Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,021 to 8,040 of 11,914

BruceCM

So, with PS5 release window, do we think Scarlett will aim to come out at the same time? Is anyone planning to get that on launch? I'm hoping my XB1 will keep me going for awhile yet

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

carlos82

@BruceCM Scarlett was already confirmed to launch at that time. I'll likely end up with both PS5 and Scarlett but at launch Scarlett is looking favourite for me, as we know Halo Infinite to be a launch title and nothing of note has been announced for the PS5's launch.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

redd214

@BruceCM yes, it's been known for quite a while that Scarlett is coming Holiday 2020

redd214

BruceCM

Perhaps they're both waiting for the other to pick an actual date....? If PS5 does that 1st, do we expect Scarlett to go for the exact same or a bit earlier?

SW-4357-9287-0699

carlos82

I'd imagine both will launch in November like they did last time and probably about a week apart. If anything I'd expect Xbox to announce their release date first as they are kind of on the back foot at the moment. Maybe we'll get more info at the big Xbox event in London next month

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

BruceCM

Maybe they hope PS5 will announce a date, so they can go for a bit before, @carlos82 .... ? That'd make sense, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699

redd214

The 4/One released a week apart if I remember correctly so probably similar this time around. I'm sure internally the already have dates picked out but not really a point in announcing the exact day this far out. Doubt we'd know that til maybe even E3 2020

redd214

NEStalgia

I doubt they even know the actual dates yet....so much of that will depend on supply chain and logistics much closer to launch.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

If Xbox have learned anything, they'll wait for PS5 to announce first, and then they'll make their console $50 cheaper.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Justifier

@Dezzy
I agree, Microsoft should bite the bullet and sell their hardware cheaper this time. Won't hurt if it is more powerful too. They can take the hit.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

redd214

While obviously being cheaper would be a boost, I would say having compelling games and the correct messaging is far far more important for them. They've had the cheaper, and in some regards better, console for years now so I think they'll need more than just that.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 Yeah, it largely comes down to the quality of Halo Infinite. I'm optimistic with how 343 has handled MCC flighting.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

carlos82

Yeah I can see Halo Infinite having big pulling power at launch if done well, particularly if Sony don't have a big exclusive of their own and are relying on re-releases of recent PS4 games

Dezzy

Halo Infinite and Fable 4 launch exclusives would do pretty well I imagine.

I just hope they're still keeping their promise of launching Infinite on the current Xbox, cos I'm not gonna buy the next console for quite a while.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

I wonder what the chances are of the Xbox One X dipping below $200 this holiday season?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Justifier

@Magician
Let's hope so, I could upgrade my S.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

redd214

@Magician they're still trying to sell the SAD edition for $250,no chance the X is that low this year lol. I'm sure you could do some wheeling and dealing and only pay $200 out of pocket for one but highly doubt even black Friday they would get anywhere near that number for the X.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I doubt it'll change, it's kind of like the BotW situation. Cancelling the Wii U version of BotW would've given Nintendo a negative spotlight even though the Wii U was a commercial failure.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

carlos82

@Dezzy @Grumblevolcano their website confirms that it's in development for the entire Xbox family so I don't think there is much to worry about

Magician

redd214 wrote:

They're still trying to sell the SAD edition for $250,no chance the X is that low this year lol. I'm sure you could do some wheeling and dealing and only pay $200 out of pocket for one but highly doubt even black Friday they would get anywhere near that number for the X.

You're probably right, it'll be interesting though.

The Xbox One X made it down to $400 and the S down to $200 during Black Friday last year. Retailers are aware that PS5 and the next Xbox are on their way. Chances are good Xbox Scarlett will be on store shelves before Black Friday 2020. So retailers may as well offload PS4 and Xbox One inventory during the busiest shopping season.

Core gamers won't be shopping for PS4 and Xbox One during Christmas 2020.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic