Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 16,083

banacheck

Untitled

It looking like Dishonored II: Darkness of Tyvia the E3 2014 reveal is real, VG247 are confirming it's legitimacy with Bethesda.

The Order: 1886 getting an Autumn release date according to Sony & Ready At Dawn, also SCEJ: "Full picture" of The Order 1886 will be revealed on March 13 2014.

Earlier this week we had to confirm the regrettable news that Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog. She will be missed and, as we stated before, we appreciate the significant contributions that she has made to Naughty Dog and the industry in general. We wish her the best. 

However, we feel it necessary to clear up a very important point that was unprofessionally misreported when the story broke. Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann were NOT involved in what transpired. It was very upsetting to us that dozens of stories were run, linking back to the same hurtful accusations in the original report. As co-presidents of Naughty Dog, we are responsible for all studio affairs. 

Normally, we wouldn’t respond to rumors and speculation on matters that are internal to Naughty Dog, but because the personal reputation of two of our employees is being damaged we needed to set the record straight. There is nothing left to be said on this subject. Now we’re going back to what we should be focused on – making games.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

Inclined to believe that's take since based on the fact that doom is slated for next year and wolfenstien comes with the beta.

I don't doubt Dishonored Iai is happening but it was heavily hinted that Arkane had been put on prey 2 duties.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

Hopefully Dishonored 2 will be what Thief was not.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Haven't played thief but from the Giant bomb quick looked it looked like a mash up of dishonored and Assassins creed without any of what made those games fun.

Strike Shoot Zero Director's cut for PS4 is out this month.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

3D needs to become more of a thing, if you ask me. I just looked at that trailer @shingi_70 just posted, and all I could think about was how much better it would look in 3D.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

@SCAR392

For gaming 3D is being pushed out the way in favor of VR like Oclus Rift.

At Bitsummit yesterday Sony Japan showed off a nice amount of Japanese indie games coming to PS4 and Vita on its stage.

Untitled

A remake of Target Earth for the genesis
Untitled

Leynos site: http://leynos.dracue.co.jp/
Composer: Tsukumo Hyakutaro (Thunderforce V)
Mecha Design: Toru Yoshida

Development will be done by the Gunhound team. A Kickstarter will be launched to fund development, and localization for western regions

One Upon Light (PS4, SUTD Game Lab)
Untitled

Immerse yourself in the monochromatic world of One Upon Light.
Over 20 levels of intriguing, hand-crafted puzzles!
Manipulate surroundings to cast shadows and keep yourself safe from the light.
Explore the darkness and uncover mysteries behind the world you are in.

Prismatic Solid (PS4, YO1 KOMORI)
Untitled

A shoot ‘em up initially launched as a $1 Xbox LIVE Indie Game in June 2010.

Revolver360 Re:Actor (PS4, Cross Eaglet)
Untitled

A “rotary shoot ‘em up” first sold for PC at Comiket 85 last year

Rocketbird 2: Evolution (PS4 and PS Vita, Ratloop Asia)
Untitled

Here's more on Airship Q. Hearing about this game for the first time.

Creator: Miracle Positive Co., Ltd.

Game Website: https://www.facebook.com/airshipq

Description:
Airship Q is a sandbox action RPG, where players solve mysteries by controlling an airship in the open sky as a character who has been transformed into a cat. Airship Q is one of the first Japanese sandbox action games delivered by an independent game developer.

Rain falls, water flows, plants grow, and land changes ?
While everything is rapidly changing, the character quickly runs, jumps, controls an airship, digs, builds, fights, and dies. All actions the character takes will create a unique world you could never have imagined.
Untitled

Not a lot of stuff but it makes sense since the Indie/quasi indie movement has just hit Japan last year despite dudes like Suda doing it for a while now.

Sony is also pushing Unity and how the playstation developer tools and environment are pretty similar across the board. Somthing Nintendo should have learned with the 3DS.
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

banacheck

As you already know PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is coming to PS4 this Summer, i already own all the PixelJunk games on the PS3 i also love the PixelJunk games. So i'll be buying PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate on the PS4, but what you probably don't know is this isn't a straight port so here is the info for those interested.

1. Full Visual Upgrade on PS4
    When we were trying to decide what a PS4 version of Shooter should look like, we knew that it needed to remain true to that classic, razorsharp, vector-based aesthetic — which continually threw new ideas at the player — while still being able to stand besides modern PS4 games. From a gameplay perspective, we wanted to make combat more intense, engaging, and overall provide for a more rewarding experience.
    So, we decided to introduce real-time environment lighting, along with a host of new visual FX for things like projectiles, explosions, thrusters,and more. And it didn’t stop there — we’ve also worked on making the fluids look even better by increasing the resolution of the particles, improving shaders, and adding anti-aliasing to the edges of the fluids. We’ve also revisited the color palette, and color grading has been added to every scene, which hopefully makes it look and feel more immersive.

2. A Redesigned Ship on PS4
Something that a lot of people loved about the ship in Shooter 1 and 2 was the way it managed the relationship between momentum and resistance to changes in motion. This is not something we wanted to mess with, but we did want to improve the visual feedback to the player, to make that relationship more accessible.
To achieve this, we decided to introduce a 3D ship, which allowed us to add animations for aeronautical maneuvering that gives better visual feedback. The ship is also treated to the newly introduced real-time lighting, as well as the other visual improvements.

3. 60 Frames-per-second on PS4
For the uninitiated, higher frame rates capture much more of the action every second, so there’s much less opportunity for action to blur when you’re in the thick of it. Behind the scenes, our physics and fluid dynamics simulations also run at 60 FPS, meaning that the game is more responsive to how the player interacts with the various environments. It also improves on the control fee

5. One Seamless Experience
PixelJunk Shooter introduced us to the Yellow Dart, and its mission to save trapped scientists. PixelJunk Shooter 2 picks up exactly where the first left off. In PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, you can enjoy an uninterrupted and complete experience, with all the new features introduced in Shooter 2 — such as the super spin — across all chapters.

6. A New HUD
Ultimately, we wanted the HUD (heads-up display) to be more intuitive and informative. After evaluating the original HUD elements, we also realized that too much screen real estate was being used up — that was particularly problematic on PS Vita.
The newly designed minimalist elements have a level of opacity, which allows for more action to be seen. More so, we thought about what other information the player should know and we’ve added new elements to reflect this.

9. New Scoring System
We’ve reviewed the entire scoring system, and without giving away too much, we’ve hopefully balanced it to accommodate those who are just starting out, those that enjoy competitive play, and to those that would challenge their friends on the leaderboards.

PSVITA INFO:

4. Awesome Environments on PS Vita
One of the most understated aspects of the Shooter series of games was the highly complex fluid simulation. Most of the puzzles in the game require the manipulation of various fluids (water, lava, magnetic fluid, acid), each of which are made from several thousand particles to get the simulation looking perfect.
The computational power to run this has even given some quad-core PC processors issues, so bringing this game to a portable handheld was always going to be a major challenge. This has all been made possible thanks to some excellent research and development by our team, and we’re really excited that we can bring this experience to PS Vita.

7. Cross play
As gamers, we love it when consoles and handhelds work well together. So cross play was one of the first things we looked into. Now you and your friend can play together, without both of you needing the same device.

8. Cross Save
Another thing we find useful as gamers is cross save functionality, and this is something we’ve added to Shooter Ultimate. With this, you can take your save game on the move on Vita, and then continue your experience at home, with all the new graphical effects on PS4.

Also almost forgot to point out this:

For those who remember the original PixelJunk Shooter games, Ultimate combines the campaigns of Shooter 1 and 2 into a single experience. It certainly doesn’t stop there, ("as we’ve done a ton of work on top of that to make this the third game in the series!")

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

Wish it was Cross buy as well.

New trailer for hohokum

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/sonyas-gone-aback-to-t...

Doesn't sound too good. Guessing its going to come out in August or September potentially under a new name. Evolution wanted the game to have the Grand Turismo Moniker since the series is well known being probably titled GT: Drive Club. But Kaz said no and sony complied despite it not being his decision. Drive Club might need a change club since its going to be launching next to Project Cars, Need for Speed Next, and Forza Horizon 2.

I also wonder if the overhaul has to do with throwing in an open world or more likely the fact that the game is rumored to be VR compatible.

WAT!

shingi_70

Not sure to be honest, it just looks relaxing. This what I got off of Wikipedia.

he player is a serpent creature[2] called the "Long Mover",[1] a reference to British comedy troupe The Mighty Boosh.[3] There are few set objectives,[2] though the game is non-linear.[1] There is no score, time limit, or tutorial.[1] Developer Richard Hogg has said that the game is about "relaxing in a space and just enjoying the experience and the music, instead of trying to complete it to make progress".[2] An IGN preview said it is "simply about the beauty of exploring".[1] The game communicates with visual and audial cues.[1]

Two buttons slow or speed the Long Mover, and the triggers make it wiggle for a boost.[1] The Long Mover changes in color based on the direction it faces, and the DualShock 4's light bar matches the color.[1]

The game is split into worlds, each with specific characters, a single primary goal, and secondary activities.[1] All worlds are unlocked from the beginning.[1] In "Lamp Lighting", the player activates lights while flying past silhouettes, and each light adds a new layer of music.[1] The player flies through a series of color-changing circles to access the next world.[1] In Sponge Land,[2] an underwater world, the player gathers fish to swim alongside the Long Mover.[1] The player collects seeds in the Kite Village.[2] Another level involves creating shapes in the sky by flying past stars.[4]

WAT!

Gamer83

What a joke Evolution has turned into.

Gamer83

banacheck

Details regarding DICE's in-development Mirror's Edge 2 have been leaked online, including the game's release window, details on multiplayer and Mirror's Edge 2's open-world.

A number of details regarding DICE's Mirror's Edge 2, revealed at E3 2013, have been leaked online. 

According to the leaked information, posted on Rocket Chainsaw, EA is targeting a 2016 release for Mirror's Edge 2 on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Mac. 

Mirror's Edge 2 will reportedly be set in an open-world environment that the player can explore freely, with that open-world including an always-online component whereby other players drop in and out of the open-world in a fashion similar to Journey.

It is also alleged that DICE has listened to criticisms regarding Mirror's Edge's combat and will revamp the combat system in Mirror's Edge 2 to ensure that combat does not interrupt the flow of the game. 

Protagonist, Faith, will not have guns in Mirror's Edge 2, placing the focus on a deeper melee combat system that makes heavy use of the environment.

banacheck

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

What a joke Evolution has turned into.

I wouldn't say that. We already know the game was delayed into launch window so the team could hit 1080p/60fps its not it there to believe that it was delayed a bit longer to put in proper VR support, as well to distance it from GT6's launch. Everything point's to Sony's VR thingy being announced next week and the team obviously needs some games to be announced for it. The guys at evolution had said tht drive club is meant to be played in the first person and third person view was reluctantly put into the game.

I'm guessing the launch games or games with support for it.
Drive Club
Until Dawn (makes sense We haven't heard much on it
maybe one or two first party suprises.

I'm also expecting Sony to say how easy it is to take porting from Occlus to the PSVR set and announce some rift support games to get PS4VR support.

Mercnary Kings is coming to PS4 on April 1st in NA.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/12/mercenary-kings-com...

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

banacheck

Mercenary Kings release's on the PS4 2nd April next month, quite looking forwards fo Mercenary Kings i love game's like this it reminds of Metal Slug.

Sorry, Didn't see your post you posted it one minute before me, i was too slow i was on YouTube.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

Counterstrike is coming to all PlayStation systems

Say what you will about them being a development house but Sony is probably one of my favorite publishing houses in the industry.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic