Forums

Topic: Should I get an Xbox 360?

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Papayosh

Hey everyone
I've been debating for a while should I get a Xbox 360 or not. The thing that attracts me the most is the Banjo Kazooie / Tooie HD remakes.
I have to say I have a hard time finding any Xbox 360 games I like, as I mostly like platformers and the Xbox 360 seems to lack on that department,
however, I did see some interesting games on XBLA like Splosion Man, The Maw & BattleBlock Theater.
Is there anything on the Xbox 360 for mostly platformer lovers or is it mostly for shooters and stuff like that?

Papayosh

Geonjaha

You can play all those XBLA games on PC. If you don't own a decent gaming PC; get that before an Xbox 360, unless you play with friends (locally) more than you do alone. I also wouldn't recommend buying a last gen platform just for 1 or 2 games, but that's for you to decide.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

DualWielding

Do you have a PS3? if you are gonna pick a last gen console for the first time I will recommend a PS3 over 360 because it has more exclusives including some platformers like sly, ratchet, little big planet and pupetter but unfortunately it does not have the banjo kazooie games you want.

PSN: Fertheseeker

CanisWolfred

If you can pick one up with some kind of Hard Drive for Less than $70, I would say it's worth it to pick up some XBLA games and a few exclusives, like Crackdown. But otherwise, if you can get a PS3 instead, get a PS3 instead.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NintendoFan990

They aren't very good to be honest, so if you REALLY REALLY want one, get the cheapest offer. I got mine a couple of years ago and I haven't used it a lot. There aren't many games that a Nintendo fan would like.

I am a human.

unrandomsam

Depends what you want. For me everything I want is on either both 360/PS3 or only 360. (Most of the multiplatform stuff I would get on Steam unless there is a really good reason why not).

Mainly stuff like Guardian Heroes / Hard Corps : Uprising / SF2 HD Remix (And the rest of the Capcom Digital Collection) / Radiant Silvergun

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Papayosh

I don't actually have a gaming pc, I have a Mac Mini as I'm more fond of consoles.
I was gonna get a PS3 anyways, since it has a lot of games I want. I was just wondering about Banjo Kazooie / Tooie, as I've played some of it and it was fun and people say it's one of the best platformers there is.
Also, I don't like playing games online. I usually play single player games only and I'm not fond of FPS at all.

Edited on by Papayosh

Papayosh

Einherjar

SInce the console isnt that expensive anymore, why not get one ?
SInce youre interested in the Banjo games (and probably Rare in general) you can get the amazing HD remake of Perfect Dark (not the sequel), Kameo, all 3 Banjo Games etc.
You also get the chance to enjoy some amazing Treasure classics like Guardian Heroes or Radiant Silvergun.

I think that the 360 is well worth it, as it offers some really great games. If youre more into AAA titles, you might take a PS3 into consideration, as it offers pretty much the same library and more (Especially RPGs and stuff)

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

Papayosh

Thanks for your feedback everyone.
I guess that I'll be getting a PS3 instead of Xbox 360 since it has more games that interest me
I only like 3-4 games on Xbox 360 so it's not really worth it

Papayosh

CanisWolfred

I would definitely keep it in mind - at the very least, if you see it super cheap in a shop 2-3 years from now, you might want to go for it. Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie alone would be worth it if you can get the console for 70-80 bucks. They really are that good.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DGGames

Do bear in mind though that almost all multiplatform games are, at best, the same on PS3, with a big number of them being better on Xbox 360, so for most multiplatform games you will be getting the inferior version if you go with a PS3.

For the next couple days, if you get Xbox LIVE Gold, you can also get the wonderful Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures for super cheap on Xbox 360 too so something to keep in mind at the moment.

Game developer and gamer.

Nick_The_Greek

Hey! I would say no because it is a last gen console and for 2 games only not worth it. Try to stick with your WiiU or maybe invest some more on a X1. But you are the one deciding!

Nick_The_Greek

CaviarMeths

Nick_The_Greek wrote:

Hey! I would say no because it is a last gen console and for 2 games only not worth it. Try to stick with your WiiU or maybe invest some more on a X1. But you are the one deciding!

The PS3 and XB360 both offer far more value right now than the PS4 and XB1. Software is king and right now, last gen offers far more of it for far less money. The only reason to not buy a PS3 over a PS4 is if you already have a PS3.

But as said, the XBLA games mentioned by OP are also on PC. If you bought a computer some time in the last 10 years, even something cheap off the shelf from Best Buy, yes, it can run XBLA indies. You don't need a gaming PC to run last-gen console indie specs.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

If you only want it for Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie (or even only Rare games) then I'd recommend getting an N64 instead, you can find them pretty cheap on Ebay and other sites. Also, plenty of great first party titles will never make it to VC such as DK64.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.