Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,781 to 9,800 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@Octane "As long as it's not full price I'm not complaining."

Agreed there. It is what it is, and if they charge like what it is, then all's fair. My bet is they charge full price... Which is then a scam.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

@Octane "As long as it's not full price I'm not complaining."

Agreed there. It is what it is, and if they charge like what it is, then all's fair. My bet is they charge full price... Which is then a scam.

That's my bet as well, I don't think that Sony will do like Microsoft with Battletoads (£14.99).

Banjo-

Ninfan

[quote=Anti-Matter]

BlueOcean wrote:

@Ninfan Why don't you play versus CPU if you couldn't find someone playing online rather than complaining the trivial things ?

Isn't complaining about the same thing what you do on this thread every day?

i know i'm complaining about it.

Ninfan

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter i know i'm complaining about somethings, why do'nt you play animal crossing offline.

Ninfan

Banjo-

Ninfan wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan Why don't you play versus CPU if you couldn't find someone playing online rather than complaining the trivial things ?

Isn't complaining about the same things what you do on this thread every day?

i know i'm complaining about it.

I didn't mean you, I was actually supporting you.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Ninfan You can complain if you want. Battletoads (2020) is fun, try it if you can.

Banjo-

Octane

@NEStalgia @BlueOcean I mean, they've literally compared its size to what Lost Legacy is to UC4. So they can't charge full price. They have a good record of budget games (SOTC, R&C, WipeOut, pretty much all their remasters, remakes, and VR games).

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane I wouldn't complain about it if it were DLC, priced like DLC. I'm still thinking that since it's the showpiece of a console launch they're going to charge full price and pretend it's a full game even if we know it isn't (and someone at Insomniac got smacked down for admitting it wasn't...)

Honestly, if they don't charge full price, and do PS5 dicless for $400, that might be my "this is how you share games on PS4" moment of this "E3" - and get me to jump into PS5 right away. A signal of consumer friendliness.

This could be another launch were Sony doesn't so much win me as MS loses me - this time I had my wallet wide open for MS out of the gate, and every time they open their mouth the wallet closes a little more. Some of it is rumors - $600 price tag, XSeS being a mess - worse than PS5, worse than X1X, maybe maybe not running XSeX games. Some of it is MS itself "We don't want to think in terms of generations" ("We're doing generations!"), "We're not going to force you into next gen" (We're forcing you into next gen), we're going to support X1 with exclusives for the first 2 years! (No, now we're actually not!) The following games are coming to X1 and XSeX (Now you see it, now you don't! Gone!) - Basically everything they've said I've praised them about over the last 2 years, they've managed to reverse course on or "clarify" that it was marketing speak, over the past 4 weeks.

Consistent messaging matters, and right now MS feels like it has no plan and just takes what the internet says and makes it the plan for the week. Things were on course until that Halo reveal, then the internet went into savage mode, and started demanding that X1 is immediately abandoned and SeX is forced upon everyone.....and because MS seems to have no direction....they just reacted and are doing that. (And that fan base that suddenly demands that X1 is immediately abandoned is starting to feel as toxic as the Sony fanbase and is putting me off quite a bit.)

I'm mostly disappointed that the promise of the X1X and sort of a new console cycle is being tossed by the wayside and 1X is being treated like the WiiU. Only it was, at the time, the most expensive console (almost ever), that was intended as a 2.5 year stopgap to be abandoned?.....after promising not to. Once you get a WiiU moment you rethink how that brand will treat you long term. I have a big library ATM and I'll have to get an XSeX eventually to upgrade it. I'll have to see how digital distribution really works, and I really need to find out that "game sharing" works the same on both machines, as well as how affordable storage can be made with it. All things being equal, and depending on that sticker price at launch, I'm, very unexpectedly, almost getting more excited for PS5 than XSeX. I figured I'd upgrade everything with XSeX sooner, then get a PS5 Slim for the exclusives later. Maybe it'll still go that way, and the rumors are making things seem worse (which is a nightmare of both companies' making.) But at the moment, I'm not so happy with MS who seems to have reversed every positive initiative they had for years in a single month, is bent on kneejerk reactions to the internet mob, and is pretty much flipping off X1X owners after promising they wouldn't. It feels like it was a beta test for the XSeX. I'm at the point I'm actually holding off on Cyberpunk because I haven't decided if I'll be getting PS5 or XSeX version, partly depending on how the launch goes and what the prices are.

Currently I'm not thinking very much of MS. And I'm thinking just as little of PS as ever....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

Given Xbox Game Studios stuff is usually at Geoff's events, I wonder if Gamescom Opening Night Live is going to do the remaining Xbox game news (e.g. Gears Tactics release date, Flight Sim release date) and then September is just a blog post for Series S.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ninfan

are all xbox one game's available on pc like microsoft store or steam

Ninfan

Banjo-

@Ninfan Xbox, Xbox 360 and many Xbox One games aren't available on PC.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano I mean Microsoft is being even more coy than Nintendo at this point. What news could there be? At this point will find out the XSeX launch date a week after theyve been on shelves. Phil will ship the rest from his garage.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

So I got the new store and I don't see how to renew Gold on it. Perhaps the free online thing is happening soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano I simply always buy online, at allkeyshop, which compares all prices, so it's always cheaper than through the official channels. I recently bought another year of Gold through that site.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

RR529

I'll just copy what I wrote in the PS thread.

There was some cool stuff during the Gamescom video (Scarlet Nexus, Star Wars Squadrons, Metal of Honor: Above & Beyond, LEGO Star Wars, & Ratchet & Clank), but none of it we really didn't know of before, and too little considering the time it ran for.

I'll give Call of Duty an honorary two thumbs up though, for next-gen Reagan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NEStalgia

@RR529 "next gen Reagan"

I thought that was Phil Hartman?

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic