Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,221 to 11,240 of 16,084

RR529

Yeah, Days Gone & TLoU2 don't look interesting to me, but I'm looking forward to Ghosts of Tsushima, am keeping my eye on MediEvil and to a lesser extent Dreams (that one may come down to what kind of stuff people make in it). Oh, I'm definitely watching to see if Granblue Fantasy: Re-Link makes it's way over west, as that looks really good (not first party, but currently an exclusive as far as I'm aware).

Anyhow, I moved my PS4 to the living room TV, and while I won't be able to play it quite as often this way, it's an absolutely stunning experience (I moved it from a 720p TV to a 4K one with HDR). I can't imagine what things look like on a Pro or what PS5 will be like. Anyhow, I picked the perfect game to start with on the better display.

Just started up God of War this morning, and thank God I didn't have to work today as before I knew it, it had been nearly 4 hours!

I like the fact that it regularly breaks up the tension from the intense combat sections with puzzle rooms & narrative moments. Combat itself is pretty fun, though there are some issues (though the game does give you indicators, it's a tad troubling dealing with enemies behind you with the closed in camera. It's just going to come down to how well I can get acclimated to that quick turn move). Surprisingly tough, too (already had a wave of enemies I had to replay a few times to get down, and even then that came down to the fact that I had a full Spartan Rage bar going in to the fight, and there was a refill in the combat area). Looks absolutely stunning to boot.

Finished today's session at the part where you meet the character who can upgrade your gear (in addition to the story mandaded axe upgrade, I also crafted the more defense oriented armour, was able to upgrade it, and crafted the tunic for Atreus that let's him nab extra health drops for you during combat).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

The Taskmaster challenge missions in Spider-Man suck out all of the fun from this game. I don't think I'm gonna go for 100%, these are just rediculous. I've never broken a controller with my bare hands before, but now I just broke 2 over this freakin' game.

...also, is the Dualshock 4 supposed to be this easy to break? I just twisted it until it snapped...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

EvilLucario

How do people even break controllers in the first place??? And why do people throw them everywhere???

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

Outside of the rubber on the thumbsticks the DS4 have been durable for us. This is with kids who CONSTANTLY drop them on a hardwood floor. We've had a total of 10 or so I think and not one has broken. Breaking 2 at one time over Spiderman lol? You guys got some anger issues

redd214

CanisWolfred

redd214 wrote:

Outside of the rubber on the thumbsticks the DS4 have been durable for us. This is with kids who CONSTANTLY drop them on a hardwood floor. We've had a total of 10 or so I think and not one has broken. Breaking 2 at one time over Spiderman lol? You guys got some anger issues

I really don't. I mean, I'll break things on occasion, but it's not like I hit people or anything.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

I own two DS4s, have dropped both, and never had any issues. They're very comfy and sturdily-built controllers.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Lol at this event in Japan, they demonstrated the jiggle physics in DOA by having their announcer girls jump up and down and slap each other on the ass.

Damn, this is funny. Hundreds of puritans in the US may require help after their heads explode.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

I'm kinda interested in picking up Nioh in the sale since it's only $20, but as I've never played a game like it before, I'm really on the fence (I awefully like the Japanese theme, though).

Most action games I've played have either been action RPGs (stuff like Tales), which aren't as tough and can be pushed through with enough grinding, or Warriors style action games. The closest thing I can think of that I've played is God of War (which I'm currently working through on normal), but I understand it's not as hard and I still get hit a lot (which is why I'm going with a more defensive build).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EvilLucario

@RR529 Nioh is pretty tough as a game. You need to bring your A-game and really learn enemy patterns, or else you're going to die.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@RR529 If you do get this(which i would recommend at that price) i have to warn you, the developers reused many assets through out the game. For example the enemies,music and environments, you may say who cares? But when you see the same Yokai that you been fighting in every single mission, you will find them more of a chore than a challenge. Same goes for the music, you will hear the same track in multiple missions.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

@EvilLucario, @MsJubilee, thanks for your replies. I think I will nab it at that price, and if I can get into it good, and if not I'll have at least learned that "Souls" style games aren't for me (which would be a shame, as Sekiro looks interesting as well).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EvilLucario

@RR529 My advice is to know when to be aggressive and when to be methodical. Staggering enemies to go from full-0 HP is a good option, and hang back for hit-and-run if you can't go for easy kills.

Enemy patterns are also extremely important to learn.

It's true that Nioh can feel repetitive and have pretty lacking enemy diversity. But I prefer Nioh's style of combat over Dark Souls and Bloodborne, even though I also love those games.

Ralizah

I think this is my favorite review title for Anthem so far:
"EMPTY, UTTERLY FRUSTRATING, AND GENUINELY MAKES ME SAD"

Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/anthem-review/

Ahahaha.
Anthem rolling out about as smoothly as I expected.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

Feburary is the month of bomb after bomb. Crackdown 3, Jump Force, now Anthem? Damn. I legit feel bad for the developers. (Generally not the publishers though, especially EA)

TuVictus

Anthem is the kind of game I -might- want to try out after a couple of years of updates and patches, but definitely not something I want to experience while they figure out how to update it. I did that enough with the Destiny games.

Poor Bioware, though. Either stuck on Anthem until they milk it dry (assuming it succeeds) or most likely studio closure if it fails. As a consumer, it's a lose lose because I have no interest in loot shooters, especially from EA of all publishers.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@Ralizah I've read/watched some impressions, and what a disappointment it is from what I've heard. As if Bioware is a shell of its former self, with EA in full control.

Octane

WebHead

@EvilLucario seems people do not care for the new Far Cry either.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@WebHead The general verdict for FC seems to be not bad, but not as good as 5 either; just more of the same.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic