Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,134

BruceCM

Just to check, are you running it in 'compatibility mode', @Xyphon22 .... ? It actually seems to work better NOT doing that! Also, are you using 'resume'? Since the 'load save' options also seems to work better Unfortunately, if it is issues with your graphics cards, as I hear it has plenty with Intel ones, I can't help, since I'm on AMD Radeon, which seem to have a lot less problems with it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Xyphon22

@BruceCM I'm not changing anything, so if it's running in compatibility mode it's doing it by itself. And I haven't been able to start a game yet, so I'm not resuming or loading a save. I tried it again this morning and it seems that if I just leave it on the title screen or click "options" I can do that and it will keep running, but if I click "Replay intro movie" (even though an intro movie never played) it will crash immediately. And if I click "New game" it will let me choose a difficulty level and then begin loading for a few seconds before crashing.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Xyphon22

So just trying to get anything to work because I hadn't yet, I went into the Graphics options and changed it from DirectDraw to 3Dfx. I don't know what any of that is, but it allowed the intro video to play. Unfortunately, it still freezes and crashes in exactly the same spot when I try to start a new game. The screen changes and says "loading files to hard drive" with a bar at the bottom, and it always fills up to the same spot about 1/4 full before stopping and crashing.

Xyphon22

BruceCM

Definitely seems like an issue with the graphics side, @Xyphon22..... I don't know enough about that stuff, beyond what I said I'd read before

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tasuki

Why is it when a console game goes to PC people start saying they lost exclusivity. Is it coming to the Xbox One??? Is it coming to Switch??? Ok then they are not losing anything.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yup, there it is. And once the door has been cracked open, who can say what’s off limits now.

I figured it was only a matter of time because I never bought into them having any type of exclusivity deal in the first place. I don’t think Nintendo was ever in some deal for SMT, and I don’t think Persona was any different than that. Just think they decided to do Persona on PS, SMT on Nintendo, and neither of them were ever really that popular so they worked with the fanbases they had. But now that Persona got popular they’re going to look at putting it elsewhere.

I’d prefer Switch, but I’ll gladly take PC too as the next best thing. Especially since this game will run on the Win 2, meaning the full hybrid experience. With Persona 5 running on PC already, that’s pretty much a wrap. As long as games come to Switch/PC I’m happy. And maybe this is a sign of things to come. With Catherine Full Body releasing next month, and now this, I wouldn’t be surprised if Switch versions arrive at some point.

Either way, this is a win. Every day I feel like kicking myself for not buying a proper gaming PC sooner.

edit
Currently waiting for The Outer Worlds on Steam, where I can have my glorious gyro aiming. 95% of the time I prefer switch versions of games if they’re an option, this is one of those few exceptions where I think I’d rather play on Steam. Thankfully, I’ve become very good at being patient and waiting for games to come to the systems I prefer to play them on. That’s going to pay even more dividends going into this next generation as we start seeing both MS and Sony supporting PC, and to a further extent.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JokerCK

God I'm begging you please. Please persona 3 and 4 come to switch. I mean if they gonna coming for pc then why not switch??

JokerCK

BruceCM

Well, it's why they seem to specify now, @Tasuki.... Just saying exclusive should mean it's only on one platform

SW-4357-9287-0699

Buizel

@Ralizah Seems mad to me that P4G would come to PC before the Switch or the PS4, but ah well. As @JaxonH mentioned it's cracked the door open, allowing Persona to become the multiplatform series it absolutely should be.

I won't be getting this as I have New Game+ to play on my (P4D special edition) Vita, but would totally jump on a Switch port.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@HunterLeon Interestingly, PC is this sort of 'neutral territory' where companies can happily send their games while still claiming them to be "exclusive." With that said, I also think it's a way for companies to test out if other markets are more profitable. I expect Persona 4 is going to sell extremely well on Steam, which could open the door to a Switch port.

I know if I worked at Atlus, I'd want to make sure that the financial benefits of going multi-plat were worth losing whatever free advertising and cross-promotional benefits we got with Sony (particularly in Japan).

Reminder that there wasn't a huge gap between Catherine's Steam release and the announcement of a Full Body port on Steam.

I think Catherine will also be a good test case for Atlus on Switch.

@JaxonH Really, if you can live without Sony's first-party stuff, then PC/Switch is increasingly becoming the best platform combo this gen.

I'd love to see the cross-save functionality in Switch/PC versions of games become the standard. Still very cool that I can quickly zap my Switch save file over to the PC version, and vica-versa.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Xyphon22

@BruceCM Yeah, seems that way. And unfortunately I know nothing about any of this stuff, so I doubt I can fix it. Maybe I'll find a way, or maybe it will work if I just wait. I got Syberia on Gog and it refused to even start up for over a year. Then one day I tried it again just for the heck of it and it worked. They must have fixed something, so maybe that will happen here, too.

Xyphon22

JaxonH

Considering I buy every great game on both Switch for hybrid play/gyro and PC for graphics/posterity/gyro (and hybrid play when possible, if the game runs on Win2), this was always going to be a day one purchase. I have it on Vita, but I haven’t touched that system in years, nor do I intend to. Like the 3DS, I’ve long since moved on.

Typically I’ll wait for a deep deep sale to double dip on a Steam game I already have on Switch or is coming to Switch (like Trails of Cold Steel 3, it looks and runs amazing on Switch, so I’m in no rush to buy on Steam for full price right away, but I will gladly pick it up for 20 bucks down the line for posterity’s sake). But games that aren’t on Switch, those are all day one. Every single game that comes to Steam puts me one game closer to completely disavowing and abandoning my other non-hybrid consoles. I figure I’ll sell my X1X, PS4pro and PSVR along with the 100+ games I have, keep the dozen or so PS4 exclusives that aren’t on PC or Switch, and assuming they’re added to BC, just buy a PS5 down the line as a one-stop shop for the select PS exclusives left over multiple generations (since it would also cover any PS5 exclusives too, and if I buy towards the end of the generation I can be sure to only focus on the ones that don’t eventually make their way over to Steam or Switch), which would result in almost a complete migration to PC-Switch only, exception being a PS5 on the side for the dozen PS4 and dozen PS5 exclusives that never make the jump.

The goal ultimately being to transition from owning every platform (which has become excessive- I’m tired of having four different platforms and never using half of them) to only owning one power platform that also offers gyro aiming (Steam) and one hybrid handheld platform that also offers gyro aiming (Switch). That covers all bases. Xbox can be completely omitted moving forward as everything goes to PC now, and the few that haven’t don’t have gyro on Xbox anyways, so who cares. PS can almost be completely omitted, especially seeing games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding going to PC, Catherine Full Body on Switch, Persona 4 Golden and apparently Persona 3 going to PC (and P5 running on PC), Trails of Cold Steel and YS finally on Switch and PC...

But there’s always that handful of games where it’s worth having a system for. Probably not worth it if it was only PS4 and nothing else- I‘d be OK just parting with all of them. God of War, Last of Us Remastered (not the sequel), Uncharted games, Shadow of the Colossus and Spiderman for me (maybe Ghosts of Tsushima, looks like samurai Far Cry, and I like Far Cry but... ya, we’ll see) aren’t really worth holding on to the entire system for. Bloodborne is admittedly great but not for me, and pretty much everything else has released on PC/Switch now (Final Fantasy X and XII and VII Remake as of next March, Trails 1, 2, 3 and 4, Catherine, Ni No Kuni 1/2, Valkyria Chronicles 1/4, the Yakuza games, Tales series, etc). But given there will also be a handful of PS5 titles, as long as I can play all these games on one single system, that’s not really something I can ignore. One or two titles? I can live without. But a dozen PS4/PS5 exclusives all playable on one system? Ya, that’s worth having. I might not use it very often but I would definitely feel like I’m missing out if I didn’t, unlike Xbox where everything really is entirely on PC.

The price you have to pay to consolidate games on two platforms is patience. Switch ports often release later, and PC ports often release later (especially now that Epic is signing exclusivity deals left and right). But I’m perfectly OK with that as a game tomorrow is just as fun as a game today, more fun, actually. Provided it’s on a system that provides gyro aiming or hybrid portability. And it sometimes comes with the bonus of a lower price tag ($30 Borderlands 3 on Steam? Yes please). PC and Switch are just such great platforms, and make such an incredibly powerful pair together. I’m just grateful there’s at least one power platform and one handheld that offers gyro aiming. Once you see the light, there’s no going back. Steam deserves so much credit for the Steam Controller and its system wide controller configuration tool to map gyro to to any controller for any game. If it wasn’t for that I’d probably have just stuck with power consoles.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SomeBitTripFan

@Ralizah Between SEGA's increasing interest and support of PC and the release of Catherine Classic, expanding ATLUS's available catalogue seemed highly possible. Glad to see it happening and hoping sales will be good enough to prompt further releases.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

BruceCM

Yeah, I saw something about the CD version not having those problems, if that helps, @Xyphon22 .... Still a bit of work to get that going & I don't know much about it but I'm sure you could find some guides for it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Vinny

Got Bug Fables, really brings back that classic Paper Mario feel.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

JaxonH

Any word on the Outer Worlds Steam release? Assuming it’s one year exclusivity, that puts us around October, ya?

Any other noteworthy Steam gaming news lately? Besides Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3? Sometimes it’s hard separating the wheat from the chaff when I hear PC gaming announcements. Never know if it’s MS Store or Epic exclusive, or even Origin exclusive. I don’t mind waiting just so long as a game comes to Steam eventually. I was glad to see Dragon Age games added back to Steam.

What about Control? Borderlands 3, Control and Outer Worlds were the big 3 I was waiting on. Got BL3, but still no word on when the other two are releasing this year.

BruceCM

It's got a 'planned release 2020' on Steam, @JaxonH .... I expect there'll be something more definite soon, though! Perhaps during the Summer of Gaming stuff they'll mention it?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

My co-worker just turned me on to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and the soon-to-be-released AAA sequel, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.

The first game was apparently on the original Xbox, and I had never heard of it. I’m also typically not fond of vampire games. But he linked me a review and... wow. The game is downright incredible! It feels like a BioWare game. All the characters and interactions and choosing a faction... it’s so good! It’s sold on Steam but I guess the developers were disbanded after it released and never patched it up, So there’s a community MOD you can install that not only fix is bugs but adds missing content, makes the graphics better, etc. no I immediately bought it.

Vampire: Masquerade - Bloodlines (2004)

But the new one... that’s what really hyped me. Oh. My. Goodness. Members of the original team came back together to make the sequel. How have I never heard of this game before? Apparently you have to be careful because the source material can be used by anyone so there’s a bunch of other Vampire The Masquerade games out there in different genres. Some of them are visual novels and most of them aren’t that good. But this new one? It’s a BANGER.

Vampire: Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (2020)

@BruceCM
Ya! That’s tomorrow. Persona breaks free finally!

And it’s not just Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden. An absolute truckload of previously-exclusive PS and Xbox titles are now coming to PC or have already made the jump. And some of them also crossed to other platforms now, but it’s crazy how many games that I used to have on these systems because I couldn’t play anywhere else, that I now have on PC or will have in the future.

Xbox
Gears of War 5
Gears Tactics
Halo Masterchief Collection
Halo Infinite
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Recore
Killer Instinct
Hellblade
Hellblade 2

Playstation
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Persona 4 Golden
Beyond Two Souls
Detroit Become Human
Nioh 2
The Show
Street Fighter V
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
No No Kuni 2
Valkyria Chronicles

It’s such a great platform for gaming. It really is the “ultimate” gaming platform, if you think about it. It gets the best of both worlds, games from both Sony and MS, all the big titles, free online, gyro aiming, 60fps for any game, the potential for better graphics and performance than any console (if you have the money, you can get practically anything you want).

@status-204
What is Satisfactory?

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic