Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 16,083

Octane

@Ralizah: Have you played TLOU yet? It's in my opinion a lot better than Uncharted. Also, the first Uncharted game isn't the best in the series. It's good, but 2 and 3 are way better.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane: I played TLOU Remastered. It's a good looking game, but the gameplay somehow managed to be less interesting than Uncharted (the obnoxious one-hit kill clickers, the boring plank pushing puzzles, the tedious segments where you have to clear entire areas full of bandits, etc.) and, outside of the fantastic opening sequence, I wasn't really interested in the story or characters. I still haven't played the DLC expansion that came with the game.

I think I'll try playing UC2 soon. I hear it improved on the whole "endless waves of enemies" thing the first game had in droves, and thankfully won't have any of the gimmicky touch-screen combat that was in Golden Abyss.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

TheLastLugia wrote:

Yeah I mean it was funny seeing all the ads for it in the Champions League football matches the other day and thinking "I know what happens in the game already Sony, you don't need to remind me the game exists".

That's because you chose to spoil the game for yourself.

'Oh Sony, please don't show anymore adverts on television because I already know what happens in the game!'

I find people who happily spoils things for themselves a bit odd in all honesty.

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ratchet & Clank is a real eye opener! It's the most visually pleasing game I have ever played.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

NinjaWaddleDee

Everyone here is giving their thoughts on Uncharted, so I'll give mine. Uncharted 2 was my first Ps3 game, and it blew my mind when it came out. I hadn't played the first one before it, but the characters, action, and pacing blew me away.

In my opinion: Uncharted: 7, Uncharted 2: 9.5, Uncharted 3: 8. That's what I would score each game.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Octane

@Ralizah: I see, too bad. I really enjoyed TLOU, I personally think it's a masterpiece. Not sure if you're going to enjoy Uncharted 2 if you're not a fan of those games in general. It's a lot better than the first one, but it's still similar in nature.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane: There were aspects of TLOU that I thought were good. I liked the entire extended sequence where Joel and Ellie's roles switch after Joel gets injured and the player takes on her role as she tries to keep him alive. Also, like I said, the opening sequence was great.

I have very low expectations for anything made by ND at this point, so if Uncharted 2 is improved at all over the original in terms of gameplay and narrative, I'll probably enjoy it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

Oh my! Ratchet & Clank continues to blow me away...

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: I put the blame on the thieves personally, but you're right in that my decision to have the game spoiled was exactly that-my decision, and after seeing it I don't think I regret my decision much. I could've had all of the Uncharted games spoiled for me and my opinion wouldn't have changed much about them, because they're really not telling spectacular stories the likes of which are once in a lifetime experiences, they're pretty basic, uninspiring and by-the-book treasure hunting tales. As I said before, from what I read I'm sure fans of the series will adore the story of Uncharted 4, but that's all I'm going to say specifically about it. I know not everyone is "odd" around here.

Shinion

Octane

@scubydo: What are you looking for? Ever owned a PS3 or Vita? There are some pretty good ports of games from those systems as well.

Octane

Octane

@scubydo: I think I already recommended Valkyria Chronicles Remastered over at PushSquare. That game is coming out this month I believe. I don't play a lot of RPG or strategy games, but I do know plenty of good action and adventure games.

Octane

diwdiws

@scubydo: I recommend looking into shadow of mordor, witcher 3, DAI, bloodborne, MGSV, TLOU, DS3, infamous, batman: arkham knight, tropico 5.

diwdiws

AndyD

diwdiws wrote:

@scubydo: I recommend looking into shadow of mordor, witcher 3, DAI, bloodborne, MGSV, TLOU, DS3, infamous, batman: arkham knight, tropico 5.

Awesome thanks! Dark Souls 3 had my eye. Although the others are cheaper now.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Octane

@scubydo: I would recommend everyone trying out Uncharted. It's one of Sony's flagship franchises. There's a trilogy for the PS4 that contains all three Uncharted games. Uncharted 4 is coming out next week, and it's arguably the most anticipated PS4 game this year. Give the trilogy a try to see if it's anything for you (just a side-note: the first game isn't the best, they get better with every iteration). Might as well recommend The Last of Us then. It's from the same studio, but the game also focusses on stealth, story and survival in addition to just plain action/adventure. It's truly a masterpiece.

Tearaway Unfolded and Gravity Rush are two remasters from the Vita that are very underrated (both games are also budget titles and they can be found for a very good price). Tearaway is a papercraft adventure platformer and Gravity Rush is a pretty cool open world action adventure game where you control gravity. Gravity Rush 2, its sequel, is coming out this year for the PS4 as well.

If you like extremely difficult games; get Bloodborne. It's similar to the Dark Souls franchise, and although Dark Souls 3 just came out, I keep hearing that Bloodborne is still the better game.

There's some indie games you might want to check out as well; Journey is a short, but beautiful adventure. Some people even call it an experience. It's cheap, and it is highly rated; If you haven't played it yet, you might want to give it a shot. There's also Xeodrifter, if you like Metroidvania games, get it. It's not easy, and it's short, but it's worth it.

I'm not sure if you're into platformers, puzzle games and story-driven games, but some of my other personal favourite indie games were: The Witness, Fez, Firewatch and Unravel.

Octane

diwdiws

@scubydo: is this your first souls game? Because it may not be for everybody so it would be good for you to know first what your entering into.

diwdiws

AndyD

diwdiws wrote:

@scubydo: is this your first souls game? Because it may not be for everybody so it would be good for you to know first what your entering into.

well, I tried the first one when it came out several years ago, and liked it. I enjoy those style, like dark souls and Dragons age type.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

IceClimbers

I'd also highly recommend the recently released Ratchet & Clank, which has a budget price.

Also can't recommend The Last of Us enough. Absolute masterpiece of a game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic