Forums

Topic: PS Vita TV announced. (Oyua am cry)

Posts 101 to 120 of 238

shingi_70

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

What I don't understand is how some journalists are hyping the ability to play your PS4 titles on another TV with the Vita TV. Why the heck is this so amazing? I can understand playing from the handheld...but another TV?

Cool for people with multiple TV's I guess.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Kodeen wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

What I don't understand is how some journalists are hyping the ability to play your PS4 titles on another TV with the Vita TV. Why the heck is this so amazing? I can understand playing from the handheld...but another TV?

LOL i guess people have enough money to have 2 HD tvs in one room?$$$$

Oh no guys, I think Sony has the next big thing!

Tired of playing your games on a second screen instead of a TV? Well you need a Playstation Vita TV! With this $100 (super cheap) device, you can play all your Playstation 4 games on a DIFFERENT TV!! Why bother going through the trouble of playing your games on the TV your PS4 is connected to when you can play on the Playstation Vita TV in the next room!? You can even get the exercise from walking from room to room! It's a win-win situation for everyone. Playstation Vita TV, only 99 USD.

Now with that said, is anyone hyped?

Also, after thinking a bit, I think I see the market on this thing. Anyone who just wants the cheapest option available.

So it's a good idea when Nintendo has a solution for yielding the primary tv, playing in the bedroom, etc ..., but when Sony does it it makes no sense. Gotcha.

To be fair, anyone who bought Wii U JUST for that feature is...er...no one. No one is that dumb...I hope.

also generic hypocrisy calling post, assumes all, says nothing of value. NEXT

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

faint

Kodeen wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Tired of playing your games on a second screen instead of a TV? Well you need a Playstation Vita TV! With this $100 (super cheap) device, you can play all your Playstation 4 games on a DIFFERENT TV!! Why bother going through the trouble of playing your games on the TV your PS4 is connected to when you can play on the Playstation Vita TV in the next room!? You can even get the exercise from walking from room to room! It's a win-win situation for everyone. Playstation Vita TV, only 99 USD.

Also, after thinking a bit, I think I see the market on this thing. Anyone who just wants the cheapest option available.

So it's a good idea when Nintendo has a solution for yielding the primary tv, playing in the bedroom, etc ..., but when Sony does it it makes no sense. Gotcha.

Um I think your missing the point. You wont need the T.V. Vita to do that. With the PS4 you will already have off T.V. with the Vita. The reason this doesn't make sense is an unclear market. Who actually wants this? I don't mean in the tens of thousands but in the millions. It's almost like they expect it to fail and their only objective is to crush the android mini console market (if you want to call it that)

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

kkslider5552000

actually I think Sony's strategy is to make me pity the Vita. This is getting close to being the first pitiable gaming system since the Dreamcast.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

Kodeen wrote:

What language was this sentence written in? Assumes what?

Kind sir, I regret to inform you that assuming hypocrisy so easily because someone questions the use of a product makes it difficult for someone like myself to take the person who immediately yelled out "hypocrite!" as someone worth debating with. Thus I believe I would suggest next time to take a more logical approach to internet gaming debates, for it is already late to comprehend even attempting to use your posts as anything but a way to have fun with modern, internet language (at your expense, for your information). Tragically, English grammar is the true victim of this, but my amusement is of greater importance.

Ah, I almost forgot! My comment using the term "generic" is to make fun of how often calling a person a hypocrite happens on the internet every day. It is truly a crutch of debating that should not be used as anything but a jest with self-awareness/irony.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

shingi_70

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Which is a huge market if were being honest, which why it's odd everyone is puzzled about this yet can understand why the 2DS exists. The Roku Box is such a popular item and despite being crap Oyua proved that their is a market for a Apple TV like device that plays games.

Its funny how everyone assumes that this is some random ocrance because the Vita was flopping. (FYI despite 3DS selling more units Vita apparently has a better attach rate and has great with digital sales, though I think it did play some key.)

Let's look at some of Sony's messaging with the playstation brand.

-The ability to buy one copy of a game and it will work on All four consoles. (PS4, PS3, Vita, and Vita TV)
-The ability to play multiplayer between all four consoles.
-One save across four systems through the cloud.

Playstation Plus for $50 a year you get the instant game colelction which nets you

-Six Vita Games with three new one every month
-Five new PS3 games a month for free
-Two PS4 Games with a new one every month

Indie Game . Out of the big three Sony has done the most to get Indie games signed up into the playstation ecosystem for exclusives. In most cases indies and Sony's smaller Downloadable titles have crossplay/buy/save between the four componets of the Playstation eco-system.The bigger stuff seems to be exlusive to its console of choice.

Now you Take that and put it into an ecosystem and you get the video I linked above.
[youtube;abRveeP_PzM]

Placment and the overall ecosystem is now the most appeaing of the three with mutiple price points for everyone.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

actually I think Sony's strategy is to make me pity the Vita. This is getting close to being the first pitiable gaming system since the Dreamcast.

Yet its getting more support and selling more than the Wii U which says alot.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Saying that a handheld in Japan beating Wii U says a lot implies to me that Wii U would be selling well. Which it isn't, so I don't get it.

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Saying that a handheld in Japan beating Wii U says a lot implies to me that Wii U would be selling well. Which it isn't, so I don't get it.

I'd argue that the Wii U at this point is a bit more pitiful. Both are straight fire flops at this point but the road to recovery is arguably more viable Vita than the Wii U at this point.

WAT!

Ralizah

moomoo wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

If I wanted to play games on a TV, I'd buy the PS4 instead...

Good for you.

The PS4 and Vita TV have completely different game libraries and are set at completely different prices, though, so I don't know if its aimed at you. At $100, you don't exactly need lots of exclusives to justify a purchase. The ability to play Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice, and the new Ys game are all I need. The desire to play a select few Vita games seems to be strong with many other people too. The ability to play PSP, PS1 and indie games are a nice bonus.

This device doesn't seem to be aimed at current Vita owners. It seems to be for people who don't have a Vita but want to play a few games, for people wanting a cheap media box, or people wanting a second PS4 in their house.

Several of the Vita games utilize touch controls. Moreover, graphics that are gorgeous on the small Vita screen will likely look much uglier stretched out over an HDTV.

This just seems like a bad idea.

I don't want to play games on a TV if I can help it, incidentally, so I'll be purchasing a Vita and enjoying my Sony games on a handheld soon. I can't wait to play a decent handheld version of MGS3. <3

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

shingi_70

While its pretty much common sense we won't see the Vita 2000 in the west till next year (I need Ya Gray Vita), Sony would be stupid not to have Vita TV out in the west this year.

I won't buy a Vita till Gray Vita but I would buy a Vita TV just for the PS1/PSP games.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

While its pretty much common sense we won't see the Vita 2000 in the west till next year (I need Ya Gray Vita), Sony would be stupid not to have Vita TV out in the west this year.

I was gonna point out that it's too late for Sony to not be stupid with the Vita, but I actually think that might be a bad idea releasing so much different stuff at once. It could get to the point where Sony is essentially competing with itself and considering how hard Sony has worked and the insane amount of money spent to make PS4 a success ASAP, I don't think they'll want to take even the tiniest risk to do anything to distract from that.

shingi_70

assume that's what they want. Its similar to how the apple or google eco systems both companies are pretty much competing against themselves. I don't think that plan works in games beyond guys here who would buy all this just because and it could hinder or hurt them. The PS4 I think will be safe since its going to be the new hotness and center of the eco-system. I think we face this problem of the Vita TV and PS3 cannablizing.

A conversatio between a gamer and someone from Zeboyd Games.

Robert, do you know about the VitaTV thing prior to this announcement? I was wondering if Sony share this info to entice indie dev coming to their ecosystem? I mean outside of PC release, Vita is struggling in the west and PS4 will still be pretty expensive when it launched. PS3 should be the ideal target for indie developer because of userbas, but your game are apparently not available on PS3, the addition of $100 VitaTV should be a very welcome news indeed.

No, the VitaTV & Vita-2000 were both news to me. Very welcome news for the exact reasons that you stated (larger userbase) though I don't plan on buying either personally (already own the original Vita model & no desire to play Vita games on our only TV).

If we were releasing Cosmic Star Heroine now, then PS3 would make a ton of sense, but the game's not scheduled to come out until the later half of 2014 and I expect that PS3 game sales will be down drastically by down then.

WAT!

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I was gonna point out that it's too late for Sony to not be stupid with the Vita, but I actually think that might be a bad idea releasing so much different stuff at once. It could get to the point where Sony is essentially competing with itself and considering how hard Sony has worked and the insane amount of money spent to make PS4 a success ASAP, I don't think they'll want to take even the tiniest risk to do anything to distract from that.

Agreed fully. Other gaming sites are pretty much saying the same thing as you. I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Sony has poured alotta effort and cash into the PS4. If this console struggles financially even for a little while then Sony is screwed. Look up the financial status of Sony's GAMING division and see what the data says. The PS4 is really Sony's '"do or die" situation maker. I'm not trying to sound sad and give gloom or anything. I've been watching Sony closely and the PS4 needs to make money, no, HUGE money really fast. Now let's skip to after launch hype does for the Xbox One and PS4... What do you really think is gonna happen to those two consoles? Its a tough freaking economy. Most future Wii U owners can't afford a Wiii U until they get that price cut Wii U.. and the Xbox One/PS4 costs even more than the Wii U. I'm CALLING IT NOW: Just 2 months after launch hype dies... expect sad articles talking about how the PS4/Xbox One are barely getting sold due to the rough economy in America. I've spoken to many PS4/Xbox 1 future buyers and they have simply told me that they can't afford either.... I'm sorry for drifting off topic but we need to have a serious discussion about next gen gaming.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Sounds like it will have the exact same problem as the Vita - still not backwards compatible with entire library of PSO and PSP digital games.

As a price point, it's really not that much more appealing than a Vita. You can pick up a used Vita in great condition for $150. Either way though, you still have to buy the ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards. That's the real kick to the balls. 8GB is enough that your PSV TV isn't useless out of the box, but it's going to run out of space very fast. I have a fairly small library of PSO/PSP titles on my PSP and it clocks in at around 28GB.

If you're only into PSO/PSP games, the cost still doesn't justify upgrading from a PSP and you still don't have access to your fully library. If you're into Vita games, you probably already have a Vita anyway.

Struggling to see the target audience for this, is what I'm saying. It seems to be for people who already had a Vita and kinda want to play on a bigger screen, rather than a cheaper alternative to a Vita.

In the Year of Our Lord 2013, we have seen the follow-up to the Super Gameboy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

CaviarMeths wrote:

Sounds like it will have the exact same problem as the Vita - still not backwards compatible with entire library of PSO and PSP digital games.

As a price point, it's really not that much more appealing than a Vita. You can pick up a used Vita in great condition for $150. Either way though, you still have to buy the ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards. That's the real kick to the balls. 8GB is enough that your PSV TV isn't useless out of the box, but it's going to run out of space very fast. I have a fairly small library of PSO/PSP titles on my PSP and it clocks in at around 28GB.

If you're only into PSO/PSP games, the cost still doesn't justify upgrading from a PSP and you still don't have access to your fully library. If you're into Vita games, you probably already have a Vita anyway.

Struggling to see the target audience for this, is what I'm saying. It seems to be for people who already had a Vita and kinda want to play on a bigger screen, rather than a cheaper alternative to a Vita.

In the Year of Our Lord 2013, we have seen the follow-up to the Super Gameboy.

You don't see the appeal of a cheap Roku box that also plays games.

WAT!

6ch6ris6

what is a PSO? read that several times in this thread

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

shingi_70

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Phantasy Star Online.

WAT!

sugarpixel

6ch6ris6 wrote:

I'm assuming "PS One", which refers to the original PlayStation.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.