Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 3,237

Ravage

lol I got it, but I didn't really mind watching them, just downloading them is kind of annoying. Plus I had already seen all of those trailers with the exception of Homefront dev diary 2, which was interesting.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

V8_Ninja

Weird. Just Cause 2 requires a graphics card with DirectX 10, but I can run the demo on my video card, which doesn't support DirectX 10. Does anybody know why this is?

EDIT: After doing some poking around, it appears that I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card, which can run DirectX 11! Goodness, I thought I was WAY underpowered when it came to hardware! I guess it's time to indulge myself!

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

HolyMackerel

Haha, that trailer one is interesting. Now it's just the Steam Gimme objective lol.

Guess I'll try my hand at Beat Hazard to get that objective. Just 2 more and I'll have completed 10 objectives.

Oh also, just letting you guys know that GOG.com is having a massive sale of old-school PC games! I think I'll go buy Baldur's Gate 2 Complete and Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition. Those prices really are unbeatable.

Also GOG.com has released PC shmup Tyrian 2000 for FREE!

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

Haha, that trailer one is interesting. Now it's just the Steam Gimme objective lol.

Guess I'll try my hand at Beat Hazard to get that objective. Just 2 more and I'll have completed 10 objectives.

Oh also, just letting you guys know that GOG.com is having a massive sale of old-school PC games! I think I'll go buy Baldur's Gate 2 Complete and Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition. Those prices really are unbeatable.

Also GOG.com has released PC shmup Tyrian 2000 for FREE!

I highly recommend grabbing Planescape: Torment if you haven't already. It's like Burdar's Gate but with a far better story, IMO. And Tyrian 2000 has been officially free for a long time, and I already have a copy of it. Though it is nice that it's in a more convenient place, now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Aviator

I need 3, and when I do some of my Windows gaming tonight, I might also download the Undergarden.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ravage

I've been thinking about Baldur's Gate 2 or Planescape, but haven't decided which.

edhe

Hey Gaiz!

Quick! Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization DLC pack is £1.66 off.

Snap it up while it's cheap(!)

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ravage

I would prefer it if they just released a large expansion like Beyond The Sword... Thinking of getting this game though, supposed to be $30 on Sunday at EB Games (in Canada).
Good news is that I already own Bob Came in Pieces.

Slapshot

So Mass Effect 2 is hitting the PS3 and Steam has Mass Effect and I really want to play through it. Any ideas if it will hit this sale as Ive actually got the time to play it now instead of waiting around for it. I don't know, Ill be mad if I buy it tonight only to find it on sale in a week.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Ravage

It's one of those things that you never know. It could be on sale during the Christmas sale. I can't remember if it was last year... Last year, there would be a new set of deals put on every day, on top of deals that will be on the entire time. So the game could be on sale during a daily deal, or it could only be on sale at a (usually) more minor discount during the week or not at all.

irken004

If anyone sees a Transformers War for Cybertron (PC) sale at ANY point of time on ANY game-selling site, LET ME KNOW

Edited on by irken004

Ravage

lol sure thing!

Slapshot

Yeah, I think I'm going to hold off on it and see. Heck it will probably be 50-75% off if I does indeed hit a sale and Ill focus on Half Life 2 instead. Heres hoping I get lucky

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@irken Even if it's on sale for -1.7%? lol

Also, is the Smack Talker objective not unlocking for anyone? I posted on a friend's Steam community profile ages ago and I just did it again and the objective is still locked. O_o

HolyMackerel

Ravage

I don't know; I went to the store page and the treasure hunt page came up with the new objectives (of which I had forgotten was today) and I had it. You could try checking general discussion for people with the same problems (Steam forums).

HolyMackerel

Ah, I've got it now. False alarm everyone, return to your seats.

HolyMackerel

Aviator

/me never left his seat.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Xkhaoz

Man, I kinda wish there were more objectives I could actually do. I doubt I could run The Undergarden, and I would do the gifting one, but I don't have any money. Meh, I doubt I would win the 100 games anyway I've only done 5

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Ravage

I should probably mention that Killing Floor is $6 or $7. I enjoy it and have for a while.
Worms Reloaded is $10 and they have apparently released TF2 hats and forts for Worms. I am still a bit too cheap to pay $10 with Christmas so soon however.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.