Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 16,083

Gamer83

Tasuki wrote:

Well I went to my local Gamestop today to put down some more on my PS4 and I noticed that they removed all their signs for preordering the PS4. Curiously enough some of them have been replaced with Preordering the Xbox One signs.

As for release date well since I was right with the Wii U date let me see if I can guess the PS4.

I am going ahead and guess November 5th.

I think Sony itself shut down the PS4 pre-orders but if they're still taking them for Xbox One then GameStop would want to advertise those. I know MS has been known for some dirty tactics and certainly most employees at GameStop have a preference for Xbox but at least at the GameStops near where I live they were pushing the PS4 real hard while pre-orders were available.

Gamer83

shingi_70

My boy who works at Gamestop told me it might be becuase the way the two are handling pre-order's.

Gamestop has had the floodgates opening trying o grab as many as they can. (its essentially free money)

With the XBox they have only being doing a certian number of pre-orders a day and than doing it again the next way.

While The PS4 way looks better for hype and paying gamestop, the Xbox One way is smarter due to not knowing how much product you actually get. I thin were going to see a lot of disappointed PS4 pre-purchasers from Gamestop.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

I like how sony has been open about they're fanbases and what they want to achieve with the Playstation family. Thse qutes from Mark Cerny spring to mind.

On Knack

"One audience was core gamers," said Cerny. "I wanted to tap into the nostalgia for game experiences of the past, that feeling you had when you played Crash Bandicoot or Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time. Crash was actually a brutally difficult game despite its very simple two-button control scheme. That meant on a hard difficulty setting our game really needed to challenge the core gamer.

"The other audience was light or beginner gamers. I chose this because I have some very specific and personal beliefs about consoles and their position within the world of gaming. Console games can be pretty complex."

This is, according to Cerny, the "origin of Knack." As a result of these tests, he believes that when played on easy difficulty, "it can be someone's first console game."

On getting back to the PSone feel

During his keynote presentation at the Develop Conference in Brighton this morning, PS4 chief architect Mark Cerny predicted a "renaissance of gaming", fuelled by indie titles, that will echo the early years of PlayStation.

"With PSone there was no way to make an indie title," he said. "The hardware didn't support digital downloads and all games were distributed on CD-ROMS. There was no way for creators to directly reach their audience.

"With the release of PlayStation 4, we understand we have an opportunity to fundamentally alter the landscape of gaming," Cerny continued.

"On PS4, I believe the indie paradigm will have the hardware as enabler, not as the central player, which is to say that Octodad isn't about the triangle count, it's about keeping your cephalopod nature a secret from your human family."

"On the business side, we've had a bit of an epiphany," Cerny said. "Since Adam Boyes joined SCE, pretty much the whole process has been overturned. He wanted us to look at the day in the life of an indie developer, and challenged us to explain whether our processes were helping or hindering the creation of the diverse titles we were looking for.

"We ended up radically simplifying concept approval. We fully support self-publishing across all platforms, so it's now possible for developers to maintain complete creative and financial control. We now pretty much support any business model, whether it be buy-to-play, free-to-play, episodic or micro-transactions. And we're doing what we can to support indie development financially as well, whether that be through loaner dev kits or our incubation program or direct support from the Pub Fund.

"We also understand that accessibility is paramount. So we've gone from putting our process out front to putting people out front, which is to say your indie journey on PS4 as a developer begins by tweeting Shahid Ahmad, not by filling out a form.'

Also Worldwide studios have 30 games in development with 20 in the first year 12 of which are new IP. I guess we should start a list to feel in the blanks.
Returning series
1.Killzone: Shadowfall
2.Infamous: Second Son
New IP
12.Knack
13.DriveClub
14.The Order: 1886

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Direct Feed Footage of Killzone Shadow fall and a new charcter trailer

WAT!

shingi_70

New UI pics of the OS and phone app released.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

While the xbx one only records your last five minutes of gameplay the PS4 does the last 15 minutes.

WAT!

Jaz007

I realized something today. The PS4 is most likely going to have a good web browser that can play most videos (unlike Wii U's). So the PS4 will probably be a good way to watch shows from websites where your stream the video on your TV instead of your monitor. If this happens as I think it will the PS4 might be fantastic for watching anime.

Jaz007

shingi_70

Jaz007 wrote:

I realized something today. The PS4 is most likely going to have a good web browser that can play most videos (unlike Wii U's). So the PS4 will probably be a good way to watch shows from websites where your stream the video on your TV instead of your monitor. If this happens as I think it will the PS4 might be fantastic for watching anime.

Yeah the Vita has a pretty good web browser from what I've heard.

Sony;s Gamescom event is on august 20th.

WAT!

irken004

Jaz007 wrote:

It really depends on how they use flash in their browser. I almost guarantee that a youtube app or whatever will be released on PS4 just like it is on PS3 and Vita (with the vita one working amazingly well.)

Midnight3DS

If it's another youtube app for PS4, it better be legit, because the current one is frankly, garbage.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

FullbringIchigo

Tasuki wrote:

FullbringIchigo wrote:

now this may have already been said but this is a Nintendo site so why not try Push Square it's owned by the same people who own this site and your account will also work on there

there should be a link at the bottom of the page under PS4News

Please show me where it says that we are only allowed to discuss Nintendo stuff here.

i'm not i just thought that there might be a bigger PS4 community over there than there is here as it is a PlayStation specific site

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

shingi_70

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-26584.html

Following the August 20th Gamescom reveal, Sony will also be at TGS on September 19th with a keynote entitled the world PS4 creates. I'm guessing thats when e see alot of the Japanese related games as well as the Launch date in Japan.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

It depends. The Wii U technically has a pretty future proof browser. HTML5 will be the core plug-in for most plug-ins after a while, because it will be standard.

HTML5 is an advancement that no one has really taken advantage of. It's forward compatible and backwards compatible, but it hasn't been programmed or applied to much of anything. If PS4 plans on being future proof with HTML5, you can expect older internet applications(versions of Javascript) to be supported by Wii U AND PS4 around the same time.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

What do you means no one has taken advantage of HTML5? Its the only thing you here about at web based websites and tech summits.

Rumor that Sony will have a PS4/Vita Bundle for $500.
http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_and_ps_vita_bundle_coming_...

Sony may introduce a hardware bundle containing a PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita when the next-gen console goes on sale later this year, according to a new report.

Inside Gaming Daily claims to have been told by a "well-placed anonymous source" that a bundle containing the two consoles will release at "the end of the year" for "around $500" (~ £325).

I'd be down for this as I planned to get both anyway.

WAT!

Jaz007

If the bundle is true, it could be a very good value propistion compared to the Xbox One since you could get two consoles instead of "One" for the same price, plus you would get remote play. I could see it really boosting Vita sales.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I mean plug-ins. No one really cares what formats a browser runs at long as it works, so that's why people are complaining. HTML5 can do things other formats can't, and it just so happens it's not compatible sometimes. That's why I don't get why people gave Wii U crap. It's technically one of the top browsers anywhere, but HTML5 by itself won't run stuff until there's more programming on the internet that supports it as native.

HTML5 is BC and FC. So PS4 will be in the same boat unless Sony plans to pay more for plug-ins that may go obsolete in an HTML5 future, just for customers to be satisfied for an extra year before more features are widespread.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Peach64

Did anyone watch the Gamescom conference?

Rime looks amazing, almost like a spiritual successor to Ico! Every game to feature remote play via Vita confirmed too. Now if only those rumours of the Vita XL are true..

Not sure how to embed video...

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

Dreamsleep

Peach64 wrote:

Did anyone watch the Gamescom conference?

Rime looks amazing, almost like a spiritual successor to Ico!
]

I did! Game junkie, here, lol. Rime was one of the new games that were announced, that I really loved. The shot of him running in the fields, in the golden fields of wheat. Breathtaking! Oddly enough, at the other end of the spectrum, War Thunder, the online WW2 MMO really has me pumped. Love that era of history. Overall, PS4 looks amazing!

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

shingi_70

If your interested in Rime go try out deadlight the first game by the studio.

Untitled

If it weren't for Fable Legends Rime would be my most hyped game of the show.

WAT!

irken004

Sony_70 wrote:

If your interested in Rime go try out deadlight the first game by the studio.

Untitled

If it weren't for Fable Legends Rime would be my most hyped game of the show.

Deadlight blows on PC though, very glitchy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic