Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,021 to 15,040 of 16,083

JaxonH

Went with the EK heatsink. Here it is in all its 2TB glory

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

Stray looks REALLY good

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

EdwardElric

@TheFrenchiestFry I know right? I don't even like cats that much but it looks really cute.

FMA is the best anime ever made. Don't @ me especially if you like SAO more.

RR529

I've been playing Disaster Report 4, and while I don't mind the budget visuals & fps stutters, my goodness is it a slow game (not related to performance issues, your character simply moves as slow as a snail for some reason). Certainly an interesting game though, even if it's not something most would consider "good".

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@JaxonH Looks good, does it fit? How much was it?

Stray looks nice, but somehow the robots bother me. Kinda wish it was just set in a regular place instead of a weird fantasy world.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Haven’t tried inserting it since they haven’t patched in the functionality yet, but I used my digital caliper to take measurements once assembled and it meets spec. Total thickness < 11.25mm. It’s 9.5mm but the thickest part from clip band to top logo is 10.6. The total distance from underside of circuit board to bottom < 2.45mm, in fact it’s 1.8mm, and the total distance from top side of circuit board to top < 8mm, caliper depth reading precisely 6.9.

The cost of the 2TB NVMe shown is currently $390 (best to grab in a sale)

https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Internal-Gaming-MZ-V8P2T0B-AM/...

The cost of the heatsink shown is about $16.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RHHYCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_...

And I do really like this heatsink. EKWB is a well known brand for heatsinks for PC community. Although I’m sure others will work too, several of which are $9.99 or even less. I think you get what you pay for though.

I am skeptical about this panel which seals the NVMe inside though. It seems like a recipe to cook the NVMe drive controller and NAND chips. There’s no air flow- conduction works fine via heatsink, but there’s no convection for the heat to then dissipate. Heatsinks work by air moving between the fins. A tiny trapped compartment just looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

I think I’m going to leave the panel off, which will allow the hot air to escape, and with the fan nearby it should keep the air circulating underneath the outer console shell and by the NVMe drive bay.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

@Kirby_EU

That's unfortunate, I've already played all three games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheFrenchiestFry

Am I the only one not feeling the new Demon's Souls OST? Sounds like they tried way too hard to make it Bloodborne-y.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry Doesn't surprise me. Dark Souls 3 looks way more Bloodborne-y than previous entries as well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Losermagnet

@TheFrenchiestFry thats disappointing to here. I cant recall a single thing about Bloodborne's soundtrack, yet all 3 Dark Souls have tracks I've listened to outside of playing the game. Especially the first DS.

@Ralizah It is very Bloodborney. I've been playing through it lately and I constantly have this feeling that certain things (enemies, areas, etc.) were leftovers from Bloodborne.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Ralizah

@Losermagnet Outside of Sekiro, most of their recent games have kind of blended together into an indistinguishable mass to me as a non-fan.

Elden Ring seriously just looks like Dark Souls with a horse and more open-ended level design.

Losermagnet

@Ralizah that's a fair assessment. I've been playing through Fromsoft's games this year and, at about 4 games in, i'm feeling pretty fatigued. They've all been slight variations of the same gameplay and themes. Haven't played Sekiro yet though.

I'm about 50/50 on Elden Ring. It....looks exactly like Dark Souls 😑 I don't know why they bothered pushing it as their George R.R. Martin collab when it looks like they could've come up with it on their own.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Ralizah

@Losermagnet Branding. GRRM is still extremely well-known, and, at the time the "collab" was announced, GoT's popularity was at an all-time high. It got people talking, and probably contributed heavily to the intense level of hype this title managed to generate. Based on interviews, though, it sounds like he was barely involved with this project. He wrote some myths and background material for FromSoft, but otherwise, he doesn't seem like he knows much about it. And, yeah, gameplay just looks like Dark Souls again.

It's kinda like one of those movies where the top-billed actor is barely in it for five minutes before getting killed off. Still gets people to associate your movie with that actor. Probably a similar dynamic with Elden Ring and GRRM.

Edited on by Ralizah

JoyBoy

The fromsoft games are actually quite different if you compare it to most series. DS2 I wouldn't count cause it's made by a different group altogether and DS3, while being a great game, was more of a fan request than a passion project so it's kind of an outlier really.

So you have DS, bloodborne and Sekiro which are all very different games in terms of atmosphere and approach to combat.
They are probably the most consistent developer out there right now in terms of output while maintaining high quality.

Personally for me, the music is great, especially in bloodborne if you count the dlc(which is a must).

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JoyBoy

Incidentally, a day before the news came out about the merge, I cancelled my Crunch subscription, due to stuff I'm interested in not being available in Europe. I wonder if Sony has any power to remove any of these discrepancies. Probably not.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Anti-Matter

Yo, first time i played Skylanders games on PS3 (and Wii also). 😀
Untitled

To tell you, i didn't even have any interest with Skylanders games at all 5 years ago (2016) until year 2021 after i have expanded my horizons by more cartoonish Western games, i found Skylanders games were quite interesting to play after some deliberation and watching the gameplay from Youtube.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Ahh... Ghost of Tsushima's just around the corner; anyone excited for that?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic