Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,041 to 15,060 of 16,084

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheJGG Probably not picking it up immediately as I'm already enjoying the 60fps benefit of the original game on PS5. It'll be a while before I feel like getting into the Iki Island expansion

Same with Death Stranding DC. Not gonna pick that one up at launch either

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

Abandoned more like Scambandoned ha gotem

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheJGG I've waited this long. I think GoT is officially in $10/PS+ or bust territory for me now. Which has paid off so far: Days Gone and SotC became available on PS+, and I got both Horizon ZD and GoW for $10.

It's only a matter of time before Ghost of Sashimi + the expansion go on sale together for $10. And when they do, I'll be there.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is so much fun right now

Peter has a sort of elegance in the way he traverses New York but Miles just feels a bit more fluid and fun to control with all the stuff you can do like using his bioelectricity for a quick boost in distance or the trick system

Insomniac just gets these characters

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

Don’t mind me. Just came to vent about this STUPID PS5, the most buggy and frustrating console ever designed in the history of video games.

Just had to do an entire FACTORY RESET, all because the system can’t even handle downloading games without permanent, unfixable errors. And this isn’t even the first time this has happened.

I bought a new OLED TV and Dolby Atmos soundbar, and thought hmmm, sure would be nice to have some new content to enjoy with it. Played some Spiderman, which I had to start over btw, because I didn’t have PS+ and didn’t think about backing up saves first (I like the humor Peter has btw, I actually chuckled at Spider-Cop narration). Anyways. I read Final Fantasy VII REMAKE has really great surround from behind, even without Dolby Atmos (because of course, PS5 can’t do Dolby Atmos, or Dolby Vision, or DTS:X, or even their own proprietary 3D audio through anything other than headphones, or Variable Refresh Rate… despite the fact Xbox can do all the above… it’s just like their stubborn insistence on HD-DVD and Vita MemCards, I don’t get it).

So I buy the game because sure, I was gonna wait for Steam, but I want good audio now, today, and the game was on sale, so why not. I’ll just double dip later, I thought. But for some reason I get an error when it tries to install the Intergrade Update. And no matter what I do I cannot clear this error or resume the download. Nothing works. I tried rebooting into safe mode and rebuilding the database, I tried rebooting into safe mode again and clearing the software cache, I tried resetting everything to default and then rebuilding the database and resetting the cache all over again… nothing works. Absolute nothing. Searched every help forum I could find, looked up the error code- all they offer is “make sure you update the firmware”. Ya, no. It’s up to date.

So, I had no choice but to do a complete factory reset and get everything set up again and redownloaded from scratch. Un… believable. If this had been the first time I might be able to brush it off (though even having to factory reset once is too many times), but I ran into this issue with Ghosts of Tsushima also, back when I got the system. It’s been nine months and it’s still encountering these kinds of errors and issues that can’t be solved barring a factory reset.

I don’t mean to come in here and crap all over the system because I honestly do love this system when it’s working. The controller is great and the interface is great (I don’t care what anyone says, I love the new UI) and the 3D audio is really good for headphones.

But I’ve just reached a point of frustration with PS5 in the last 24 hours that I didn’t even know was possible. As soon as I bought the new OLED TV and Sennheiser Ambeo I was all excited, thinking PS5 would be able to take advantage of VRR like Xbox Series does… nope. I thought OK, well surely it at least does Dolby Atmos like Xbox does, right? Nope. OK, well I can just play their 3D audio through the soundbar then, right? Nope. And then I run into an error that requires a factory reset to fix it. Like a tsunami of aggravation.

Anyways, rant over. I’m working on re-downloading all my games right now. Thankfully I unplugged my SATA SSD that has my digital PS4 exclusive collection so those games don’t need to be redownloaded, so it’s not nearly as bad as it could’ve been. It definitely helps that I only have half a dozen PS5 exclusive games to redownload. But if this happens three or four years from now when I’ve got way more games? This is gonna be a nightmare to deal with.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

Jeez, that's all the launch window console woes in one really agitated rant. Honestly startling how common this apparently is since I've been fortunate enough to not have those issues

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

I’m over it now. Got all my games reinstalled, and this time it worked. But ya, this console is really up and down. High highs and low lows. When it works, it works incredibly well. And if you use it in a specific way, such as with headphones for 3D audio, the lack of Dolby Atmos doesn’t even matter. I heard they were going to release an update where their 3D audio can be used for external speakers. Hopefully that comes sooner than later. Lack of VRR sucks, because if it had it we could have 120 FPS in every game, and if it dipped to 90-100 it wouldn’t matter. As it stands, it’s pretty much gonna have to be 60 locked across the board, unless it’s a relatively undemanding game. Not the biggest deal in the world because I’m perfectly happy with 60 on a power console, but after experiencing 120 in MH Stories 2 on Steam, I’m starting to realize the appeal.

Anyways, started Returnal and, so far the game is alright. But the rumble is, by far, the best of any game I’ve ever played, and it’s not even close. I am incredibly impressed by the use of HD rumble in most exclusives. It makes me wish Nintendo did a better job with it themselves. They do OK sometimes but nothing that’s ever come close to what I just felt in Returnal. THAT is how you do rumble.

Finally got through the first hour or two of Spiderman again, which is like the third time now I’ve had to play through the first few hours of the game. Once on PS4, again on PS5, and then again today losing my save (I started a new game on PS5 the first time because it had been so long since I’ve played). I’m enjoying it more and more. Definitely a worthy to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Batman Arkham games.

Had to start over in FFVIIR again, too. I just don’t play PS enough to justify paying for their annual membership, but this is not the first time I’ve lost save data by not having cloud saves. So I went onto CD keys and bought an annual subscription for $39. I can’t go without cloud saves anymore. Can’t do it. Won’t do it. Hopefully the discounts buying 1st party games in sales will at least help break even long term.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
So, PS5 Fat still have some serious issue in term of firmware update ?

Anti-Matter

TheFrenchiestFry

@JaxonH The PS5 haptics makes HD Rumble honestly feel like tech from 2 gens ago. I've had them enabled for both Spider-Man Miles Morales and the remaster of the first game and they just feel super satisfying on the triggers when you do stuff like increase your altitude while web swinging or chaining Miles' regular combos with his venom blasts. Sony's done an excellent job showing off how this could be more additive to the experience all around

Returnal is a lot of fun as well. Very in line with what Housemarque usually does gameplay and style-wise. Has a super arcadey feel that reminds me of their Super Stardust games

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

@TheFrenchiestFry
It does add to the experience. Spiderman had good use, they've all had good use, but nothing that made me feel like it's on another level... until Returnal opening sequence, anyways. That was genuinely impressive. I wish all games could have rumble like that. Unfortunately I don't think Nintendo follows other games. Somebody needs to sit all the big devs down, shove a Dualsense in their hand, play that opening sequence and say, "make your rumble feel like that".

Edited on by JaxonH

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter Played a couple of the Skylanders games back when Toys-2-Life was at it's peak. My son had Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Amiibo (he still buys the odd Amiibo). They were decent enough games as I remember - nothing ground-breaking, but pretty enjoyable. Can you still pick up the toys for reasonable prices? I remember stores in the UK were basically giving them away at the end.

dmcc0

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry Mentioned it before but both consoles should've launched in holiday 2021. Series X|S more because of the software side and PS5 more because of the hardware side.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@dmcc0
I live in Indonesia and I found there were quite a lot Skylanders figurines with decent to quite expensive prices. Some Skylanders softwares were quite difficult to find here in Indonesia but the Giants on PS3 version was quite a lot available in Indonesia.
Last 2 week I got Skylanders Swap Force Wii version + 3 starter figurines for IDR 283,000 or US$ 19.96 , Spyro's Adventure PS3 version + 3 starter figurines for IDR 253,000 or US$ 17.61 and last week I got Skylanders Swap Force PS3 software for IDR 190,000 or US$ 13.22, Skylanders Superchargers Racing software (Almost Brand New condition) for IDR 90,000 or US$ 6.26
That was very bargain prices. 😃
I will get Trap Team on Wii U version for next month.

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter I didn't even remember there were that many Skylanders games. I think we had the Spyro one and I remember having a couple of the figurines that split in the middle - I'm guessing that must have been Swap Force. I don't think we had any of the Giants, although it does sound familiar so maybe just had the starter pack or something.
I recall some of the figurines selling for 1GBP approx IDR 20000 here - their value just dropped like a stone once the craze died down here.

dmcc0

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano We can probably determine whether launching in 2021 was a better call to make if Halo Infinite actually ends up being good. It still doesn't help Microsoft's case when most of the big titles they announced last year are either 2022 or even further out. Hellblade 2 was announced alongside the Series X and still doesn't even have a release window

TheFrenchiestFry

Slinkoy1

Does anybody know wether or not hogwarts legeacy will be coming to ps4? Was quite hyped for the game when it got revealed but I just don’t know what consoles it’s coming to

Hi

TheFrenchiestFry

@Slinkoy1 PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC

Everything last and current gen.

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

Evidently there's a beta going on for the PS5 SSD update. When do y'all think the launch will occur? I hope when it does happen they make some other adjustments. It bummed me out that i couldn't make folders anymore.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic