Forums

Topic: The Golden Age of RPGs

Posts 101 to 120 of 186

CanisWolfred

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Now a statement:
If you don't like Fallout 3 you haven't played it or you just hate everything.

I think you know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyways: Fallout 3 had its positives (it's the only WRPG I've played with an interesting world worth exploring) but it was still boring visually, had a main character who has no expressive personality of his own, and was mostly a by-stander in a story I couldn't give 2 ****s about. I didn't like the gameplay either, especially the healing body-parts one at a time thing. There's a point where realism becomes detrimental to the gameplay, and that went far beyond it in my opinion.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MikeDanger

i'm 21. I was just asking because Skyrim had a huge story! With tons of memorable characters, and you could get married, and be a vampire or werewolf. The game was insanely fun. You missed out bro. Maybe in time you'll give the genre a second chance and love it like I love games I hated when I was younger.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Mieu-Fire

well i no i wont i love anime and i just love jrpgs i played skyrim for 2 hours and went back to game stop and traded it inn the said wait you didnt like this i said no it bored me to death and the dude said he felt the same but most people liked it so he was suprised

MANGO

The_Fox

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

ew WRPGs

Congratulations. You are the first person I've ever met who didn't think The Witcher 2 was a spectacular game.

... you did play The Witcher 2 before making such a silly blanket statement, right?

Nah, of course you didn't.

no i didnt cause i hate wrpg i played oblivion i coulcnt even play for a hour with out dieing of bordem people said skyrim is amazing i bought skyrim but then i traded it in the day i got it cause i hate wrpgs there boring when JRPG have amazing storys amazing characterz amazing music and something you will stick with beginning to end

Somehow I doubt you actually bought Skyrim.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Mieu-Fire

The_Fox wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

ew WRPGs

[/div]

Congratulations. You are the first person I've ever met who didn't think The Witcher 2 was a spectacular game.

... you did play The Witcher 2 before making such a silly blanket statement, right?

Nah, of course you didn't.

[/div]

no i didnt cause i hate wrpg i played oblivion i coulcnt even play for a hour with out dieing of bordem people said skyrim is amazing i bought skyrim but then i traded it in the day i got it cause i hate wrpgs there boring when JRPG have amazing storys amazing characterz amazing music and something you will stick with beginning to end

[/div]

Somehow I doubt you actually bought Skyrim.

i did it SUCKED it was way to boring if you want a good rpg this generation go play Tales Of Graces F

MANGO

The_Fox

Now I'm not sure if mieu-fire is trolling or not.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Happy_Mask

I still have skyrim, but it feels inferior to oblivion for me . Of course, since I jump so much in it, it glitches every 5 seconds. It works worse than oblivion. That's sad betheseda.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Mieu-Fire

The_Fox wrote:

[/div]

call me what you want i dont like wrpg everyone i tried i hated it it was boring
im a person who like jrpgs best rpg genre anime characters amazing colors anmazing characters amazing story go buy Tales of graces f or Tales of vesperia or a Tales game or final fantasy or any amazing jrpg and you say screw skryim

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Electricmastro

The_Fox wrote:

Shh...Mods are monitering everything...

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

shingi_70

Best three rpgs I've played this gen are

1.Mass Effect (also my game of the gen)
2.Lost Odyssey
3.Alpha Protcool

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Electricmastro

Sony_70 wrote:

Best three rpgs I've played this gen are

1.Mass Effect (also my game of the gen)
2.Lost Odyssey
3.Alpha Protcool

I've played Eternal Sonata and Xenoblade Chronicles, heard many things about Lost Odyssey.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

AricHennings

Skyrim just has so much that you can do in it... That makes it one of the Top 5 RPGs of all time , has to be in the top 5...

Im not even talking about the Main Quest story stuff... all the little stuff make it awesome and you can just watch the hours roll off your clock as you play

Just grab a bow and arrows and do some animal hunting like Ted Nuggent

Stark- Throw on some hot rod red...

Jarvis- Yes, that will help you keep a low profile...

The_Fox

mieu-fire wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

call me what you want i dont like wrpg everyone i tried i hated it it was boring
im a person who like jrpgs best rpg genre anime characters amazing colors anmazing characters amazing story go buy Tales of graces f or Tales of vesperia or a Tales game or final fantasy or any amazing jrpg and you say screw skryim

No, I really wouldn't. The Tales games looks like they wrap up everything I dislike in the JRPG sub-genre in one unattractive package. That doesn't mean I'm going to make half a dozen posts proclaiming the superiority of WRPGs.

Edited on by The_Fox

-President John Adams

MikeDanger

meh... i'm not an ignorant, I play all types of games. Although I tend to prefer Stategy RPGs and Tactical RPGs. But WRPGs, JRPGs, Action RPGs, Monster Breeding RPGs,Dungeon Crawler RPGs, Monster Hunting RPGs(yeah it has it's own sub genre) and MMORPGs are awesome as well in my book. You just gotta find your thing, have some variety in life, have an open mind approach and just try.

If you say it's bad because it's different then who cares? More power to ya'.

Great! Now I want to play Monster Hunter... Bring Monster Hunter to the rest of the world Capcom! .

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

CanisWolfred

The_Fox wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

No, I really wouldn't. The Tales games looks like they wrap up everything I dislike in the JRPG sub-genre in one unattractive package. That doesn't mean I'm going to make half a dozen posts proclaiming the superiority of WRPGs.

Maybe not in a row, but I think I could find that many posts of you saying that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Fox

Mickeymac wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Maybe not in a row, but I think I could find that many posts of you saying that...

Of me saying that I prefer WPPGs over JRPGs? Absolutely. That I've moved on from JRPGs to WRPGs? Sure. Of me out and out saying that WRPGs are superior? I challenge you to find those posts, good sir. If you can find them I'll send you a batch of my special cookies. The ingredients are secret but the deliciousness isn't.

-President John Adams

Bankai

The_Fox wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Of me saying that I prefer WPPGs over JRPGs? Absolutely. That I've moved on from JRPGs to WRPGs? Sure. Of me out and out saying that WRPGs are superior? I challenge you to find those posts, good sir. If you can find them I'll send you a batch of my special cookies. The ingredients are secret but the deliciousness isn't.

Yeah, this.

If I went into a Mario thread and said "it's boring" "Mario sucks" "Go play Tetris and say screw you to Mario" a dozen or so times I would be rightfully called out for being obnoxious.

Mieu-fire is being obnoxious. The Fox is just calling him out on it.

Electricmastro

Anyway, speaking of RPGs...

Dragon Quest - All Overture Themes

Mieu-Fire

OlympicCho wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Yeah, this.

If I went into a Mario thread and said "it's boring" "Mario sucks" "Go play Tetris and say screw you to Mario" a dozen or so times I would be rightfully called out for being obnoxious.

Mieu-fire is being obnoxious. The Fox is just calling him out on it.

how am i if im saying i hate wrpg? i hate there boring i prefer jrpg thats my opinion you have yours

MANGO

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.