Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,281 to 15,300 of 16,083

Octane

@TheFrenchiestFry High Republic is 300 years before OG stuff. Yoda is in it, but that's it I think. High Republic isn't necessarily Jedi in their prime, just the inner systems. The outer rim is pretty much uncharted territory for them.

Old Republic is 4000 years before the the OG Star Wars IIRC, so I don't think there's much connection between the two.

Octane

VoidofLight

@Octane I think that the High Republic stuff also makes it clear that it takes place before the sith were around, but I could be mistaken.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

Honestly, in my eyes, the old republic stuff is more canon than the high republic, since it fits more from what the original trilogy and prequels are.

BruceCM

Nah, I'm happy with my PC for games there, @JaxonH .... I never even get out with my Switch Lite, either, so the only reason I keep that is for exclusives! I hope Steam Deck does well, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Honestly I play Switch Lite more at home than I do at work. It's just a more personal experience on handheld vs a TV. And, it's far more convenient to jump in and out. With a Lite beside me, I just grab it, hit the home button to wake it and I'm back in the game, then when I've had my fill, tap the power button to activate sleep mode again. That low barrier to entry + more personal experience results in me playing more often. It can be a chore turning on the TV, the PC (which has to be done with the power button on the system itself), switching tv inputs, switching the USB Switcher input for the headphone DAC, plugging in headphones, grabbing controller, maximizing Steam window, finding game and relaunching it, loading save, etc.

It's not as bad as it sounds. Usually it takes like 60-90 seconds to get everything going. But it's still a barrier of entry that oftentimes results in me just grabbing the Lite instead. That's why SteamDeck will be so useful. In and Out Burger at its finest.

With PS and Xbox having no interest portable devices let alone hybrid devices with gyro, publishing their games on Steam in lieu of the upcoming SteamDeck has been a Godsend. It's basically going to be a portable PS5 and portable Series X.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

@Octane Actually, the more I think about it, the High Republic doesn’t screw much up, given the Jedi got cocky due to the sith being “obliterated”, and the high republic happens closer to the prequels, where the sith had been seemingly extinct for ages.

BruceCM

Yeah, if I didn't already have a PC, I'd probably get the Deck instead, @JaxonH .... As it is, I'm quite happy with my PC for now at least but I certainly see advantages to people who don't have a PC as well as those who do want to play portably for it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Octane

@VoidofLight I presume they are present in KOTOR then? Either way, I haven't played it, so I'm looking forward to the remake, curious to see some gamplay. Did they say 2021?

The Jedi Fallen Order sequel is coming next year I believe, so it's going to be a good year for Star Wars.

Octane

BruceCM

There are indeed Sith in KotOR, @Octane .... We'll see what changes they make to it but I imagine it will be pretty faithful, since the original is so well regarded

SW-4357-9287-0699

VoidofLight

@Octane They didn't give a date for KoTOR, but yeah, sith exist then. I believe they all pretty much get wiped out between the events of KoTOR and the prequels, so I don't see why they couldn't just make KoTOR canon, as it doesn't exactly interfere with the Disney starwars stuff.

BruceCM

Hmm, iirc, some of the big story bits from the game have been referenced in the later films, so perhaps they intend to use this opportunity to fit it in better?

SW-4357-9287-0699

kkslider5552000

So apparently Death Loop is amazing. Well that's good to know, its a shame they spent 600 trailers not telling anyone why though.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

I never thought Deathloop would suck honestly. Arkane, especially Lyon, hasn't put out a bad game at all in my eyes yet. Love Dishonored and I knew I'd probably dig this

Although, definitely getting it on PC and not PS5. Just feels better on mouse/keyboard

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

The wait is almost over, the big PS5 update including stuff like SSD support is coming tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Lucasfilm and Sony have very different definitions for what "console exclusive at launch" means. So many goddamn conflicting statements

I hear, "on PS5 as a console exclusive at launch, and then PC", or 'it's launching simultaneously" or "it's timed" like make up your minds

Untitled

If it's console exclusive to PS5, just say that Sony/Lucasfilm/Aspyr. Don't pull that "at launch" sh*t because you're all saying like different things at the same time that are conflicting with other people's reports

TheFrenchiestFry

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Looking forward to the 3D audio stuff for TVs.

Yeah, I know I should really get a sound bar at this point, maybe this holiday season...

Octane

TheFrenchiestFry

Sony literally just tweeted on THEIR OWN account that it was exclusive to PS5/PC again

Can someone just make like a definitive statement lmao this is tiring to see

TheFrenchiestFry

BruceCM

Well, as long as they keep saying 'PC' .....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic