Forums

Topic: Pinball Discussion (Real Tables, Zen Pinball, Pinball Arcade, etc)

Posts 141 to 160 of 184

Freelance

@MegaTen I LOVE YOU. Revenge of the 'Gator is a really underrated game and I hardly hear of anyone mentioning it or saying they like it. I love the gator theme, the music, and the dance in the intro. It's one of my favourite video-gamey pinball games.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

link3710

Oh man, I put so many hours into Revenge of the Gator as a kid.

link3710

Freelance

More 'Gator fans! I am pleased.

Freelance

RR529

@FinalFrog, I haven't played Star Wars 3D, but I've put more hours into Zen 3D & Marvel 3D than any other 3DS games & love them both.

If you have the option to get them on another console or a tablet (though maybe not a phone) do it, but the 3DS versions are still fine.

@Freelance, in regards to the BttF table, one thing I like about the mobile version of Zen is that they let you buy tables individually, even if they're only available in a pack elsewhere.

In other news, I finally achieved a new high score on Alien: Isolation of a bit over 17 million. It's a really tough table, but I like it a bit more every time I play it.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Sorry for the double post, but something exciting (by my standards, anyway) happened!

Got a new high score in Bride of Pinbot (TPA) - 1,045,000,000 (I completed her metamorphosis & hit the billion point shot)

Also got new high scores in Alien: Isolation (Zen) - 20,000,000, and Taxi (TPA) - 3,220,000.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Zen's Universal Classics tables are out now. Big disappointment to hear they don't have the official soundtracks, but I'll still grab the BttF table before too long.

Bunch of new high scores since my last post.

Zen:

South Park: Super Sweet Pinball - 238,000,000
Sorcerer's Lair - 139,000,000

TPA:

No Good Gofers - 65,000,000
Medieval Madness - 64,000,000
Taxi - 6,800,000
Black Hole - 3,800,000
Black Knight - 1,500,000

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

I'm going to post so you don't quadruple post lol. Nice scores btw. I use to hold quite a few #1 scores on the Wii U for Zen. At one point it was nearly half. Now I have no clue how many if any at all.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

World

@Freelance Probably won't shock you as we seem to like a lot of the same games, but my dad had this Japanese Gameboy multicart and Gator was the only game I played on it. I then later bought it on VC on my 3DS (and on a roommate's 3DS before that so I could play it before I had my own 3DS).

World

Freelance

@World It shocks me more that you have a bunch of games on a cart but all you've played was 'Gator. Were all the other games crap or something?

I am pleased there are more fans than I thought though. Lots of people talk about Kirby Pinball for 3DS Pinball options, but 'Gator never seems to get any attention. There are some non-fans out there that gets the impression pinball is 'all the same.' You just hit a ball around and hit stuff, so to them, they only need one pinball game to satisfy their needs, and they might as well get the one starring an iconic character over one with a generic gator theme.

Played the game a ton when I was a kid, but I lost it somehow. After several years I saw it in a game store but I didn't have enough money to buy it Thought I'd never be able to play it again until it came to 3DS VC. I was shocked it was coming out at all since it's not exactly popular or mainstream. I thought that if a little known game could come to 3DS VC, then maybe their (Hal) other game, Shanghai, would come too. It's one of my absolute favourite solitaire mahjong games, and I would be totally thrilled to have it with 'Gator on 3DS. Sadly it was not to be though. It never came out. Makes me sad.

Freelance

World

@Freelance There were a few standards which I'd already played to death, like Dr. Mario and Motocross Maniacs. But mainly a lot of them were text heavy Japanese games and oddball games that I didn't like at the time but would give another chance to now that I'm older and have more patience, like QBillion. I tried them all out, but that was the one that stuck with me. There was this other racing game that was kind of cool and sim-like, but the walls of text defeated me.

As far as Gator and Kirby Pinball compare, I'd say Gator is the top choice for me. I find Kirby's physics a lot more floaty and the tables not as exciting. I mostly wish for a traditional Kirby game while playing it, while Gator can stand on its own in that way.

World

Freelance

@World While I've never played Kirby Pinball, I have seen videos and screenshots, and the table layouts don't look as interesting or as cool as 'Gator. I'm probably heavily biased about the 'cool' part though because I love crocodilians, even cartoon ones. They're pretty awesome reptiles.

While I may not love Zen as much as TPA, I do love Super League Football. IMO it's the best pin they've ever made. My score is 785,023,760. None of the people in my Friends list have managed to come even close to that score.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

World

@Freelance Kirby Pinball relies on weird precision challenges to keep the game progressing. In my opinion, this is a failing of so many mascot video pinball games so it's hardly alone in that.

I don't really play Zen Pinball, but this is something I clearly need to rectify. I like video pinball, but I love football/soccer more.

World

RR529

Hopefully one of you guys/gals can help me out.

I downloaded TPA off of Amazon's app store in the hopes of buying tables with my Amazon credit (which I come by more easily than Google Play credit), but when I downloaded the app, it said it needed access to Google Play billing service, so I'm left wondering if purchases will still pull from Google Play even though I downloaded it from Amazon.

I have a Samsung tablet, BTW.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Freelance

@World Apparently Super League Football has an official website, although there's nothing but a video trailer in it.

http://superleaguefootball.com/

When the pin came out originally, you could choose between several themed liveries based on actual teams. I chose A.S. Roma because of the cool wolf mascot costume (each pin has mascot of that team on the board), and I love wolves. The contract with those teams expired though, so you can't get them anymore. There's only the fictional Zen team now, for those people who don't care about any of the teams listed.

Freelance

World

@Freelance Ah, that's too bad. But honestly, that just brings me back to the days where not every football game had licensed teams. Not a huge difference for me. It's still an amazing idea and I had no idea it existed!

World

Freelance

I Dled Zen Pinball on my phone to try out BttF although I don't really like playing pinball on phone, but apparently there's no demo option for me to try. I was able to test those Bethesda pins for free on phone previously, but I thought it'd be the same for universal.

Oh wells.

PS. PS3 allowed me to demo every pin that came out as far as I can recall :/

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

RR529

@Freelance, yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about thier mobile app. As far as I can tell I've never been able to demo anything on my tablet (haven't tried the Bethesda tables, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

I've recently completed the main objectives in Elvira & the Party Monsters, The Champion's Pub, & Scared Stiff, which I'm pretty excited about!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

@RR529 I think Champion's Pub is my favorite of TPA tables.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RR529

@Spoony_Tech, it's not one of my favorites (a bit too busy for my tastes), but I won't deny it has a really cool theme.

Honestly only played it because it's one of this month's free tables, and just happened to have an unbelievably good run (managed to become champion, with a score of 197 Million or so). Completely caught myself by suprise, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Sorry, this topic has been locked.