Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,141 to 7,160 of 16,083

Octane

@Dezzy Keep in mind that PSX is early December. They're going to save anything big for that event; like TLOU2 or Death Stranding (possibly). I don't expect anything big out of PGW. Maybe one new game and a few smaller (indie) titles, release dates and more trailers.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

How are we supposed to keep up with which events are supposed to be a big deal or not?
Is PSX owned by Sony or something?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy PSX, PlayStation Experience, is hosted by Sony. Their own little ''E3''. That's where all the great games get revealed, like The Last of Us Part 2 and Knack 2!

In all seriousness, they're not going to waste their biggest guns on Paris Games Week. What's the point in hosting your own event if you can't top your last conference?

The only events that are important are E3, Gamescom*, Tokyo Game Show, Paris Games Week and PlayStation Experience. *Gamescom is shortly after E3, so these days it's mostly a repeat in terms of game reveals, it's still the world's biggest gaming event though (if we don't count that one expo in China...).

Octane

Haru17

And GDC and San Diego Comic Con if you care for the more Ted Talk-y side of the industry.

The only thing I'm counting on being at Paris Games Week is another Monster Hunter trailer and at least one European-made game. WiLD might finally resurface there as it's been in Sony's show there in past years.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 Yeah, I love GDC, but that's not an event for new announcements.

WiLD is a good guess. Monster Hunter too. I expect Shadow of the Colossus as well, they need something to fill in that January Gravity Rush slot. Here's another one: Dreams. Mandatory Horizon Zero Dawn trailer. I don't think they have any other noteworthy studios in Europe. And Spider-Man was also confirmed for PGW.

I expect a game from Sucker Punch at PSX, I mean, they're working on something, right? They're Sony's Retro Studios at this point. I also expect a new game from Japan Studio at PSX, maybe another From Software collaboration.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

To give you guys some grey hairs:

I have no idea what WiLD is. Thats how long its bern MIA and I started following dedicated PS news late 2014.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

@BLP_Software I'm fully aware that I am more conscious of release dates and show history than most. WiLD is an open world survival game where you can possess and play as animals whose SEO was utterly obliterated by a certain Zelda game when it finally got a title nearly two years after both of their announcements.

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@BLP_Software I'm certain there was a second trailer one or two years ago. I think it was announced in 2014.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Yeah I dont remember that at all.

Octane

@BLP_Software You don't have to. Michel Ancel is working on it, so it'll take another 10 years before it becomes relevant again.

Octane

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

And GDC and San Diego Comic Con if you care for the more Ted Talk-y side of the industry.

GDC is where english lit majors try and publicly rationalise how they ended up in the games industry
Lol

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy PSX, PlayStation Experience, is hosted by Sony. Their own little ''E3''. That's where all the great games get revealed, like The Last of Us Part 2 and Knack 2!

Yeah see I didn't know Sony actually hosted it. That does make it more likely that the big things will be saved until then.
I'm fairly confident we'll get FF7 remake footage at some point this year though.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

Eh.... Hello.
Sorry for joining in ps4 forum.
Later, i will buy ps4 slim on April 2018 according to my plan. The reason why i "suddenly" want to buy ps4 after my negative previous comments about notorious ps4 because of Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age , Portal Knights and mostly because of The Sims 4 ( I Love this game but Dang it ! I have to buy ps4 in order to play The Sims 4 console version). And i might buy ps4 with Half-heartedly feeling due to my Negativity toward ps4 in the past. Anyway, i want to know about PSN Menu.

Since i will apply Very Strict Rules for my ps4 later ( I will set Parental Level to Level 5 that allowed Age Rating until ESRB Teen, CERO B & PEGI 12 for all my games), i still worried about PSN Menu when i try to access.
My concern is : Will i still see the Inappropriate games on PSN menu after i set Level 5 for my gaming rules ? I don't even want to see any of Rated M games appears on PSN Menu when i want to search The Sims 4 DLC or any Appropriate PSN games. If i can disable All rated M games on psn menu, can i see the screenshot for the proof if i can searching psn games without disturbed by rated M games ?
Also, can i disable All rated M games character icons for PS4 user icon ? I don't even want to see any of them because i hate all rated M games.
And for PS4 wallpaper Home Menu, Is there any Appropriate theme ? If yes, could someone give me some screenshots and theme names for the proof ?

I will appreciate any little helps for me to play my ps4 safely without disturbed by any rated M games appearance.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Dezzy I completely forgot about FF7 to be fair! That's another one stuck in development limbo!

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I don't think we necessarily know that. They just haven't said anything about it for 2 years. I haven't heard anything troublesome though.
For all we know, the first episode is right on track and will release some time like Q1 2019.
We have to keep in mind this will be the biggest project they've ever done. Asssuming they're making it full open world in the FF15 type style, which I hope they are.

Octane

@Dezzy ''Final Fantasy VII Remake [...] to launch “in the next three...''

Final Fantasy VII Remake development shifts from external coo...

Naoki Hamaguchi wrote:

The information is already available online, but I’ve taken charge on the development side for Final Fantasy VII Remake,” Hamaguchi said. “As for the whole story, (it’s a sensitive topic, but) until now, development was moving forward with external cooperation, but the company has decided to shift to an internal setup, including mass production and quality, because we want to control everything, including quality, on a stable schedule.

It doesn't really instill a lot of confidence, does it?

Octane

TuVictus

So the SO got me a psvr as a later birthday gift, and let me just say thumper is truly an experience with that headset

TuVictus

Dezzy

@Octane

It doesn't instill or disinstill (lets pretend that's a real word that means the opposite) confidence.
I think quite a few big devs outsource the creation of some of the more generic art assets (and occasionally code assets) for a new project like that.
There's obviously some stuff you can outsource, anything that's strictly modular, and other things you can't. (you can outsource the creation of trees, rocks, barrels, crates, small animals. You can't outsource the creation of entire towns)
All I take something like that to mean is that they'd outsourced as much as they could so the rest needed to be done with central creative control. Doesn't really say anything about how well development is going either way.

Edited on by Dezzy

JaxonH

How's our PS compadres doing... anything really big or exciting happen lately? I saw they're announcing a few new games at the Paris Game Show. That's cool.

@Anti-Matter
No, there's no way to block M rated games from showing up on PSN. It's up to the consumer to simply buy what they want or don't want. With that said you could simply do a search for whatever you're looking for and you won't have to browse through the games.

And good for you. At the end of the day it's about the games. You don't have to like Sony (even I'm not particularly fond of some of their strong handed tactics) but they make a great console which has some great games. And really, that's all that matters.

@Operative2-0
Thumper is crazy in VR. I don't really think it's that good of a game, but it's quite the experience in virtual reality.

I recommend Super Stardust Ultra, DriveClub VR, Farpoint (with PS Aim, that's half the fun), Robinson The Journey, Rez Infinite (again, not really the best game but it's one heck of an experience in VR), Batman Arkham VR and most of all... above all else... PSVR Worlds. The London Heist is incredible. And when playing Luge, if you lean back your recliner and bring up the foot rest so that you're actually laying down just like you would be on a luge board... oh man... it's insane. INSANE.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH @Anti-Matter

You cant block game types from showing up on friends lists or recommendations hut as Jax said you can always manually search the PS Store.

Problem with that is I wouldnt recommend using that search system even if it could find the cure for cancer.

Anti-Matter

@BLP_Software
So, how about ps4 games with DLC such as Yonder : The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, The Sims 4 (Expansion Packs as DLC ), Portal Knights, etc ?

I want to purchase their DLC , but i'm afraid if i have to go PSN menu straightly with Tons of rated M games pop up on the screen ( i will be so upset and disgusted). Any method or ways to avoid those unwanted rated M games pop up on my TV , just straightly go to Specific DLC , no other games pop up, just only my DLC ?

And this is the reason why i still Half-heartedly with ps4. The PSN Menu looks so disgusting to me due to tons of rated M games on the psn buy menu.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic