Forums

Topic: Pinball Discussion (Real Tables, Zen Pinball, Pinball Arcade, etc)

Posts 161 to 180 of 184

Spoony_Tech

It's finally coming!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Just a heads up all Williams and Bally tables will be removed on June 30th from The Pinball Arcade due to the licensing agreement ending. Which means after June 30th you won't be able to buy any of the Williams and Bally tables. However if you buy them before hand, you will still have them and be able to play them after June 30th..

So buy them now if you want to have them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Freelance

I'm pretty much covered already. I have all seasons on PC, every pin but 3 on the Vita, and I'm buying my favourite Williams-Bally pins on mobile to play 'on the go.' I have only a couple left to go. It's still pretty sad though. TPA is going to be an empty shell when July comes. Majority of the pins, most of them great ones, in TPA are W-B.

Freelance

Spoony_Tech

As much as I'm mostly a Zen fan I can appreciate quite a few of the tables on TPA and Stern. I should really just get them all even if I'm not playing them now as they're enjoyable for sure.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Just an FYI. Today is the last day to buy any Bally/Williams from The Pinball Arcade before they are no longer able to be purchase due to rights. Once you buy them you will be able to download them just no new purchases.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

masterLEON

Regarding The Pinball Arcade situation...I've spent some money. Almost as much as on the Wii Shop.

Please, no more digital shop closures for the rest of the year, ok? My wallet's on the brink of death, lol!

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

dok5555555

From Zaccaria Pinball's facebook:

Hey everybody,
We have some SPECIAL NEWS TODAY.
We have finished the Zaccaria Pinball Nintendo Switch game recently and Nintendo has informed us that 27 July will be the release date!
Please remember that there can be timezone difference and for some of you arrive either before that date or slightly later.
I am going to share a bit more information on the packs that are going to be in the Nintendo Store and what tables they contain.
***Zaccaria Solid-State Table Pack 1***
Locomotion, Devil Riders, Pinball Champ tables, Farfalla, Blackbelt, Robot, Hot Wheels and Soccer Kings
***Zaccaria Solid-State Table Pack 2***
Shooting the Rapids, Star God, Magic Castle, Earth Wind Fire, Clown, Future World, Space Shuttle, Fire Mountain, Winter Sports
***Zaccaria Solid-State Table Pack 3***
Zankor, Pool Champion, Mexico '86, House of Diamonds, Mystic Star, Spooky, Star's Phoenix, Strike
***Zaccaria Electro-Mechanical Table Pack 1***
Aerobatics, Circus, Combat, Moon Flight, Lucky Fruit, Universe, Supersonic, Cine Star, Wood's Queen
***Zaccaria Remake Table Pack 1***
Shooting the Rapids 2016, Space Shuttle 2016, Combat 2017, Circus 2017, Earth Wind Fire 2017, House of Diamonds 2017, Spooky 2017, Farfalla 2017, Magic Castle 2017
Some of the tables are still missing but will be added later!

dok5555555

dok5555555

looks like they released Zaccaria Pinball early, it's on the eShop now. Comes with 1 free table with two variations on it (original and retro). So far so good, very polished and a lot of options. Every table has a trial as well. You can even earn extra tables by getting achievements, which are saved even from the trial tables you earned them on.

dok5555555

Spoony_Tech

I'll at least have to check it out.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Well we know where the Williams and Bally license went!

MERG said:

Freelance

I still find the news shocking as I never would have thought Zen would get the rights. They never digitized real pins before. That's good for those people who never managed to buy the pins they wanted in TPA before the contract ended. I won't be buying anything that's already in TPA, but I will get pins that TPA doesn't have, assuming Zen will actually digitize those. W/B is my fave pin manufacturer. I hope Radical! sees the light of day this time around.

Freelance

Spoony_Tech

Gameplay footage. Looks to be a bit faster to me and seems like a mix of Zen physics and TPA's.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Zen doing this release right!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Freelance

For anyone who's interested, Zen's W/B tables are censored, which is a big shame as Farsight never censored their pins. The good news is that you can toggle off/on Family Mode so you can see the DMDs uncensored, but the artwork on the pins will remain censored. The only pin I know of that got censored artwork is Fish Tales, but future pins will probably be censored too. Medieval Madness' DMDs are censored.

Censorship sucks. It gives me less incentive to buy pins from Zen if they're censored. hugs uncensored digitized pins on TPA

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Spoony_Tech

@Freelance https://blahcadepinball.com/149-mel-kirk-zen-interview

Good to know they won't be censored everywhere. It's a good listen if you have the time.

MERG said:

Moroboshi876

I liked pinball machines when I was little. Whenever I was in a restaurant I preferred them over video game arcade cabinets, believe it or not. And I regret it.

But I suck at pinball. And after downloading Pinball FX3 for free, I haven't bought tables because I don't know in which eShop are they the cheapest -it can't be checked in any web, unlike games- and also because the initial free tables show me that I'm too bad at this at least in video game form, with Switch's screen, which for things like this it's certainly too little.

Apart from that, and I understand it's not an issue for pinball fans, the more complex and spectacular is the table, the more I'm lost and don't know what's happening and just try to avoid the ball falling in the hole, which after a while gets old it you just do that. I don't know if anyone relates.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Moroboshi876 Zen Pinball can be jarring at first with so many things to do but you get use to it. Still even after well over 1000 hours I dread starting a new table because I have to learn what needs to be done. Usually what you want to do is hit flashing lanes. For most tables that's all there is to it. When you start a mission nearly all the tables will flash at where you need to hit the ball.

If the Zen made tables are too complicated for you then you should check out the New Williams and Bally tables in 8 days. Those are based off of real tables and are a lot less complicated. Some are pretty straight forward and simple.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@Moroboshi876 Oh, I forgot to mention when those tables go live on the 9th one of them will be free so you can see for yourself if they will be more to your liking.

MERG said:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.