Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,201 to 8,220 of 11,914

redd214

@NEStalgia as @Eel I definitely recommend turning off the auto renew as I too have noticed that makes a difference when trying to get the next deal. Also and this is extremely YMMV, some places will actually price match the Microsoft promos from my experience. Of course that's highly dependent on where/who you're dealing with but I've gotten it a couple times. Saving money on gaming is like a game in itself for me lol

redd214

NEStalgia

@Eel Huh, that's interesting!

@redd214 Haha, yeah it seems like it's own mini-game. I wish Ultimate and Pass weren't in 3-month increments. That makes it a bit harder to deal-grab than the 1-year subs for Live alone. I think they introduced 1 year Pass subs at one point, but only digitally through MS. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Gaming the 3-month expiration I feel is something I'll fail at more often than succeed with

NEStalgia

Magician

Yeah, seems as though $350 with either Gears 5 or NBA 2K20 is the cheapest the Xbox One X bundle will get during this year's Black Friday. With Xbox Scarlett less than a year away I can't justify spending that much on a dying platform. It's fair to assume that the X will go on clearance at some point in 2020. MS can't possibly hold the X at this price point for an entire year.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Banjo-

@Magician The X is quite expensive to manufacture because of the advanced cooling system, etc. I don't know how cheaper it can get but it's been a while and the big discounts are always applied on S consoles.

Banjo-

redd214

@Magician best deal on the X is @ Kohls. $350 for the bundle and you get $105 back in store credit.

redd214

NEStalgia

@Magician My guess is X holds its price until after Scarlett is out. It's still the "most powerful" currently available console after all.

And we still don't actually know if X gets positioned as the "budget XBox" with the ability to play Scarlett games at lower specs rather than as a "prior" gen system. MS does seem dedicated to putting their games on any system regardless of power (see Switch.) Everyone thought that was the case, and then everyone thought that wasn't the case...but we really won't know much until E3. They're all about ecosystems but we don't know what ecosystem exactly they intend to build yet.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

When was Black Friday on Xbox.com last year? I can't wait to see the latest digital sale.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean November 18th. This year's deals start tomorrow for Gold and Game Pass Ultimate subscribers by the way.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano OK, so this year is later because of the X019 event that had a 24 hours deal or whatever. The important thing is that Black Friday on Xbox.com (and on consoles) starts tomorrow.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

With Game Pass, I'm not even sure I'm looking for anything on the Black Friday sale this year. I think most of the new games I want to play are on Pass

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia That's right but after playing Crash Team Racing on Switch and having a lot of fun but being annoyed by the low resolution I would like to get the Xbox One X version. It's beautiful... but not on Switch All the other games I want are coming to Game Pass.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Fortunately, not too much I want in them, @BlueOcean .... Picked up KHIII, Life is Strange 2 & a couple of others I liked the look of

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Hmm it says the sale isn't live in the UK yet. Do they have different launch time?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Ner I'm too sporadic in my gaming practices to bother with subscriptions. Just normal purchases.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoakimZ

Some really great prices on the Black Friday sale!

I’m gonna get at least REmake 2, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Devil May Cry 5, Far Cry: New Dawn, and the DLC bundle for Forza Horizon 4. I will probably splurge on some other games too.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Grumblevolcano

Gears Tactics and Ori 2 are at the Game Awards:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Y’all, I just realized I can stream my X1 to my Windows 10 work laptop since IT is having me do field tests (and it’s wide open for now). Is it pretty simple to get rolling?
And are there other devices I can second-screen it as well?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic