Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 11,914

TysonOfTime

" just hope the internet doesn't perceive this as Microsoft giving a **** about people wanting to play offline all of a sudden. They clearly thought that after showing off their selection of games at E3 the internet would change its views and when nothing changed they decided to pull a 180 as fast as possible to save what little positive PR they have left. If Microsoft truly cared about consumers then they would've removed this DRM back when the rumors started to surface about this always online MONTHS ago."

Anyways, I'm glad that they did all this. I'm still not buying the thing, but at least the future looks much brighter.
I can see the sunrise. Isn't it beautiful?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

kkslider5552000

Actually, I just realized the reason I'm disappointed (the other reason is just the first thing that came to mind).

This is less of a ridiculously fun train-wreck. BOO!

Nintendo's problems aren't as fun either.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

TysonOfTime wrote:

" just hope the internet doesn't perceive this as Microsoft giving a **** about people wanting to play offline all of a sudden. They clearly thought that after showing off their selection of games at E3 the internet would change its views and when nothing changed they decided to pull a 180 as fast as possible to save what little positive PR they have left. If Microsoft truly cared about consumers then they would've removed this DRM back when the rumors started to surface about this always online MONTHS ago."

Anyways, I'm glad that they did all this. I'm still not buying the thing, but at least the future looks much brighter.
I can see the sunrise. Isn't it beautiful?

Microsoft wanted this weird console that was going to push digital only, but were no where near ready for that. All digital works for somethings (phones, computers, but not things like games.

I comletely understand why microsoft is doing this, that said I don't really care because well games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Vincent294

Nice to see they finally figured it out. Good decision. The online connection during setup is weird, but I have good internet anyways. This will save the Xbox One from its formerly inevitable doom.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

ThePirateCaptain

Wow, Microsoft finally deduced that all the complaints over the past month probably meant that people weren't going to buy their system. Good job Microsoft, I still have no interest in your $500 tv remote.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Midnight3DS

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

I would now consider X1 later in the future after a healthy price drop. They've done wonders today.

I think the military bad press is what solidified the decision.

Its so freaking crazy how they could have just announced this last week and Won E3.

That is true, and also the Amazon poll I believe was the final straw.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

kkslider5552000

yeah I honestly didn't care about the new Xbox even without the DRM nonsense or whatever. SONYLIFE and all that. All this did for me is make the Xbox a fun clusterfiretruck and the internet more entertaining. Now it's just boring again, if with a better exclusive lineup than I would have predicted.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 has a point, had they done this sooner, they perobably could;ve avoided some bad press, gotten a lot of good press, and Sony wouldn't have looked like a hero for doing nothing. Now I think it might be too late to save this thing. They're fighting an uphill battle winning back consumers after that, especially those who may have heard along the grape vine about those policies but might not hear about them going back on it before it's too late.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

Yeah Sony literally won the lottery with this. The only major thing they changed from last gen (besides hardware power) was charging for online multiplayer, and everyone loves them. Now despite the consoles being vastly similar, they still have a much better image with a cheaper, stronger console.

This couldn't have gone better for them. lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Olliemar28

This is a good move by Microsoft. Now the entire industry needs to fix the current problems it's facing. Namely, the overspending on so-called 'AAA' games. A game selling upward of 6 million copies and still considered a failure is ridiculous. This needs sorting out, otherwise more studios WILL close, especially with no more DRM on next-gen titles.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

AlexSays

Olliemar28 wrote:

This is a good move by Microsoft. Now the entire industry needs to fix the current problems it's facing. Namely, the overspending on so-called 'AAA' games. A game selling upward of 6 million copies and still considered a failure is ridiculous. This needs sorting out, otherwise more studios WILL close, especially with no more DRM on next-gen titles.

This is a free market, there's no changing that and its not a problem.

If a company spends too much on a game that isn't attractive enough to consumers, that's their own problem. We shouldn't be babying large developers when they're perfectly capable of planning their own budget.

There's no perfect economy where every developer will always make enough to stay in business. Some devs fail and that's not a bad thing, that's business.

AlexSays

MAN1AC

I had no interest in it either but competition is good for consumers.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

CanisWolfred

Anyways, they still have to go back on their Indie policies before I'll even consider their console. XBLA was the only reason I kept my 360, so without Indie support, they're pretty much dead in the water in my eyes. Especially since it'll be so easy to port games that everything good that's not first party will be on the PS4 as well. And so far, it's looking like the first party line-up...won't appeal to my tastes, to put it lightly. None of the non-gaming features appeal to me, either. Even without all that, though, I'd have to wait for it to go down in price, because I won't spend $500 on a new PC, let alone a new console. I hate to say it, but I wasn't gonna support Microsoft even before all the BS started. Going back on the BS won't change my opinion at the very least, though it does do wonders for the future of gaming - It looked like Microsoft was ready to go to war with the consumers, even willing to force us gamers to put our money where our mouths were (our main weakness, apparently), but instead we won before the fight really started. Lets hope the next time someone tries something like this (and there will be a next time...), things go about as smoothly.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Olliemar28

AlexSays wrote:

This is a free market, there's no changing that and its not a problem.

If a company spends too much on a game that isn't attractive enough to consumers, that's their own problem. We shouldn't be babying large developers when they're perfectly capable of planning their own budget.

There's no perfect economy where every developer will always make enough to stay in business. Some devs fail and that's not a bad thing, that's business.

True. However it's a big problem when those same developers (namely Cliffy B) try to blame consumers who buy preowned games without looking at the larger root of the issue.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

So the Xbox One doesn't require online or used game stuff anymore?

Looks like I'm getting an Xbox One.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

AlexSays

Olliemar28 wrote:

True. However it's a big problem when those same developers (namely Cliffy B) try to blame consumers who buy preowned games without looking at the larger root of the issue.

Cliffy should be thankful anyone buys Gears of War. lol

I always want to point him in the direction of devs like CD Projeckt Red who push the envelope in technology without a massive spending budget. Somehow Cliffy blows through a ton of money making minimal improvements to each Gears game, and then gets upset its not treated like the holy grail of gaming. I understand where some devs are coming from when they want to charge their own fee for used games, such as with online components (even though devs have backed off this so maybe it wasn't helping), but eliminating the used market entirely would be a rough transition for the industry.

Some devs really overspend though and get punished accordingly. Cliffy shouldn't even be complaining considering how well off he is financially..

AlexSays

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic