Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,521

shingi_70

Just the first three games. Haven't read any of the novels or comics.

Also Microsoft has been stepping it up lately with their sales.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Whopper744

Sony_70 wrote:

Just the first three games. Haven't read any of the novels or comics.

Also Microsoft has been stepping it up lately with their sales.

I found it I think it was a Gamestop for 20 used and didn't get it. Have been trying to focus more on Assassin's Creed first since I got the first two now (trying to playthrough 1 first but havent' got real far).

I'm just afraid I'll get aggravated with the game if I ever try to play online. People are insane online, and I'm used to first party Nintendo.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

shingi_70

Its not just you. I found gears online to be frustrating and that's why I stick to Halo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Whopper744

Sony_70 wrote:

Its not just you. I found gears online to be frustrating and that's why I stick to Halo.

Well that's another thing.
Halo Reach came with my 360 (got it this past January), and I sort of suck at it too. I just get too annoyed by people online and how much they have focused their life into this games, where other people like me get annoyed to death when they get on their and use every secret of the game (including cheats if they can) to kick everyone's rear end. Not saying they shouldn't try to win, but I think some of these people put way too much time and effort into it, if you know what I mean.

anyway, kind of got off on a rant there.
Just seems hard to find my place in the world of online gaming on the 360 when there are so many hardcore people that's been playing for years, ready to not give me a chance to walk five feet before dying.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

shingi_70

I'm not the biggest fan of reach but find a gametype you like. I usually play Infection or one of the social games where preformance doesn't matter.

I don't mind other people being hardcore as I'm a decent enough player that I have a few tricks. But I remember k owing a lot of halo 3 maps in and out like the back of my hand.

So what all games do you ha ve joshers?

WAT!

Whopper744

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm not the biggest fan of reach but find a gametype you like. I usually play Infection or one of the social games where preformance doesn't matter.

I don't mind other people being hardcore as I'm a decent enough player that I have a few tricks. But I remember k owing a lot of halo 3 maps in and out like the back of my hand.

So what all games do you ha ve joshers?

Well for 360 (by the way, I'm 23 years old and still play more Mario, Sonic, and Zelda then anything else )...

-Assassin's Creed 1 and 2
-Batman Arkham Asylam
-Sonic Generations
-Halo Reach
-Fable 3 (haven't really played it much just came with the system)
-Sonic '06
-Disney Universe (something to play with my wife )
-Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
-Borrowing Gears of War 3 currently.
-These along with a handful of downloaded games including Perfect Dark (the 64 game), and several Sonic games.

shingi_70

Decent list. We should play some perfect dark sometimes.

I'dsuggest Shadow complex or Raskulls.

WAT!

Whopper744

Sony_70 wrote:

Decent list. We should play some perfect dark sometimes.

I'dsuggest Shadow complex or Raskulls.

Used to love that game on the 64. Yeah I'd play it with you....now even I play a game a million times, I'm not the type to know all the hard core advanced techniques and stuff, so sorry if I somewhat suck. haha.

my xbox avatar is jataylor744

shingi_70

Just sent you a friend request. Its Shingi the 70

WAT!

shingi_70

Don't really care. Most of the apps are relevant to whatever section it is. Plus while the 360 version. Is flawed I'm a huge fan of metro. And having one constant UX among my electronics.
Untitled

WAT!

geek-master

agreed. i have a windows phone 7 device and will upgrade to a windows phone 8 device in October. i have windows 8 release preview on my laptop and will also install it on my gaming pc. and i will buy an xbox 360 from craigslist for the sake of having beautiful metro flavored media consumption on my tv.
but i am sorry to say i almost completely phased out of video games last year. now i am just the tech nerd, and hate to admit it, occasional casual gamer.
yeah what a teenager i have turned out to be in the past 3 years..

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Electricmastro

Who here has played Eternal Sonata?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Whopper744

Just beat Gears of War 1 yesterday (beat it on Causual...was pretty easy, but I'm still new at this kind of game anyway! ).
Started 2 but I think the casual here is way too easy. May start over on Normal at least. Wanting to kind of get through it to get to 3 though since it's the newest one....
What still sucks is I know I'd get destroyed online, so bad that it wouldn't even be enjoyable. I would really like some good online multiplayer (I have always been a first party Nintendo fan above all other games, so I don't see much for online interaction), but too many people are super hard core about using whatever cheap shots and cheats they can to win.

shingi_70

Need to grab gear 2 and 3 sometime.

I got Bulletstorm on sale yesterday off the marketplace. Made by the guys making the news gears game thats coming out next year.

WAT!

Whopper744

I have to say, along with the gameplay, two things I really like about Gears is the story so far and the characters (except for all the bad language that comes with it of course).

I really feel like this could have been a movie series. I know they talked about that before actually, but it didn't get anywhere.

Still working through the first Assassin's Creed at the same time too by the way...it can get a little repeatitive but I like it....then I need to move on to 2 of that series.

Magi

The Cold Stream DLC is hitting Left 4 Dead 2 tomorrow. Anyone getting it? I am.

Magi

Slapshot

Logged into my XBLA account through Windows 8.. Win!

Now bring Fez to Windows Live Microsoft, pleaze!!!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Can't wait to get Windows 8 and a Surface tablet. Apparently there is going to be around 22 xbox live games at launch and more that aren't xbox live capable.

So far we know
Hydro Thunder
Toy Soldiers
Reckless Racing
Angry Birds
Ilomilo
Rocket Riot
Full House Poker
Tentacles
Crash Course
Ms Splosion Man
Wordament
Skulls Of the Shogun
Pinball FX
Fruit Ninja
Solitare

And a few others that haven't been confrimed to be xbox live or not.
Armed
Cut the rope

Microsoft seems to be pushing development of Multiple versions of XBLA games like skulls of tthe shogun
Untitled

For the most part XBLA games can be the same on both Windows 8 and Xbox with a stripped down mobile style game n Windows Phone depending on how graphically intense the other versions are or just depending o.n what the dev wants to do.

For example full house poker on xbox and windows phone

And I notice that both Windows Phone and Windows app have been receiving apps and better designed ones faster than android.

WAT!

Whopper744

Played through Gears 1 and 2 over the past week or two, and this morning I beat Act 3 in Gears 3...won't go into spoilers, but wow...
I'm really enjoying the story to these.
Want to play some multiplayer online but I know I'll get my butt kicked. I wonder if I should get the season pass...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.