Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 11,914

DefHalan

TomJ wrote:

Forza Horizon 3, Indie Games, and some other games? I'm convinced to get an XBox One now! Even the exclusives look OP!

lol Microsoft convinced me to upgrade my PC further, but I still don't want a Xbox One lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

Same. There's a grand total of 6 games that I want backwards compatible that were released on the 360, and two, maybe three retail games, one or more of which are just collections of past games. And maybe one obscure Japanese space shooter, but it'll probably release on Steam less than a year later, at a steep discount. I also haven't heard about it in forever, so might be vaporware? But that again, it also might just be that obscure...

Meanwhile, for about $350, I could get a new graphics card instead...or...wait, that's more expensive than an Xbox One, isn't it?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

DefHalan wrote:

TomJ wrote:

Forza Horizon 3, Indie Games, and some other games? I'm convinced to get an XBox One now! Even the exclusives look OP!

lol Microsoft convinced me to upgrade my PC further, but I still don't want a Xbox One lol

And that is the whole point of what Microsoft is going for with the Xbox brand. Microsoft doesn't really care if you buy the game to be played on a more convenient Xbox or a Win10 store gaming PC. They just want to sell you the game! If they really preferred people to buy games on an Xbox they wouldn't be hyping Play Anywhere. Time to start thinking about Xbox and Micrsoft gameing beyond just a physical console.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

CanisWolfred wrote:

And maybe one obscure Japanese space shooter, but it'll probably release on Steam less than a year later, at a steep discount. I also haven't heard about it in forever, so might be vaporware? But that again, it also might just be that obscure...

What game, Raiden V?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I'm having fun messing around with the custom controller designer. They could probably use a few more color options, but the combos you can create are neat.

Yeah, I'm pretty tempted by it actually. I want to make it look like a SNES (my favorite console) controller.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

skywake

Ryno wrote:

Am I missing something? I thought the money for video game console companies was in the software and not the hardware?

Well it is but you can only sell software to the people who can access it. Releasing new SKUs isn't there to try and convince you to buy a second XBox. It's there to give them a better box on the shelf. More options means you're targeting a wider audience. And even if you are one of the people who upgrades where does your old machine go? There's a fair chance you're selling it so someone else can now buy XBOne games.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And maybe one obscure Japanese space shooter, but it'll probably release on Steam less than a year later, at a steep discount. I also haven't heard about it in forever, so might be vaporware? But that again, it also might just be that obscure...

What game, Raiden V?

Hah, that's what I thought at first, too, but that should totally come to Steam next year, since the rest of the franchise is there, and apparently doing well-enough.

But no, I was thinking of Natuki Chronicles and Shooting Love. Trilogy, neither of which actually released. The former has been repeatedly delayed (I still can't find a trailer with gameplay), and the latter is vaporware, apparently.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

CanisWolfred wrote:

But no, I was thinking of Natuki Chronicles and Shooting Love. Trilogy, neither of which actually released. The former has been repeatedly delayed (I still can't find a trailer with gameplay), and the latter is vaporware, apparently.

Well that's to bad, I would like some Shmups on my Xbone. I have lately been enjoying some on my PS3 after picking them up for cheap through sales. I'm not ready to spend $50.00 on Raiden V.

skywake wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Am I missing something? I thought the money for video game console companies was in the software and not the hardware?

Well it is but you can only sell software to the people who can access it. Releasing new SKUs isn't there to try and convince you to buy a second XBox. It's there to give them a better box on the shelf. More options means you're targeting a wider audience. And even if you are one of the people who upgrades where does your old machine go? There's a fair chance you're selling it so someone else can now buy XBOne games.

Yeah, I can see how the point of my comment got lost. I saw too many comments online like "What is Microsoft doing with all these console options and what's the point of Xbox console now if games are on P.C. too" My basic point was Microsoft is happy selling you games either way whether on an Xbox or through the Win 10 store.

And to those who think what’s the point of an Xbox One S; it’s pretty simple, the price difference between that and Project Scorpio. Options are a great thing usually so it will be interesting to see how this model goes.

I like this idea quoted from Phil in an interview: "Consoles created generations that effectively take your library back to zero; we’re trying to think beyond generations and say, how do you bring all the content that you purchased and love from this generation and move it forward with you?” "Microsoft has been working hard to make more and more Xbox 360 games backward compatible with Xbox One — Spencer calls out the 360-exclusive Japanese role-playing games Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey as his most-wanted games, and says the team is working on getting them running on Xbox One as we speak — and those backward compatible games, too, will work on Scorpio. And then of course this: “I’ve talked about a desire to do the original Xbox backward compatibility,” he says—he’s wearing a shirt with the original Bill Gates-era Xbox logo on it. “We’re not working on that right now, but it’s theoretically very possible. On the CPU side, we could figure it out. I think people should have access to the games that they love,”. How awesome it would be to not buy everything again (even at a discount) or pay for a streaming service but be able to continue to access yourold games or your new/current system.

http://www.wired.com/2016/06/xbox-vr-scorpio-phil-spencer/?mb...

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

RR529

Yay! My copy of Halo CE Anniversary (360) arrived today! Probably won't get to try it out until next Tuesday at the earliest, though (Box is pretty cool though, as Master Chief's visor is all shiny, as well as the logo).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 Man you have really good willpower waiting a week to play a new game. I know when I get home with a new game that sucker goes right into my console.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529 Man you have really good willpower waiting a week to play a new game. I know when I get home with a new game that sucker goes right into my console.

Well, if I get the chance I'll try it out ASAP, but my bro's off work for the next two weeks (but he doesn't leave for his trip until next week), so he'll probably have complete control of the TV until he leaves, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Hey, I actually got to play it for about an hour tonight! (Completed the first mission, and the first couple of segments of the second)

Just some first impressions:

• In terms of gameplay, it's pretty intuitive, and quick to pick up. My only little nitpick is that I have a hard time focusing on my surroundings in more open areas, because of the perspective, which can make firefights in open areas troublesome. Still, there's plenty of checkpoints, you can save anytime, and there's no "lives" system as far as I know, so I think I'll manage, lol. I'm playing on the "Normal" difficulty, BTW. I've only died twice so far, both times during what I've played of the second mission (first time I walked right off the edge, expecting an invisible wall, lol).
  • Graphically speaking, I'm actually really impressed! It looks just as modern as any other game I have on the system, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised about how bright & colorful it is (I've switched over to the classic graphics when things are slow, just to check them out, and while they aren't as colorful, they actually still look pretty decent). Really, the only thing that gives away it's age is the stiffness of the characters in cutscenes, but that kind of thing doesn't bother me whatsoever.
  • One other thing, I actually kind of like the reactions of those little aliens you fight. They're pretty funny.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

DefHalan

@DarthNocturnal Fall's Online on PC doesn't seem to work. I have been trying to figure it out with Activision Tech Support on twitter but nothing has happened. Hopefully the Remasters come to PC just so I can play Online again. Those games were so much fun.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Souldin

As some of you may be aware, NintendoLife's Xbox focused sister site (is that the right term?) has recently announced it is closing. PureXbox happened to be my main source for Xbox news and discussion, so with it closed... I'm guessing that this single thread will have to suffice.

So then... I'm not sure what else to say. I primarily made this post so I could watch this topic, and in turn, engage in future Xbox One related discussions. Was anyone else here a visitor to the PureXbox site?

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

Octane

Some shady Microsoft practices:

Xbox One S advertisement:
Untitled

Xbox One S in real life:
Untitled

Octane

6ch6ris6

@Octane yeah i already thought "it cant be that small" when i saw the trailer

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tasuki

@Souldin I was but honestly visted Push Square alot more and even NL more then Pure Xbox especially when the Xbox One hit, mainly though that was because I didn't have a One.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

@Octane To be fair, thsat's a straight on shot, and much of the size decrease is in depth - the part you can't see in that particular picture. Also, 40% smaller can still be pretty big if it was enormous to begin with.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I noticed that straight away when they showed that rather misleading image on one of their powerpoint slides at E3.

Here you go: - https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/xbox_a_genera...

The fact that the PlayStation 4, three years on, is still smaller than the Xbox One S boggles the mind!

I wish they offered both black and white colour though, seeing as all my current consoles are black.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@CanisWolfred And so is the image in the advertisement. They're making it out to be smaller than it actually is; at least if the outline is meant to represent the original XOne, and I think it is. It's still huge though..

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic