Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,134

BruceCM

Heh, I'm looking forward to that, too, @JaxonH .... Dunno much about Horizon Zero Dawn but I'll probably get it on Steam when it's out

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tasuki

@JaxonH Bloodlines was PC only it never had a console release. I know some people are hoping that a remake, remaster or even just a port will come to consoles especially with 2 on the way but for now you can find it on Steam or GoG.

Fun Fact it's was created by the same guy that created the Fallout universe (having created Fallout and Fallout 2) and would go on to do the story for Diablo III.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

@Tasuki
I didnt know that. Wow.

I'd love a remaster, but it still looks/plays well enough. Started a game last night. I'm very impressed. How did I never hear of this game before...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tasuki

@JaxonH It was easy to miss. For one Troika games didn't have a big budget for advertisment and two Vampire Masquerade was a niche product at the time, having only come out 10 years earlier. Plus table top RPGs were more looked down upon back then it was geeky and nerdy unlock now where everyone and their mom it seems does it thanks to stuff like Critical Role. And when most people talked about tabletop RPGs it was Dungeon and Dragons or some of the others that was out longer.

There's was even a Fox TV show based on Vampire the Masquerade called Kindred the Embrace but that only lasted for one season (but that was more due Fox and Whitewolf not wanting to play nice).

Even myself and my friends who was into Vampire the Masquerade (my friends more so then me) didn't even hear of Bloodlines when it came out. In fact I didn't hear about it till a few years ago myself. Also, I think it didn't help being a PC only release if it was a console release as well I am sure it would have been more popular and looked upon now like Star War: Knights of the Old Republic, and Morrowind are.

So yeah not surprising if you didn't hear about it till now.

My Backlog

JaxonH

@Tasuki
I'm surprised you know about it tbh. I wasnt expecting anyone here to have known what it was.

So did you ever play it? And if so, what are your thoughts on the sequel coming out? The dev team has members from the original team and being a direct sequel it seems like it could be a real banger. I played a bit of the first last night with the unofficial 1.7 patch that improves shaders and graphics and all kinds of other stuff. I liked how you could toggle between 1st and 3rd person. I actually thought the 1st person felt more natural though, which makes the new one feel even more consistent being 1st person (though its possible it will let you switch also). Gyro aiming will work perfectly from that view.

I was never into D&D or tabletop because I was too busy ruining my life with substance abuse and partying. Whole era is just a blur in the rearview. But my coworker told me he was into the source material back in the day and wanted to play the game when it released. At first I thought it was like, a board game or card based video game. Kinda went in one ear and out the other. But once I saw that review I was floored.

Theres a werewolf game coming out too drawing from the same source material, from a different dev team, but they only showed a teaser so far, and it says Epic Game store which means theyve already signed timed exclusivity (ugh).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tasuki

@JaxonH I myself have never played it since I wasn't into PC gaming when it released and again I only found out about it a few years ago but I did watch several different play throughs on YouTube and enjoyed the game. I can't wait for the second one myself and am one of those people that hopes the release the first one on consoles in some form. I will be getting it for sure.

As for source material, Vampire the Masquerade belonged to a system created by White Wolf called World of Darkness which included Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage the Acension, Hunter the Reckoning and a few other that I don't remember the names but I remember a Mummy game. They could be played all together or separately. I remember a Hunter the Reckoning game came out for the Original Xbox (maybe PS2 and GameCube I am not sure on those). I never played it myself so I don't know how good it is.

Also another fun fact before White Wolf did the World of Darkness series, they created a Street Fighter II table top RPG that used the same system they would use for World of Darkness. So if wanted to the Street Fighter II RPG can be included as well into the World of Darkness game lol.

My Backlog

BruceCM

Did you catch the bit about it just now in the Guerilla Collective show ..... ? As soon as the video is made available, I'll share it for you

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

JokerCK

Yep Persona 4 Golden for pc is out right now.

Edited on by JokerCK

JokerCK

Buizel

£16 for Persona 4 Golden on Steam is an absolute steal. I wholeheartedly recommend this to any fan of JPRGs who wasn't able to pick it up before now.

Let's not forget this this was widely considered the best game for Vita. A shadow drop for this on PC is pretty big. Fingers crossed for Switch!

At least 2'8".

TheFrenchiestFry

seeing Persona 4 Golden running at 60fps is so surreal

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

Ya I have P4G on Vita, but I'm so glad to get it on Steam. And it's a game that will actually run on the Win 2, so TV play with better graphics and handheld play, basically hybrid with Steam cloud saves between them. Run that.

Also preordered Vampire: Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 deluxe edition on Steam that locks in the story expansion content planned for it. And grabbed Mass Effect Andromeda for $15, and Jedi Fallen Order for $30 (figure $20 is unlikely for a while). I wishlisted my entire X1 and PS4 library to grab in deep deep sales in the migration to PC. Only a few stragglers left I hadn't bought, so its nice to plug a few holes whenever possible.

BruceCM

That was a great show .... Half the games were on my wishlist already! Been checking details for some others that are timed EGS exclusives, so they will also come to Steam

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Ya. Lotta timed exclusives.

But the joke's on them. I dropped their launcher in the recycle bin 😁 Steam or bust baby.

It's actually not that bad waiting for a game releasing later. You get used to it after a while. Basically just set your expectations of every game releasing to be further back in your mind. So when a game releases and it's not on your choice platform yet, that's ok, cause that other game that released a year ago IS now dropping on your platform.

Edited on by JaxonH

BruceCM

Yeah, I have plenty of games, @JaxonH.... One or 2 aren't confirmed to be only timed but that's why I checked Which did you like?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Tbh alot caught my eye but none really jumped out as absolute must haves according to my taste in games. Besides Persona 4 Golden, Resident Evil Village, maybe Godfall but I'm still not sold on that one yet. Torchlite 3 is a buy.

Ya Idk. The big ones on Steam I'm waiting on or have preordered/wish listed is

RE Village
Beyond Two Souls
Detroit Become Human
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Outer Worlds
Control
Cyberpunk 2077
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines 2

I may be forgetting a few but, I think that covers alot of them. I want to buy as many previously PS exclusive games as possible though to show support for releasing games on PC. I wouldn't say Beyond Two Souls or Detroit Become Human are favorites of mine- they're decent enough I guess. But I will support their PC release

BruceCM

Heh, I pre-purchased Cyberpunk 2077 months ago, @JaxonH.... & Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 Got to play Torchlight 2 & demos for lots of the recent announcements, too Going to keep an eye on Godfall, Mortal Shell & I think I'll want HZD, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Dope.

Untitled

Ralizah

Unsurprisingly, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the Persona 4 PC port.

Almost like people on other platforms would love to have a chance to play your classics, eh, Atlus?

nudge, nudge

They're sitting on a stupidly large back-catalog of great JRPGs, honestly.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Lols, it's gone straight to the top selling game on Steam, @Ralizah .... Just maybe Atlus might take notice of that?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Man, I’d forgotten how good Persona 4 is. I think I like it even more than Persona 5. There’s just something about the cast of characters that makes me like them more. There’s also the fact I platinumed Persona 4 Dancing on Vita, to this day the only game on PlayStation I have ever done that for. Point being, I spent a lot of time with these characters. Got the Yu figma and the Rise Kajikawa 1/7 scale statue, the works. I was seriously into P4 at one time. Playing this game again just brings back those memories.

I really hope they bring this to switch. Like, honestly, forget Persona 5. Just bring Persona 4 Golden. The game holds up remarkably well. I think I would be more happy seeing this game on switch than P5, honest to God. And it should pose less of an issue if there is by chance some deal in place. Surely they’re not going to keep paying to keep old games exclusive forever, right? I mean, even Final Fantasy X and XII eventually made the jump.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic