Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,501 to 15,520 of 16,083

Ralizah

@jump Hard to argue the value proposition of waiting for these Sony exclusives to crater in price and come included with their expansion.

If the PS4 version ships with gyro aim like the PS5 version does, though, I'll probably get it soon. Visually, it's really close to the PS5 version (just at a lower resolution). A true technical marvel.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Even though I said I would wait for $70 games I made an exception for Horizon due to it including gyro aiming. And my desire to support that overrides my desire to not support $70 games.

When in resolution mode (4k 30fps) the gyro feels stuttery. Just a bit, but enough to not feel butter smooth. Yet in framerate mode (1800p 60fps I think) the gyro feels sooo good. Muah! So freaking good.

And I love it because of it. It's amazing how much more fun games are when they're not hamstrung by inadequate control schemes. I never finished the first game (was waiting on SteamDeck for that) so it kinda sucks the beginning of the game gave away all the spoilers. Like, ALL of the spoilers. No matter. I'm just happy the game has Gyro.

The rumble is also very good. Not as good as Returnal, but still pretty good.

edit
After playing through the first boss last night, I can say the gyro isn't perfect. There's a weird deceleration issue similar to what God of War had on Steam. But as long as you don't crank the sensitivity and don't jerk the controller super fast, it works fine. The issue started rearing its head when the sensitivity was almost maxed out.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zuljaras

Finally decided and ordered a nice thermal paste for my Pro. I hope I do it right and not kill my PS4

I noticed that on some heavy games (Spider-Man, Village etc.) it ramps up more than before.

Snatcher

I played HZD for the first time today......I'm hooked and I'm so sorry for past me for not trying this sooner.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

I tried getting into Horizon Zero Dawn, but I couldn't. I think I probably would've had a better time if I didn't play BotW before it, but I just couldn't get hooked to it. It could also be that I just don't really enjoy the more cinematic Western blockbuster type games, so something like doesn't resonate with me as much as a JRPG would, or as much as BotW did.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Maybe it was because I wasn't the biggest BOTW lover. So I really didn't think I would be loving this game as much as I i'm.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras TBH, I have no idea if it was a ps plus thing, or ps now, but it didn't look like it was, it looked like it was owned, so I have no idea how long that was in there LOL.

Zuljaras

I have just successfully changed the thermal paste of my PS4 Pro and played some Resident Evil Village and Spider-Man. It no longer ramps up and become noisy! It is wonderful!

I am also appalled by the factory thermal compound! It was not even covering the whole chip!

Buizel

Anyone playing Horizon Forbidden West yet?

I've managed to maybe get 2 hours in and first impressions...are kinda underwhelming. There's way too much emphasis on climbing (I don't remember climbing being much of a thing in the first game? But it's been 5 years...) and the climbing is just...not fun (and this is coming from an Uncharted fan!).

Trying to reserve judgment for now, as I remember the first game starting a bit slow as well. I'm looking forward to when the world opens up and when I obtain more combat skills as these were by far the strengths of the first game IMO.

At least 2'8".

Octane

@Buizel I don't think the opening was really good. I'm level 15 now (10+ hours in?), and it's a lot better than the prologue.

Octane

Buizel

@Octane good to hear I'm not the only one. It's a shame for a good game to have a poor opening, but I suppose they can't just throw us into everything at once. It doesn't help that I'm not big on the story and don't remember a single character outside of Aloy.

The first boss was pretty decent at least! And gyro is a very welcome addition.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Octane

@Buizel lol, same here. I remember Aloy, and Sylens and Rost, but that's it. The game throws a bunch of characters at you in the beginning and expects you to remember it all.

The story so far is more interesting than the first one. I was never big on the story of the first game (pretty standard post-apocalyptic sci-fi story if you ask me), but this one has a fun twist I think.

Octane

TommyTendo

I'm going to brush dust off of my PS5 this weekend and try out Elden Ring.
I've heard good stuff about it.

Anti-Matter

I got Rango PS3 from Tokopedia this afternoon and have reached Zombie Invasion chapter. That was pretty fast. I think i can finish the game tomorrow.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Started Final Fantasy XV again, because I decided to buy the game proper instead of renewing my PS+ subscription. It's as good as I remember it; the game's so rich and detailed, and the dynamic between the four heroes is something most games can't hold a candle to at all.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Exoprimal.... Ghostwire Tokyo is coming to Steam as well & has a free prologue up now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

Anthem+Dinos= I have no idea what I saw but I love it!.

BruceCM

Whatever they called it looks a lot like a new Final Fantasy Tactics game .... Wow, that'd better be coming to Steam eventually

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

How much do we want to bet this never comes to the Switch? Even though it has gameboy and NES games on it. Not trying to troll, but I don't have a good feeling about this coming to the Switch.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic