Forums

Topic: Pinball Discussion (Real Tables, Zen Pinball, Pinball Arcade, etc)

Posts 121 to 140 of 184

rockodoodle

Does anybody have Season Three for Pinball Arcade? Is it worth getting the whole thing or should I just get 2-3 that I really want? (High Speed, Dracula and maybe one other).....

Interesting that this is coming to the Wii U. I have been playing on my Vita and really enjoying it. Maybe I should just save Season three for the Wii U, as I love playing on the gamepad.

rockodoodle

mystman12

Well, I've never bought a season pass before, but there's a lot of great games in 3. Diner is one of my favorites, and Black Knight 2000 and Fish Takes are great, too. Haven't played much of the other's (although I really need to get Dracula), as some of them aren't quite my cup of tea. (Who Dunnit and Junkyard are a bit too slow for me, and High Speed... Well, let's just say I can't play that long before I want to tear my ears off. ) It really all comes down to personal preference.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

rockodoodle

I used to play High Speed when I was in high school- it just brings back memories....thanks for the input.

rockodoodle

Spoony_Tech

When I was younger I use to love playing Space Shuttle. After a brief session not to long ago on the 3ds version of TPA I came to realize that table is not really that good. I did really like Fun house and Whirl Wind though from those 7 tables. Pinbot is also good.

Other then those I've played a few PA tables on my phone but I truly hate playing anything pinball related on my phone. Just doesn't feel right. I do have all the Zen and Star Wars tables sans South Park on my Wii U and a few that aren't available on the U I have on the xbox360. However the gamepad is the perfect place to play pinball, I just wish there were more options even from Zen. Also have all zens tables on my 3ds that's on offer. As much as I liked playing them on my 3ds before I had other options I can't even look at them anymore. Those tables are just too slow to be fun.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RR529

Fired up Zen Pinball (Android) last night for the first time in awhile, and did a few rounds on the Portal & Mars tables.

Pretty good time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mystman12

@Spoony_Tech: Really? I've always enjoyed Space Shuttle. Simple, but fun, and awesome sound! While it's not my favorite, I just enjoy the simpler games every now and then. Funhouse and Whirlwind are definitely my favorites in that collection though, and they hold a special place for me since they're basically the games that got me into pinball in the first place.

You really should get the Wii U version of the Pinball Arcade once it comes out. Should be any week now!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Spoony_Tech

@mystman12: I will start out with my favorites of course but I will have the intentions of getting every table. I'm really excited to see how these tables look on the Wii U.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

Me and a mate of mine have just finished a carpentry job and have some excellent quality wood leftovers and some water-based finish that looks incredible ~ we're both huge pinball fans so we thought, why don't we try and build a small video pinball cabinet (without the backglass)?! We're not aiming at making anything real size, just something smallish to leave in the corner of the house and play casually while having a drink - a mini.video.pinball.
So, question time: is there any game that supports TATE/vertical screen?! We thought we could use a spare 18" LCD screen we already have, and I really think everything would look better in TATE. I don't care if I have to put a PC or a PS3 in the case.
Are there any pre-built controllers available for sale?! I think we can build and wire the buttons ourselves, but a pre-built solution would be much quicker. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome! Cheers.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

mystman12

@spizzamarozzi: Hmm, I don't know much about pin cabs, but you can probably receive more guidance on gopinball.com or the vpforums if you need it.

Anyways, The Pinball Arcade comes out on Wii U tomorrow!

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pinball-arcade-wii-u

Looking forward to it!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Tasuki

Pinball Arcade is available in NA on the Wii U. I have this game on the PS4 and my Phone but it will be nice to be able to play it when the tv is in use.

I can't recommend this game enough especially if your a fan of real pinball tables like Black Knight, Pinbot, Adams Family etc.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

mystman12

Okay, so I downlowded it, and while it's great, I'm a little disappointed with a few things. Mainly the audio quality. It's just really bad, and it affects every game except F-14 for some reason, which sounds great. Also, you can't display the DMD on the gamepad like they originally had planned, which is weird considering they had it working at one point, but not a big issue.

On the plus side, it plays great and all the tables seem to have the upgrade flipper physics, which is awesome. Buying a table pack is quick and easy, and you are able to trial each machine.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

RR529

I've really started getting into the Pinball Arcade again.

Awhile ago they've updated it so they now have 4 free tables of the month (meaning you can play the full version of those tables as much as you want during that time), instead of just the one.

This has led me to play it a lot more. I was regularly playing High Speed, but ever since it was rotated out of the selection I've been playing Space Shuttle.

For reference the current free tables are Space Shuttle, Who Dunnit?, Dr. Dude, & Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Hope it's okay to revive this, I know it's right on the 6 month precipice.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

TPA has updated the roster of Free Tables of the Month:

• Class of 1812
  • Elvira & the Party Monsters
  • Haunted House
  • Monster Bash

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

Has anyone checked out The Stern Pinball Arcade? It's on PS4 (not sure if it's on other consoles yet). It's made by Farsight Studios the same people that made The Pinball Arcade but it just has Stern tables. I also heard that alot are repeat tables that are on TPA. So I was wondering if it's worth getting if I already have a bunch of tables on TPA.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

After a bit of a hiatus, I've gotten pinball fever recently, lol. Been playing some Zen on my tablet, with a few new high scores, and even a couple new purchases.

South Park: Super Sweet Pinball - New high score is a little over 128 Million.

Aliens Pinball - A new purchase. I've started learning the table, and have a High Score of just over 63 Million. Really love the Alien Queen at the top.

Alien: Isolation Pinball - My other new purchase, but due to the complexity of it's ruleset, I'm having a tough time grasping it (My High Score is only 15 Million). It has by far the toughest Skillshot requirement I've ever run across (hard to explain in words), and it has both Health and Ammo guages which both effect your score (just extra things to watch out for in addition to what you usually have to deal with, which makes it tough).

@Tasuki, regarding the Stern collection. I could be wrong, but I've always assumed such collections were for those who don't/can't purchase games digitally (and as such, don't imagine it would have anything exclusive).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

OMG, Zen is releasing a Back to the Future table (as well as E.T. & Jaws tables)! That was one of my most wanted ideas, so I'm stoked that it's happening.

Now I just need Jurassic Park, Godzilla, Dragon Ball, & Rick & Morty tables...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

We really need pinball on the Switch. It's the perfect system for it. Zen seems to be working on it but they want ZP3 out and done first I'm sure.

MERG said:

Freelance

Don't like Zen nearly as much as TPA, but I will get that BtTF pin. Only getting it 'cause I like the movie though.

Oh this sucks. It's in a 3 pack. Don't feel like paying more for just one pin. Not sure if I will get it now.

Oh, never mind. It's not coming to Vita anyway. Problem solved.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

FinalFrog

Is the star wars or the marvel ok on the 3ds? I heard it was too small. Does it play good though and is it worth it?

FinalFrog

Bunkerneath

@FinalFrog I quite like them, but sometimes the flippers just go through the ball

Hoping there will be some pinball games released for the switch, i love them

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.