Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,061 to 15,080 of 16,084

TheFrenchiestFry

@Losermagnet I think the last time they did the beta test the actual update launched within like a matter of weeks for general users, so I'd expect something similar here. These kinds of programs are used to just gauge feedback from those registered for testing out update-specific features so it's likely in the final stages of being polished up before being sent out

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Losermagnet

@TheFrenchiestFry thats good to know. I'm glad I waited 'cause I was gonna go HDD at first. It seems like PS5 games are gonna have some heafty installation requirements

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Tendo64

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is so much fun right now

Peter has a sort of elegance in the way he traverses New York but Miles just feels a bit more fluid and fun to control with all the stuff you can do like using his bioelectricity for a quick boost in distance or the trick system

Insomniac just gets these characters

Bought this when i picked up my console a couple weeks back. Played it briefly before launching into Ratchet...almost finished with that then i'll be all-in on it. Insomniac have really hit a couple of home runs with PS5 titles so far!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

TheFrenchiestFry

YO GUYS YOU WANNA BUY SKYRIM AGAIN

TheFrenchiestFry

Buizel

@kkslider5552000 Honestly when I hear complaints that we don't have a Switch pro and that the Switch is missing out on major third party games...this comes to mind. What significant titles are coming out this year that the Switch is missing out on?

That said, it's shocking that the Switch still doesn't have GTA V.

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

@Buizel Resident Evil Village and Back 4 Blood are the only big 2021 multiplatform games that come to mind that couldn't run on the Switch though there is a bunch of big games that aren't on Switch but could probably run on Switch like GTAV and Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

I imagine most of the talk is thinking about the future, 2022-2023 seems to be when PS4/XB1 support starts to disappear so Switch support would follow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Buizel

Tales of Arise.
RE Village.
Mass Effect collection.
NieR Replicant.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Buizel Tales, Scarlet Nexus, RE Village, Far Cry 6, Dying Light 2, Guilty Gear Strive, NiER Replicant, Psychonauts 2, Back 4 Blood, FFVII Remake Intergrade

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

I was really shocked when I saw Psychonauts 2 listed on the PS store. I hadnt heard anything about it in years and then it was just.....there.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Losermagnet It's like coming out in 5 days too it's insane

Likely still coming to PS as a holdover from the fact it was in development as a multiplat game before the Microsoft buyout

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, Ghost of Tsushima got delisted so the only way to buy the base game is to buy the Director's Cut version. Makes me more convinced that TLoU 2 is getting a Director's Cut soon as the price dropped to £12.99.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@TheFrenchiestFry @Ralizah @Grumblevolcano Meh maybe it's my taste in gaming these days but in the grand scheme of things those titles not coming to Switch doesn't mean much to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm keen on Tales of Arise and Final Fantasy VII Intergrade (in fact, FFVII remake was my GOTY last year and is my favourite FF of all time...but Switch wouldn't be getting this game anyway regardless of power). But the Switch is getting enough third party games that I don't really care about what it's not getting.

It is quite the shame that Mass Effect didn't come to Switch though. I'm sure they could've ported it if they really wanted to.

@Losermagnet I literally only just learnt this! I'm sure they could also port it Switch if they really wanted to, but I guess PS4 is already a stretch.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

TheFrenchiestFry

@Buizel I wouldn't get your hopes up about Psychonauts 2 considering Double Fine is 100% Microsoft property now and are probably working on their next project specifically for Xbox anyway

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

@Buizel @TheFrenchiestFry The lack of fanfare for its release concerns me a bit. I'm a fan of Doublefine, but I know sometimes their games can be a little iffy. I always thought that the original Psychonauts was janky.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Losermagnet I think it's the fact it's just been in development for so long it's less "IT'S FINALLY COMING OUT" and more like "...it's finally coming out?"

It's actually been present at like every Xbox E3 for the last few years and some other venues like the Game Awards, so it's not like they were slacking on trying to publicize it, it's just taken a bit too long for some that have just put it mentally under the radar

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

@TheFrenchiestFry Ah that makes sense. I pay very little attention to Sony news, and basically no attention to Microsoft news so that's why it seems that way to me.

As for the re-releases of older games - I often find myself hoping more for a remaster of something from 5-15 years ago than a new release in most cases. That's sort of a depressing realization.

Ralizah

@Buizel The rhetoric from some corners about how third party support is just going to dry up as next-gen gets going has always baffled me. Pretty much every major AAA franchise from third parties, outside of bespoke exclusives like MH Rise, older games, and the occasional "miracle port," is skipping Nintendo's console anyway, and has since the beginning. If that wasn't a problem years ago, then I don't see why it'd be a problem now.

It'll be nice to eventually get a more powerful Nintendo system, of course, but the games that go to Switch are going to keep going to Switch, and the games that skip the system will continue to skip the system.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic