitely had strong feelings towards Other M, as a result of having played it back in its controversial hey-day... and while it's certainly unusual there are also many praiseworthy elements that sing like a true Metroid game. Of course the impact of some of its peculiarities may vary from person to person: such as a not-stellar cast of characters, and a rather poor characterization of Samus (at least initially).

@Mountain_Man

I know for myself personally I would consider it shameful for someone to have not experienced a Mario or Zelda game, as it would simply be an odd omission for a Nintendo fan of any stripe. That being said I think many of the holy grail titles (like Ocarina of Time) are slipping into the odd category where a person could have grown into an adult without the experience of that older hardware.
Still I shudder to think of it but at least we older folk have to have a reasonable expectation upon the up and coming whipper snappers.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Pokester99

Earthbound. I'm kinda hoping for a remake that does it justice.

Pokester99

Tendo64

The Metroid Prime trilogy. Not because I wasn't interested or thought they were bad games (I'd grown up with Metroid and Super Metroid)... in fact I KNEW they were great games... it just never happened for me.

What made it even weirder was I had a GameCube in its hey-day, and later a Wii. It just never happened.

I'll get to it one day - most likely if they port them to Switch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

LzWinky

Aside from a bit of Super Metroid, I've never played a Metroid game. I'm more interested now that I've played other "Metroidvania" games and watched a friend play Dread.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tyranexx

...Does Mother 3 count? I liked Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1 and love Earthbound, but I still feel like I need to play the remaining game.

I'd have to say much of the GameCube library that everyone sings praises about. Much like the N64, I've had to rely on ports/remakes/remasters to experience any of the games. Outside of Luigi's Mansion on 3DS, Metroid Prime 1&2 (via MPT on my Wii U), and The Wind Waker HD on Wii U, I haven't experienced any other titles that originated on the system. Though I do now have access to Super Mario Sunshine via SM3DAS but haven't played it yet. Top of the play list for me would include Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door (why this still has no port is beyond me), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Pokémon Colosseum/Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, TLoZ: Four Swords Adventures (the only Zelda I haven't touched), and (if this one counts) Eternal Darkness.

OptometristLime wrote:

@skywake I've definitely had strong feelings towards Other M, as a result of having played it back in its controversial hey-day... and while it's certainly unusual there are also many praiseworthy elements that sing like a true Metroid game. Of course the impact of some of its peculiarities may vary from person to person: such as a not-stellar cast of characters, and a rather poor characterization of Samus (at least initially).

I can back this statement up. Metroid: Other M is by no means a perfect game and does have a few problems, but I quite enjoyed it and would've happily paid much more than the bargain $6 (for a new copy) and still been satisfied. Not at the launch price though. XD It does feel like a Metroid game at its core, though I do admit the story elements are pretty meh.

Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

kkslider5552000

Tyranexx wrote:

...Does Mother 3 count? I liked Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1 and love Earthbound, but I still feel like I need to play the remaining game.

I'd have to say much of the GameCube library that everyone sings praises about. Much like the N64, I've had to rely on ports/remakes/remasters to experience any of the games. Outside of Luigi's Mansion on 3DS, Metroid Prime 1&2 (via MPT on my Wii U), and The Wind Waker HD on Wii U, I haven't experienced any other titles that originated on the system. Though I do now have access to Super Mario Sunshine via SM3DAS but haven't played it yet. Top of the play list for me would include Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door (why this still has no port is beyond me), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Pokémon Colosseum/Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, TLoZ: Four Swords Adventures (the only Zelda I haven't touched), and (if this one counts) Eternal Darkness.

I mean in these cases, I'd be ashamed of Nintendo more than anything, since they don't want you to play most of these games apparently :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

SHULZ021

I've never played Super Mario Odyssey.

SHULZ021

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-0866-9587

Ramen756

Bravely Default and its sequels. I love RPGs, but for some reason I couldn’t get into them.

Ramen756

gcunit

@Ramen756 That sounds like you played at least one of them. And I'm not sure BD counts as a Nintendo game particularly.

There's not a series that I haven't played at least one entry of, that I can think of, but there are a fair few later entries not touched yet because I generally make myself play (and beat) in release order.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Balta666

Metroid prime and super Mario Galaxy 2. And I am out

Balta666

Tyranexx

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I mean in these cases, I'd be ashamed of Nintendo more than anything, since they don't want you to play most of these games apparently :V

You're certainly not wrong.

Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

I-U

Super Mario RPG, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Elite Beat Agents, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Chibi-Robo: Clean Sweep and Kirby: Canvas Curse, if I had to name any. I don't feel ashamed that haven't played these games, but I feel they are all games I should have played by now. Some of these can be corrected tonight as I own all but the Kirby games and the 3rd Chibi-Robo game.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

gcunit

Games released exclusively in Japanese barely feature on my radar, let alone feel like I should have played them.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic