Forums

Topic: Valve's Steam Deck console Thread

Posts 141 to 148 of 148

JaxonH

A size comparison to the Wii U gamepad for reference.

Untitled

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
Steam: MH Rise
XSX: Gears 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby

Jesus is Lord.

TommyTendo

The gamepad is honestly one of the most comfortable controllers I've had.
Before I got my Wii U I thought it would be very heavy, but it weighs nothing lol

rockodoodle

TommyTendo wrote:

The gamepad is honestly one of the most comfortable controllers I've had.
Before I got my Wii U I thought it would be very heavy, but it weighs nothing lol

I still love the gamepad! I don’t understand why so many hated it…

rockodoodle

Matt_Barber

The Wii U Gamepad is indeed very ergonomic for a controller of its size thanks to the light weight.

I'd think that the Steam Deck is going to be a fair bit heavier due to the battery and cooling system though, so it's going to be a somewhat different experience. Hopefully still a good one though.

Matt_Barber

JaxonH

Gamepad was super comfy. My issue with it was the glossy finish served as a fingerprint and dust magnet, the cheap non-capacitive 480p screen disappointed, and the deep recess of the screen resulted in dust and dirt constantly getting stuck along the edges and corners of the screen, which itself was also a dust and dirt magnet.

If it had a screen like Switch, at 720p capacitive that wasn't recessed, it might have been my favorite controller of all time.

Deck is the weight of a Switch OLED and a Switch Lite combined. I tried it out- it does feel heavy. But the Deck will be much wider with an ergonomic grip, so the weight will feel more evenly dispersed. And, I'm sure we will adjust to it with a bit of use.

PLAYING
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby

Jesus is Lord.

Balta666

@rockodoodle the gamepad plays well enough altough it is a bit too light for my taste (I also prefer wireless controllers because of the extra weight from batteries). But the main thing is that it was a gimmick that detracted from the perfect position for gaming aka with a smaller controller in yours hands under a blanket

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

JaxonH

I'll be sticking to Switch for Rise, as it already looks great on OLED and gets 5 hr battery life. But this is still amazing, and foreshadows all the hours I'm gonna spend in World on this thing...

Untitled

PLAYING
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022

Jesus is Lord.

gcunit

Anouma = Switch Lite
Miyamoto = Switch
Reggie = Steam Deck

Untitled

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic