Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,521 to 15,540 of 16,083

BruceCM

Hmm, it certainly should do, @WoomyNNYes .... Anything in particular making you sure it never will?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

@BruceCM Just 5 years of drooling over games that don't come to the switch for inexplicable reasons, or copyright/legal issues. Forgive my bitter/skeptical tone. If it comes to the switch, though, great!

...I guess I can't believe it's taken this long for Arcade TMNT to come to any current gen consoles.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @WoomyNNYes .... Good news for me with The DioField Chronicle, it has it's official site with links for Steam & Series as well as PS though

SW-4357-9287-0699

VoidofLight

The DioField Chronicle kinda felt like it was a rip off fire emblem.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Nice to know I wasn't the only one who thought so.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

@WoomyNNYes The TMNT collection is confirmed for Switch. They aren't Disney Afternoon Collection-ing us.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

I've not really cared about these State of Plays unless FFVIIR gets shown, but maybe unsurprisingly, the one explicitly focused on Japanese games was pretty solid.

Someday I really want AAA game companies to notice their big budget games look too similar to each other, when from different companies using different-ish art styles, potentially not even in the same engine. But aside from that, borderline every game looked pretty cool. I especially loved dinosaur portal game. because dinosaurs appeared from a hole in the sky to attack, which automatically makes it the coolest thing I've seen in a video game in a while.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Valkyrie Elysium looks like it could be pretty decent, and while Exoprimal looks fun it's a shame it appears to be co-op centric instead of single player.

Too bad we didn't see more of that EVE game (that character action game that looked Bayonetta-ish, but maybe a bit more sci-fi).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

VoidofLight

@RR529 I thought EVE was a new NieR when it first got revealed, given the gameplay looked fairly similar, and the main character had a pod-like ally.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

Valkyrie Elysium is confirmed for Steam as well as PS, so that's the best State of Play I've ever seen .... They usually make us Steam people wait forever for that version

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

Things for PS5 fans must seem kind of dire when a TMNT Collection is the best part of your Sony presentation.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

kkslider5552000

Magician wrote:

Things for PS5 fans must seem kind of dire when a TMNT Collection is the best part of your Sony presentation.

the best parts of the last Nintendo Direct was also mostly older games so shrugs

XandertheWise

Bought WWE 2K22 for my Playstation 4. Im still playing WWE 19 though since i still have stuff to do in MyCareer and Daniel bryan showcase and still enjoying Universe in WWE 19 where my CAW is having fueds with seth rollings with promos etc. And i beat seth rollins for the Intercontinental title at the extreme rules ppv

XandertheWise

kkslider5552000

So at least as far as I read, the most expensive PS Plus tier will have retro games...with cloud streaming. Which if true, likely means NSO is now the blatantly superior retro gaming service. I don't say that lightly.

Anti-Matter

So far, I enjoy Overcooked All You Can Eat PS4 as Assist Mode is really help me to proceed further until the last world (World 6) since it requires smaller quantity of stars compared with the original version. I like to do Freestyle when I have 10 seconds to spare by throwing the ingredients to trash bin or bottomless pit or dive to the lava or water until the time is up.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Magician

The new prime access is live on Warframe. Time to dive back in for a week or two to grind out those mastery points. I probably should get around to playing the New War but meh...I'm not in a hurry. The rewards for completing the quest just don't interest me.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 My understanding is that PS1/PS2/PSP games should be downloadable, with PS3 being the only fully cloud-only category due to the difficulty of emulating those games.

Magician

@Ralizah @kkslider5552000

The whole Playstation Plus Premium situation is hilarious. I'm not paying $18/month or $120/year to play PS1/PS2/PSP games locally or to stream PS3 games. Even if by some miracle Sony opted to make Phantasy Star Portable 2 available to play again, I still wouldn't do it. Sony Ponies are out of their minds if they feel PS+P is in any way a comparable value to Game Pass.

Edited on by Magician

Ralizah

@Magician Well, the retro titles are in addition to the Game Pass-like system they're going to implement, which apparently includes even recent first-party titles like Returnal and Miles Morales, the PS Plus Collection, and presumably the usual monthly games.

If they include all of their older first-party stuff (including bringing new first-party games to the service after a year or so on the market), a healthy range of third-party titles, and bring over their massive PS Classics line (including PSP now, apparently), I think it's not a terrible deal.

First-party games 100% need to stay on the service, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic