Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 681 to 700 of 2,134

Ralizah

So, ah... somehow I completely missed out on the existence of a new tactical, turn-based BattleTech game releasing on the PC.

Good god, it looks amazing, though!

I swore I was done buying games on PC, but I'm buying this. ASAP.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NabbitFan730

Can ask you PC Games, If you own a Sony Vaio E15 series laptop, is it suitable to Gaming?

NabbitFan730

shinobi87

@NabbitFan730 Very limited gaming on this, you will get a few Indies running ok but not much else

shinobi87

NabbitFan730

Welp, Guess I'm a Console Gamer from here on Out.
Thanks for the Help BTW

NabbitFan730

Freelance

@NabbitFan730 Well that's kinda silly to pass on PC gaming because someone said so. While it's true you can't really run many new games, there's still a ton load of classic PC games you can play on pretty much any low end computer, and many of them are just as good, if not better, than new games. Unless you're some graphics whore or despise anything 'old,' you can play games as far back as the 80s.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

NabbitFan730

@Freelance I know but is one benefits of a PC is that it more powerful than console so If my laptops is weaker than my consoles then for me it's PC Retro Gaming which idk

NabbitFan730

LuckyLand

NabbitFan730 wrote:

@Freelance I know but is one benefits of a PC is that it more powerful than console so If my laptops is weaker than my consoles then for me it's PC Retro Gaming which idk

One of my favourite pc games is a game from 1992, Alone in the dark. I'd put it absolute 1st place at least amongst the ones that I can play only on pc and not on a console (I think it was released at least on one console but something like Jaguar or 3DO that I never even had the chance to try back then)

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Anti-Matter

Hello.
I have interest with The Sims series for PC games, especially The Sims 3 & The Sims 4.

So, I just want to know exactly How do I install the Sims 3 + Expansion Packs if there is an Origin inside (starting from some Expansion packs) but I want to install them Offline and from Genuine Physical disc, not from Pirated copy + Cracks since both on Youtube and my reality place almost always shown how to install the Sims games by illegal way.

Oh, how about the Sims 4 ? Can I install the Sims 4 without install Origin first ? I want to play them Offline. Oh, one more thing. How do I install them on Windows 10 since Laptop nowadays using Windows 10. And yes, I wanna play The Sims games on Laptop.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

@NabbitFan730 PC retro gaming still offers a ton of gems. I'm a RTS fan and I still load all the old Age of Empires/mythology/legends games to scratch that itch. Plus there are smaller current games that your machine can run that can be just as fun. GOG is a great source for both.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

shaneoh

DarthNocturnal wrote:

According to PC Gaming Wiki, all non-Steam versions of 3 require Origin.

Then it's wrong, I bought a retail version of Sims 3 and I was able to install it without Origin or Steam.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Eel

I somehow got four pc games today.

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Stardew Valley and Sonic Adventure DX.

Sales are nice.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

6ch6ris6

@Meowpheel do the fallout games run well? i've heared the pc ports crash rather often

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

shaneoh

@6ch6ris6
Apparently this will help it run better:

Open your My Documents folder.
Under My Games, open the Fallout 3 folder and select the fallout.ini file.
In the fallout.ini file, find the following line: bUseThreadedAI=0.
Change this line to read: bUseThreadedAI=1.
Add another line after it that reads: iNumHWThreads=2.
Run the game.

Apparently it doesn't like anything with more than two cores, so this fix will make it so that it only uses two cores.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Eel

I dunno if it works well, left them downloading overnight... Along with both portal games, which I bought after that post...

If they don't run well, eh. They were basically free.

Bloop.

Eel

Ok I can confirm now that Fallout 3 doesn't even start on my laptop. I can't modify the ini file, because it doesn't get far enough into it to actually create it.

New Vegas on the other hand seems to work just fine so far.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ryu_Niiyama

FO3 has always had Crash to desktop issues. I always keep my gaming rig competitive but I have never had smooth sailing with that game. Even with the unofficial patches. I can play for hours and all of a sudden it will just CTD.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

shaneoh wrote:

@6ch6ris6
Apparently this will help it run better:

Open your My Documents folder.
Under My Games, open the Fallout 3 folder and select the fallout.ini file.
In the fallout.ini file, find the following line: bUseThreadedAI=0.
Change this line to read: bUseThreadedAI=1.
Add another line after it that reads: iNumHWThreads=2.
Run the game.

Apparently it doesn't like anything with more than two cores, so this fix will make it so that it only uses two cores.

Thanks for this. I just redownloaded Fallout 3, and couldn't remember what alterations I made to get it to work.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jhena

If anyone cares the jotun valhalla edition can be downloaded for free on gog and steam.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic