Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,301 to 11,320 of 16,083

Daloblast

Not even gonna bother with the march ps+ games. Just stick with the ones I have and my switch.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

RR529

@redd214, "Give me a Balance", which I'd assume is "normal". The others were "Give me a Story", "Give me a Challenge", & "Give me God of War".

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

I have no idea where all the hype for it came from. I remember the original being successful, but not to the extent that people were going so crazy over the wait for the sequel.

Yep, the original sold 15 million over its lifetime. Which is really good. But it looks like this game might double it.

Like I said in another comment, I really think the success of GTA5 is the only thing that can explain this level of success. People saw this as being kind of part of the same spiritual series, which it kinda is. I bet if they release another Bully game next, that will do really well too.
All of those series are quite similar.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WebHead

Tbh I'd prefer sony just kill IGC and focus on PS Now and include Now with Plus.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Daloblast

@WebHead I would like to see ps now with ps+. You could get a lot more games

Daloblast

redd214

@Octane quick Google search says its now only €14.99 so you're pretty far off bud.

I do hope the bundle them in the future though. A ps plus "premier" with plus/now for $120ish a year would be awesome!

redd214

Octane

@redd214 They've dropped the price a lot in that case. Or it was for a 3-month sub, and one month subs didn't exist a couple of years ago.

Octane

TuVictus

Bleh, I'd rather 2 random games a month than dropping in favor of a streaming service

TuVictus

redd214

@Octane a couple years ago 1 month was €16.99 so perhaps you're confused.

redd214

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Honestly I still can't understand why GTAV sold so well either though. It still seems like the creation of an audience out of thin air. It was an ok game, but it wasn't anything mind blowing by any stretch.

NEStalgia

Daloblast

Yeah, its pretty expensive, i say, maybe if the raised the price of ps+ and then added ps now.

Daloblast

CanisWolfred

^Or they could just not. I'm with PikPi on this, I'd rather have 2 games that I get to download and play at my leisure than have a streaming library that I can only access if I'm online, and is significantly less playable due to lantacy issues and the fact that Spectrum already chanrges me up the wazzoo for their subpar internet service, so I sure as hell ain't gonna shell out more just to get make something as poor an investment as streaming more viable for me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Lol I still haven't played it. Had it on my shelf for years.

Part of its insane sales numbers is just people buying it twice on each console generation.

Ralizah

I eventually sold my copy of GTA V. Couldn't really get into it on PS4. Still holding out hope that we'll get a Switch port of it (it played fine on last gen systems, so it shouldn't be too difficult to port over).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

I don't think it did play fine did it? I thought it was a massive struggle to get it running on those platforms?

NEStalgia

So I skipped KH Chain of Memories....what a weird game.....I didn't want to skip story but....that's just not enjoyable right now. I hated missing the Castle Oblivion stuff, but a weird card based dungeon crawler retracing the first game isn't that enjoyable. Maybe someday I'll go back to it. I was going to do 365 Days, but it felt too spoilery for KHII that for some reason I'd never played before, so I'll do that after II itself (since it released after II originally.) KHII proper though is amazing! It fixes everything that was annoying about the first game, production values became proper FF production, and even bosses are interesting!

NEStalgia

TuVictus

You're in for a treat, it's widely regarded as the pinnacle KH experience with the tightest combat and most post-game stuff to do. Plus the story itself (in my opinion) is the most interesting I think. At least, it was still at a point where the lore hadn't yet completely gone off the deep end. I put that on Dream Drop Distance lol

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Ralizah

@Dezzy It played fine on Xbox 360. I think it had framerate issues on PS3, but a lot of games had issues on PS3.

Anyway, the Switch is stronger than both, so there's no reason it shouldn't be able to run a somewhat upgraded last gen version of GTA V. Same as with Skyrim.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Daloblast

Kh is so confusing, I've only played Re:coded and KHlll

Daloblast

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic