Forums

Topic: Soulsborne Series Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 441

JoyBoy

@Losermagnet yeah, she is up there. No not yet lol. 6,5 hours I'm tackling this boss now.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Varkster

@Magonigal Ah, shame because I'm of the opinion that going into the games not knowing what to expect is part of the fun. But hey, if it helps you enjoy the game then that's good.

Varkster

Magonigal

@Varkster
Yeah, i agree, i dont normally do that and i loved the feeling of exploration in Elden Ring, not knowing anything. I just felt like i needed a helping hand with DS3 and Bloodborne but i think those were the only games i've done that with

Magonigal

JoyBoy

So, I'm starting to enjoy this Malenia fight. I've more or less got the first fase down, often don't even have to use any flask. In the second fase I got across the midpoint of her HP. Since I get there more reliably now , I give it an hour or 2 the most.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

JoyBoy

I DID IT! I beat the boss. I got bit lucky in the second fase. She did that spirit attack (where like 5 spirits rush towards you) only once. I dodged them all to my surprise because I didn't have the opportunity to practice those yet. Now I'm off explore some places a little bit more and then time for what assume is the end boss.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Snatcher

@JoyBoy Congrats!šŸŽŠ

Man I want to get back on elden again but every time I do that character creator, it just keeps calling to me!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Iā€™m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Losermagnet

@JoyBoy way to go! Thats quite an accomplishment.

So i checked a list of bosses i have left to beat in my playthrough and i locked myself out of fighting Fortissax since I killed Fia šŸ˜‘ oh well. I'm not opposed to the idea of playing Elden Ring NG+, but I surely won't be doing that any time soon. Currently trying to beat the Fire Giant. I love his design, but I don't think he's a great fight. That second phase is crazy.

It's TMI but on a personal note life has been pretty miserable lately so it's nice to stop in and bond over these things. I need to do this more often.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

JoyBoy

@Losermagnet Yeah, I might do those extra bosses later as well. I've had my fill I think, for the time being at least. Just killed the lord of blood and the dragon where you move back in time.

Sucks to hear about your personal life... Gaming can definitely be a good diversion, I hope it improves soon. You got any game on the horizon you want to play?

SW-7849-9887-2074

Losermagnet

@JoyBoy thanks bud, i appreciate it.

Y'know there isnt much coming out soon that i'm excited for. I've had the Mass Effect Legendary edition for some time and I played through the first game in like a week and i've been meaning to start up the second and just havent done it. So it's between Elden Ring, Mass Effect 2, and NG+ Dark Souls I think. How about you? I noticed your avatar changed to a Xenoblade 2 character lol.

JoyBoy

@Losermagnet hahaha yeah. I'm at the end of the game I think. I started when it came out but I don't know... Sort of have a hate-love relationship with the game, mostly hate

I was actually thinking about starting the ME trilogy, I always heard good things about it from a friend. So I was thinking between that, RD2 and Yakuza 6. What's your opinion on the first game?

SW-7849-9887-2074

BruceCM

Did you like Mass Effect, @Losermagnet ....? It's had the gameplay tweaked quite a bit from the original version, which does help a lot
If you did like it, you should like 2 a lot, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Losermagnet

@JoyBoy @BruceCM I actually played Mass Effect 1 and 2 WAY back when they launched and I remember liking them (the second one more than the first). And when I played through the first one recently it was still pretty familiar to me. Fun game, good amount of lore and backstory. The shooting is okay but towards the end it feels like that's all you're doing and it gets a bit samey. I'm glad they updated the gameplay of the first one because i remember the shooting in it felt off, especially once you played ME2 and tried to go back. But it was really nice going through it again and interacting with well written characters. I even played it on the hardest difficulty right from the get-go so i could nab all the trophies. It was quite fun that way so I recommend it. Somehow I've never played Mass Effect 3.

From the games you mentioned @JoyBoy i think ME1 is a good choice if you like lore/discovery but i've had my eye on RD2 for ages (I havent played that one either). Have you played the Yakuza games before? I tried 0 and while i enjoyed it i couldnt stick with it.

i totally get the love/hate with xenoblade 2. I played it for awhile and somewhere in there is a game i'd really like - it's just surrounded by things that annoyed me.

Snatcher

Yesterday I did some more of rannis quest line, I thought you couldnā€™t beat the final boss if you did her quest line, so that means I can do the quest line, and the. Do whatever other questline before beating the game.

I also found that one wizard dude next to ranni dead, after reading what his quest line was, jerk had it coming to him, and Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t do the quest line.

Also, Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™m going to try Melina, probably at level 180 at least, as Iā€™m only 60 at the moment I think, waay to early to be thinking about that. Sorry for the ramble.

(The blood twin blades are amazing!)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Iā€™m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Losermagnet Could you atone for you sins and maybe it might unlock it? I also wish you the best in life.

Edited on by Snatcher

Iā€™m very much alive!

Varkster

@Losermagnet I would say 3 is quite good after all the updates and DLCs were added. They expanded on the lore in good ways, had really good endings to some of the major plotlines and the gameplay is the best out of all the 3 games.

It was very easy to hate on when it first came out but revisiting it recently, I thought the game was very solid.

Everybody praises 2 a lot but honestly it did nothing to progress the main plot. Other than having an interesting cast of characters and a good final mission it didn't do a lot for me. It also changed a lot of the existing characters who did very out of character things throughout which became very noticeable for me on recent playthroughs.

Also, I felt the environment design was a lot less inspired and the gameplay was nowhere near as good as 3. Mass Effect 2 was a cover and use your powers/shoot simulator with little strategy in between.

ME1 did a fantastic job at introducing the world and lore but the gameplay may fall short for a lot of people and the characters aren't as developed as they were in the following games.

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

CJD87

For any Souls-fans wanting a recommendation...

Today sees the release of "Salt and Sacrifice", which is a fantastic 2D Side-Scroller Soulslike.

(This is a sequel to 'Salt and Sanctuary', which was ported to the Switch a few years back)

The original game, which I played on Switch, is probably IMO the best non-FromSoftware soulslike game I have ever played... and the reviews indicate that the new sequel is even better.

Don't be put off by the 2D-element of these games... the combat and gameplay is tight, with an amazing skill-tree system and tons of build diversity. Not to mention co-op potential, and some welcome metroidvania elements.

Sadly the new game has no mention of a Switch port currently, but I would expect it to land in next year or so. In the meantime, if anyone here has PS4/PS5/PC, the game is only Ā£12.99.

And for those who have not played the original game, (Salt and Sanctuary) I would highly recommend getting it on Switch!

CJD87

BruceCM

Do share your thoughts on ME2 when you play that, in LE, then, @Losermagnet .... & Obviously 3, too, since that's still a great game despite the complaints you have probably heard about

SW-4357-9287-0699

Losermagnet

@Snatcher i hadnt thought of that actually, i'll have to check that out to see if atoning for sins will bring her back. And thanks for the kind words. I think it'll take some time before things get better but it'll work out šŸ˜‰

@Varkster glad to hear some praise for 3. Im not sure why i didnt play it during the original release as i was a fan of ME 1 + 2 and really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins. Maybe all the negative buzz? I usually dont give that too much thought but i cant imagine why else. Luckily, other than the gist of the disappointing ending i havent had anything spoiled for me so it'll very much be like playing it new.

@BruceCM will do! I'm not sure when i'll start it but i'll update everybody on the progress šŸ˜ you finished Elden Ring some time ago, right? What have you been playing recently?

Snatcher

@Losermagnet No problem mate.

Iā€™m very much alive!

BruceCM

Well, I've just moved, @Losermagnet .... Been busy with that! Got the wi-fi being set up next Monday as that was earliest available, so restricted to browsing on my phone
Got everything else all set up now, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic