Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,181 to 14,200 of 16,082

redd214

@Dezzy looks great! But yeah imagining this running on the OG eraser and VCR from 2013 is painful to even think about lol! Really hope the next gen patch doesn't take too too long but those folks need a break more importantly

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

Which is the eraser and which is the VCR?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Maybe it's just YouTube, but it looks kinda fuzzy.

Octane

Slinkoy1

Here’s a question, would anybody recommend persona 5 royal? I want to get it, but don’t know if it would be good or not, and if somebody can recommend it, does the age rating for m go really well with the game or not make sense.

Hi

GilbertXI

@Slinkoy1 that's...actually quite difficult to say. It really comes down to what you are looking for. I'd personally recommend it, but I do know some people( who otherwise love Persona and MegaTen) that dislike Persona 5. I think you need to do some research yourself, watch some gameplay videos, trailers, whatnot, so you can form your own opinions without the diehard fanboys or the angry critics trying to convert you. But definite rule of thumb is get royal and don't worry about the og at all.

Now about the M rating. There's no explicit sexual content, except for maybe some of the designs of demons, Mara and Lucifer come to mind. And it does take place in a high school, to say anything, but...there's, erm...suggestions, to put it lightly. Violence is pretty tame for an M-rated game. Some pools of blood, splatters, and if course, for Joker's neutral special, he wields a gun. I may be forgetting something, but thats all there is. There are heavy topics it touches on, abuse, suicide, depression, things like that, the whole game is basically about infiltrating peoples minds and helping them with internal struggles( there's more than that, but it's a main point in the gameplay and story). Overall, I think if a person has taken health class and takes it seriously, they will be fine, if that is what you are worried about.

TL:DR I'd definitely recommend it, but do your own research, and the game is bordering on the edge of M, a 14 year old would be fine, but maybe not a 10 year old or something.

Hope this helps.

GilbertXI

Anti-Matter

@Slinkoy1
I will say No.
Age rating DOES matter.
I would suggest you to play the games until rated Teen for your brain safety. Think about what contents you want to see and recorded permanently inside your brain (core memory)

My suggestions of Everyone 10+ / Teen PS4 games :
1. Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 (Teen, PEGI 12)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2 (Everyone 10+ , PEGI 7)
3. Portal Knights (Everyone 10+, PEGI 7)
4. Evoland: Legendary Edition (Everyone 10+, PEGI 12)
5. The Sims 4 (Teen, PEGI 12)

Don't force yourself to play gritty games or you will regret for remembering the gritty things inside your brain that will stay forever.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Slinkoy1 Persona 5 Royal is fantastic if you enjoy turn-based JRPGs. It's one of the most stylish games ever made, and the mix of dungeon-crawling and life-sim stuff is truly addicting. There's a reason it scored so highly critically, and has sold millions of copies commercially.

As to the rating... the game deals with a lot of adult themes, as it's primarily about a group of teenagers who fight back against adults in positions of entrenched authority who abuse their power. There's (implied; never actually shown) sexual assault and abuse of high school students, criminality, government corruption, attempted suicide, etc. If you've ever watched a news story in the last few years, then you've probably heard worse. There's some blood, but the violence is EXTREMELY stylized and not at all brutal or realistic. There's some profanity, I guess, but nothing obnoxious.

These games usually get saddled with M ratings because a particular Persona named Mara is portrayed as a penis in a chariot. In this particular game, the first dungeon deals with an adult teacher objectifying his female students, so there's sexualized imagery to match the theme. It does something very similar to the classic Silent Hill 2, in that regard.

These are some of the few M-rated games I'd almost wholeheartedly recommend to everyone who is a young teenager or older, as they deal with children coming-of-age, learning moral responsibility, confronting their own demons and (particularly in P5) the structural flaws of the world they inhabit.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jedgamesguy

@Slinkoy1 Very much. Too much! It gives you a ton of value for your money, since Royal will easily take ninety hours to finish. The story is really meaty and the characters are really well written. Combat's challenging, but vastly rewarding too, and the whole game is stylish to a tee. I think like Horizon Zero Dawn it's rated a bit higher than it should. I'm English and have the PAL copy, and it's rated 16. A bit of swearing, some lewd jokes here and there, but it's nothing that'll scar you for life.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

Well, this could explain some of the crashing. Not good news

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-GDDR6-memory-reac...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GilbertXI

So, thinking about Thanksgiving, I start remembering about Fat Princess, whatever happened to that? I've never played any of them, I just know there was one released early in the ps4s lifespan, and nothing else I can remember from then on. Same could be said about Ape Escape and Killzone, but it doesn't take a detective to figure out what happened to Killzone.

Edit: so there are only two Fat Princess games, for some reason I thought there were more than that. Guess that sort of answers my question.

Edited on by GilbertXI

GilbertXI

Octane

@GilbertXI I didn't even know there was one for the PS4, but the reviews are mixed, it it somehow looks worse than the PS3 game.

Octane

RR529

Been playing Dragon Quest Heroes the past few weeks(end)s, but I'm not really feeling it. I like DQ, and like the other licensed Warriors titles I've played, but this one just doesn't have that same gameplay hook (there's no base capturing or running all over the map for pop up objectives or anything like that). Rather, almost every mission sees you protecting one specific object, (such as a gate, World Tree root, or a person) usually on one side or the middle of the map, from waves of enemies that bear down on it. You earn monster medals upon defeating foes, which you can use to summon defeated mooks to the battlefield on your side, and you have to strategically place them around the object you're protecting to stem the onslaught while you go out and kill the stronger foes that are summoning the waves. I DO like the boss fights, which are more involved than the typical Warriors fare, but they naturally only cap off an area's missions.

I rarely drop games (I think FFIX on Switch is the is the only other game I've dropped this year, and that was months ago), but think I'm going the same here, at least for the time being.

In light of that I've finally decided to download Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (I know 6 is out, but from what I understand 5 has more DLC costumes, a huge chunk of which are free for the Last Round release), which I'm just going to be dipping in and out of since I can only really play my PS4 on the weekends anyways.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Coincidentally, i will buy Dragon Quest Heroes 1 PS4 after i curious with the cover and watch some video gameplay from Youtube.
I felt the gameplay was very similar with Dynasty Warrior as i have experienced the action battle from Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2.
Not really sure to pick DQH 2 as the male protagonist appearance looks like Bede from Pokemon Sword with his curly hair and almost same eye shape as Bede, not really good looking male protagonist for my taste. Still prefer Luceus than Lazarel.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Ok I just saw a TV advert for Cyberpunk. It's 100% releasing on the 10th. No way would they start a TV ad campaign if it wasn't.

Octane

@Dezzy It always was releasing on the 10th. They already printed the discs, and you can't store games in bulk indefinitely. I'm certain that the delay was already very expensive, but there was no way they could afford another delay.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I'm not sure the word "always" is correct there. It's been delayed like 3 times.

BruceCM

Apart from it was originally going to be in April, then a couple of weeks ago, @Octane .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

@Dezzy @BruceCM I meant it as in since the last delay. They weren't going to delay it another time, because when they announced the last delay, the games were already printed.

Octane

BruceCM

Yeah, still nice to have further confirmation with ads, @Octane ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic